does your school use mac?

does your school use mac?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. does your school use mac?

• yes
    • no
    • wtf is mac

At my school we have 3 computer rooms 2 of them are full of macs around 30 to each class and the other room has P4 Dells with Windows XP ( We got these because one kid couldnt use a mac so the school went and got 30 lol ).

All of the teachers have Powerbooks and the computer lab teachers use the G4 Powerbooks and the school servers are run by Windows 2003 :)

My school has one computer room, for some reason it's tucked away in the back of the school, that has Mac computers and they use them for video editing. Drafting class that is...

my school has a sh!t load of sh!te computers and a handful of newer ones. None of them are macs. Wish they were, most of the POSs cannot even run win2000 at a satisfactory speed.

At the school I work at are all P4's...but they are gonna replace the Celeron laptops with PowerBook G4s :)

Department of Ed here switched into a contract with Dell now. Only problem is that the system is always down and getting infected with viruses. Gotta love Windows. :D Only good computers are the old G4's and G3's doing DV work in the studio. Most are running OS9 but some have OSX 10.1.

My high school had both Macs and PC's running 98. Most people used the Macs even though they were older. I graduated in 2000 so I don't know what they have there now.

At the University of Maryland, there are lots of Macs. A friend of mine runs one of the Chemistry departments computer labs and it is 100% Mac. I also know they just got in late last year a bunch of G5's.

All of my schools labs have Dells and IMacs...and I did go into one the other day that had a bunch of powermac G4s with the nice big apple monitors :D

It was great actually...most of the PCs were taken but not one of the powermacs were...they were a joy to use too :yes: I love OSX

tsk.. all you youngsters.. in my day we had 486's with 4mb running Windows 3.11, and if you were really lucky you got on the Pentium 133's with 16mb :woot:

The elmen. schools use the "new" iMacs with the swivel moniters, but the Middle and High School use old 166 mhz pcs in the library and classrooms. They have a ****in turbo button and are running nt 4.0. In the 2 labs a the middle school they use P4 1.somethings ghz. Exept they insist on useing windows 2000

most british *schools* use windows only i think. my secondary school a year or so a ago had about 150 windows 2000 boxes ( p1 133 - p4 1.6ghz ) and 15 laptops ( celeron )

my 6th form uses mostly windows 2000 while the newer computers are starting to use windows xp and the laptops use windows 98 OMG

Are whole school is mac, A G4 Lab , G5's coming in this up-coming year, eMac lab, Old iMacs in the library being replaced by eMacs, new iMacs in multimedia lab.

No, we had Windows 95/98 :woot:

That's what mine used, they just started switching everything over to 2000 when I graduated! :rolleyes: My computer teacher wanted everyone to be either on XP or Linux :laugh: I could see some of those students trying to use Linux :laugh:

We have a lot of Macs but they are being replaced by Dells (the Macs were old and had to go anyway). But that's just the computer labs, we still have a lot of G3 iMacs in the library and a G4 PowerMac or two in the video editing lab or whatever it is.

i dont actually know whehter they do or not (i start in august) but if not, i will have one and will make every attempt to switch the whole school bwahahaha