Firefox Or IE?

Firefox Or IE?  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Firefox Or IE?

• Internet Explorer
    • Firefox

I have been using IE all my life :yes: , i dont no much about Firefox but it has recently being bought up, and more and more people have started using it. Should i switch?

What are the advantages if i change and disadvantages? Considering im on a 56k modem, will i notice much?

Cheers

Firefox was bought? I think you're mistaken.

I think he meant brought up, because of all the "kill IE" stuff going around.

IE is a good browser IMO and I use it.

Firefox is a good browser and I've used it.

But Firefox does offer a lot of cool features and stuff. Its also updated a lot. I like them both, but my advice is go ahead and try out firefox and if you like it then switch, if you are uncomfortable then don't.

FireFox defintatly i did the change over about a week ago and was first off unimpressed but now ive themed it and fully customized it works really good!!!

I can see you bingham. ur sitting next to me!!!!

Before comming to neowin i ha no idea there were other internetbrowsers around, so i tried them all out and now i use firefox.

It's a matter of preference, everyone's different. The best way for you to see what is the best bowser for you is to try them all out

I can see you dave *stop tapping the computer table*

Well when i get back home, i will download it!

so what does Firefox have to offer?

because i have herd it makes browsing faster, how does it do that?

wow, another thread/poll about this. jeez.

ie is slow on my dialup, the rendering sucks. firefox gets my vote.

Sorry, i did ask my mate to search neowin for another thread, but he was too lazy like me. One more wont hurt, will it?

One thing you will appreciate is the built in download manager. If your connection dies or some other dailup mishap occurs, firefox will save the progress of your download and you can resume it later when you have reconnected to the net.

i don't think you should switch but try firefox , use them both , i noticed that firefox is soo simple and it has a crappy download manager

Just for security reasons, you shouldn't use IE for anything but windows update. I find that the Gecko engine (Firefox, Mozilla, Thunderbird) renders pages way faster than the explorer engine (IE) even with a super fat connection.

Firefox has many features I find desirable, but both browsers have this awesome feature!! It's the ability for a user to use the SEARCH function on Neowin so this threads don't have to keep popping up asking the same things every week!!