Firefox Or IE?

Firefox Or IE?  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Firefox Or IE?

• Internet Explorer
    • Firefox

i don't think you should switch but try firefox , use them both , i noticed that firefox is soo simple and it has a crappy download manager

at least it has a download manager:P and u can pause and resume downloads

edit: Firefox, hands down.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess in two years from now I'll go into the forums and the first thread will still be "IE or FireFox". Stop the spam!!!

Internet Explorer opens quicker (obviously because it's intergrated into the Windows engine) but Firefox definetely renders pages quicker on my AMD Athlon XP 2700+, 1024 MB PC2700 DDR-RAM machine.

As a webdeveloper I like All browsers but Opera.... I HATE it. They don't think about us (dev.s) so, I think I'll create an alliance ("don't get opera"). Anybody knows if there is one already?

how lame is this?

why *exactly* do you hate opera?

they don't think about web deveopers? then why do they give you all these options like user and alternate style sheets, easy disabling of various things for testing, etc.? why do they have web deveoper documentation all over the place like http://my.opera.com/community/dev/ ?

Yer, i have that ticked as my default one, but it still comes up in IE

Right off the top of my head, I don't know of a fix, but I'm willing to be it has something to do with M$N and Idiot's Excrement both being part of the Evil Empire, M$.

I have become displeased with the Mozilla foundation as of lately. The developers have become quite egotistical and are constantly bashing alternative web browsers, Internet Explorer in particular. These questionable business practices leave a sour taste in my mouth, and this may become the deciding factor since both Opera and Internet Explorer (with a front-end such as Avant) are capable enough to suit my needs. I will mostly likely revert back to Internet Explorer once they addresses a few security issues and update their standards.

I am thankful that the original IE team has returned. (Y)

I'm rather displeased at Microsoft's recoding of Hotmail links specifically to disable tabbed browsing of e-mail.

I'm also irked by the fact that MSN Messenger's e-mail links will only open IE, regardless of what the default browser is, and there is no way of changing that behavior.

IE deserves all the bashing it gets, especially since it lets all sorts of crap find its way onto machines owned by new or less knowledgable computer users. This effect eventually filters down and has detrimental results on the rest of the computing world, which has to deal with increased spam, more adware, spyware, fraud, identity theft, etc.

I'm not too fond of Microsoft's hardhanded methods of gaining dominance in the browser world (total integration with the file system of their OS, not letting people have a choice in who's browser opens up links in MSN Messenger, changing the coding of links on Hotmail, changing the coding of their website so that it breaks Opera, etc), so if Firefox developers want to badmouth IE, how does that make them bad people?

i m using both

i think two of them has their own function and quality, some website if i use firefox to visit which absoulately crap. and my internet banking website are not allow me to use firefox to login.

firefox is a little bit faster than IE while visiting on the internet.

My Overall is

Both are good :p

firfox is just like a colored man like me ..................& they say , once you go black, you dont go back .

gotcha dude , so get your fox .