361 members have voted

1. 1. Firefox Or IE?

• Internet Explorer
    • Firefox

Hmm...

IE

• Security issues
  • Crashes all too often
  • Tied to Explorer.exe, which means that if something happens to IE, your computer is screwed... usually
  • No Plugins
  • SLOW

FireFox

• Very Secure
  • Hardly crashes - although it is pre-1.0 status
  • Independent - so if it does crash your computer is OK
  • Lost of Extensions - Mouse Gestures, Ad Blocker, Pop-Up blocker, Tab Browsing, & many more
  • Very nice source viewer \ Finder - Highlight what you want to see the source on and it highlights that part of the sorce... no searching
  • Download manager - needs work, but its decent
  • FAST

What say you?

The nature of this website is swayed towards the alternatives. go ask a load of non techies which is the best browser, and they probably don't even know what they use.

Thanks everyone, sorry about people getting annoyed by the endless threads. I am about to download Firefox on my amazing 56k modem. I will tell you my opinion later.

Cheers

I have it, im not sure about the current skin, can anyone recommed a cool one. Plus, when i check my hotmail emails through msn, IE comes up and not Firefox. Can anyone help?

Firefox all the way! (Y)

I rank web browsers like this:

1. Mozilla Firefox.

2. Safari.

3. Camino.

4. Opera.

5. Mozilla.

999. Internet Explorer.

I have it, im not sure about the current skin, can anyone recommed a cool one. Plus, when i check my hotmail emails through msn, IE comes up and not Firefox. Can anyone help?

Set it as the default browser.

Please could you help me with that? not sure how to do that....me a n00b

Should be in your tools/options/prefs somewhere. Not sure as I don't use FF. It should've asked you if you wanted to make it the default browser the first time you opened it, if it was anygood.

I use firefox for everything except my company webmail, which has a disabled send box on anything but ie (not OWA, either). For those times I need to use ie, i run myie2 to get tabs and a few things.

firefox is great though, my bank and other things like that all work great with it.

Firefox for sure.

About the msn thingy, microsoft coded it that IE shows up with it only no matter if its your default browser or not. You need to change some registry settings for that. I saw it here a while ago. Search neowin.

One thing you will appreciate is the built in download manager. If your connection dies or some other dailup mishap occurs, firefox will save the progress of your download and you can resume it later when you have reconnected to the net.

IE should adopt this feature somehow.. :whistle:

Iv been sayin for a long time that its needed a feature like that and never did see it.

I'm totally converted.

Haven't touched IE in about a month.. and I actually get p***ed off when other apps just assume to call IE as the default browser! Stop it!!

Firefox is definately the best, on it now, what are u on about with a crapp download manager... i dont think u can pause and resume dl with IE 6