AutoStreamer Released! (v 1.0.29)

Help me!

I've run Slipstreammer and it works well until I get to the point after it extracts SP2.

Basically I have a directory ....\Desktop\SimpleSlipper\SimpleSlipper with an "\xp\i386\" directory and an "\sp2" directory. Afer it extracts SP2 update.exe crashes. EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!

I am running using Windows 2000 SP4. I was using it until XP SP2. I've had similar problems doing a normal slipstream of XP. Does SP2 not run properly in "extract" mode under Win2k? Seems like poor quality control on MS's part to me!

There's at least one other person too (first hit on Google) ... and its not me:

http://www.google.com/search?q=update.exe+...=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I've checked the MD5 from the SP2 file which I downloaded from MS. Its the right one. ( 59a98f181fe383907e520a391d75b5a7 )

----

edit: ok, I should have stuck this in the Simpleslipper thread (wasn't paying attention TOO much was I!!!) but I've ALSO tried Autostreamer and SP2 process also crashes. Basically, the ISO still is created but the files are all dated 2001 in the i386 directory and not 2004.

Edited by DrunkenMaster

I extracted Autostreamer into it's own folder. Then it would recognize my XP CD in the D drive. Clicked on the exe in Winzip. Pointed it to the SR2 exe that I downloaded and it worked. I used EZCD to burn the ISO.

Haven't seen any instructions for EZCD in this thread. Clicked on the XPSP2.iso and EZCD opened then I burned it using Disk at Once. What a site to behold! Popped the CD in and Windows XP came up. :woot:

I used a retail XP Pro without SP1.

Don't run it from your desktop! It will produce errors! Try again in a "real" folder and let us know what happens.

It doesn't matter. I ran it from a my d:\ drive for instance and it still crashes.

I'm not wasting any more time on this. I'm reinstalling, XP and going to install SP2 from there.

This is the 1st service pack I've wasted one hour or more trying to Slipstream. Great job MS! :angry:

Whats the big deal about not using a XP SP1a CD? The end product is the same as using Gold CD. I don't remember anyone from Microsoft saying that the slipstream would be more accurate using a Gold disc.

So, no fix for the Runtime Error Code 5 thing? :unsure:

From where are you running AutoStreamer?

I happened to have the same error message when I was running the app from the desktop, I moved the folder to a different drive and I didnt get it anymore. Try that.

hmm, i must've done something wrong. created the iso and it finished fine. just burned a normal iso in nero, and when i load the cd, the cd window just pops up showing me the contents, namely, an .iso file.

I'm sure he will refund you the money you spent on it. :angry:

Hey now... for your first post that ain't cool.

I'm just saying that if you release a new program you shouldn't do it before you leave. Even if its free, it would have been better to wait till after you come back, that way you can be quick to fix!

I have the same problem here... :cry:

I Have the Windows XP (SP1 inclued) - Portuguese (Portugal) Version and the magnifying glass don't work! :cry:

Same problem for me to !! with french xp and sp1.

Program runs OK, well in about 2 mins, and creates a 1.5mb iso file, what am I doing wrong?

Info - Running from Apps folder, saving image to C:, slipstreaming a corporate SP1 disk.

Hi, I have created an XPSTREAMED.ISO file on my 'C' drive of 594MB, (XP Pro + SP2) I have burned this to CD using Nero however the CD does not appear to be bootable. (I have tried booting from the disc with the BIOS set to 1 "Boot from CD-ROM"

What should I have done to make this disc a bootable CD?

Thanks.

Thingmajig

Whats the big deal about not using a XP SP1a CD? The end product is the same as using Gold CD. I don't remember anyone from Microsoft saying that the slipstream would be more accurate using a Gold disc.

You're right. the installed product is identical. However, slipstreaming SP2 from a non-SP1 disc results in an image that's around 15MB smaller than doing it from an SP1 disc. So while the actual end result is going to be the same, obviously the slipstreamed SP1 to SP2 disc has a few useless files left in it.

this thing is buggy, it identifies my SP2 file as build 2180, yet it is (Pre-SP2)? i am 120% sure that it is the RTM version, it is the final build 2180, so how the heck can it be Pre-SP2???

Hi, I have created an XPSTREAMED.ISO file on my 'C' drive of 594MB, (XP Pro + SP2) I have burned this to CD using Nero however the CD does not appear to be bootable.

I've experienced this BUG aswell. So I just slipstreamed the old fashion way with commands and dealing with boot loaders. & that sorted me out. So wen Raptor comes back hopefully he can update it and squash a few bugs ;)

Brgs

@ Thing ---> What is listed on the CD you created? Many folders and files or just the ???.iso file? Did you burn it as an ISO image?

Also people really need to start reading this thread before posting. This "so called" bug that lists the RTM of SP2 is caused because this program was released about a month before SP2 was. We didn't know what the final version # would be so of course it will still list it as a "Pre-SP2." I'm sorry but this has been brought up at least 4 times and it's starting to get old. BEFORE POSTING, please read the thread.....most likely an answer may have been given to your question. I can't wait for Raptor to get back from vacation.

Not to steal anyone's thunder or anything, but XPCREATE is by far the best thing I've found for slipstreaming. It not only will slipstream the service pack but all the updates too, so you can continue to maintain an up to date bootable Windows XP installation CD even after the waves of critical updates to SP2 come out later. This thing is a breeze to use and really takes all the effort out of slipstreaming.

In fact, I noticed that during the creation of the SP2 slipstreamed iso, it also grabbed 3 or 4 subsequent updates that have already been determined since SP2 went gold.

http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/XPCREATE/quickstart.htm

Once you download the software, follow the steps on this page. When you edit the xpcreate.ini file - keep in mind that there is a link on the above webpage that describes all the ini file settings, keep it open while you work through the ini file - it's easy. Don't worry about step 5 unless you really want to get fancy (and some of you will :)

The only issue I had, and this was my own dumb fault, was in the ini file, there's two places where a drive letter is required. I put a colon after the letter originally, and it don't like that. For example, instead of "F:" you should use just "F" (without the quotes). Also, if you only have one CD drive, just use the included file "CDBURN" to burn the iso to the drive once it's done. Piece of cake.

Now that SP2 is out, this will create a bootable XP SP2 installation CD very automatically. No commercial software required. Nice!

Not the best way to make your first post man :no:

I just created my first AutoStreamer ISO and i'm using it to format/install XP SP2 on my laptop! It's working great so far!!! Great work :D

Not the best way to make your first post man

I know, I really apologize. I linked directly into the thread from somewhere else and thought it was a general slipstreaming forum. I didn't read close enough that it was specific to the autopatcher software. Would you mind erasing my quoted text from your message. I'm sure the autopatcher is great product, and it's not appropriate to post what I did. Sorry again!

Anyone reading this later, I mentioned a competing (actually also freeware) product that is similar. I in no way meant to belittle the autopatcher product in any way. Since I haven't used it, it's probably better than the one I mentioned.

Now I'm going to shut up before I dig my hole any deeper...... :(