AutoStreamer Released! (v 1.0.29)

Someone help me please what am I doing wrong I have used Autostreamer to make the ISO and saved it but when I burn it with Nero 6 Ultra Edition it won't work just opens up another folder with the same ISO in it. It should bring up the blue windows xp screen. What I did was just click file then new and created cd ISO should I be doing something else?

You should click File, then Burn Image, select the ISO file and then burn. What you've done is created a data CD, and not an ISO disc.

You should click File, then Burn Image, select the ISO file and then burn. What you've done is created a data CD, and not an ISO disc.

Ok File then burn image thanks I'll give it a try and reply back

Please, anyone knows where can I download that visual style theme that nw_raptor is using (See his first post with screenshots)... please, any info would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks in advance ! :alien:

For those who weren't able to slipstream sp2 with autostreamer, I like to report that I was sucessful in intergrating it into WindowsXP Professional without a hitch. The only thing AutoStreamer tells me is that I'm using Pre SP2 which I know is RTM.

Tried it several times and got a Run-Tme error '76' Path not found error

I then copied the whole content of my Win XP pro SP1 cd to a dir on my HD and used the 'I want to specify my own local Windows share' option of AutoStreamer..

Worked like a charm!

Thx a million

I've got error RUNTIME ERROR 70, Permission Denied

when everything finished. I've got ISO file, but I'm not sure is everything OK now...

Permission for what ? :blink:

Got the error like everyone else. But if you close and restart it doesnt come back. Also, it identifies the SP2 as Pre SP2, but the build number is right. Should I worry about that?

This is a great app indeed! :D

It went smooth for me, no problems encountered, now I'm just at the step of burning the ISO using Nero... Dont know how to burn it though, would I choose the Write Method as Track-at-once or Disc-at-once ??

or does it not matter ??

This is a great app indeed! :D

It went smooth for me, no problems encountered, now I'm just at the step of burning the ISO using Nero... Dont know how to burn it though, would I choose the Write Method as Track-at-once or Disc-at-once ??

or does it not matter ??

Easiest way is to fire up Nero Express and select "Disc image or saved project" Browse to the loaction of the ISO image. You will need to change the image type to plain "image files" in order for the iso file to show up on the file selection screen. After that, just simply make sure the destination drive is set to your burner and let the bitch go! :D

Got the error like everyone else. But if you close and restart it doesnt come back. Also, it identifies the SP2 as Pre SP2, but the build number is right. Should I worry about that?

For those of you wondering WHY it has a PRE-SP2 Identifier.. here is the logic behind it:

The File itself is a Pre-SP2 Patch, which means it gets installed on OS's Prior to SP2. You wouldn't be going to install The Final SP2 on a os already with the Final SP2 hence Pre-SP2. ;)

So this means its Pre-SP2 that can be installed on a GOLD XP or a XP with SP1 already installed.

I think this about CLEARS this up on why it says Pre-SP2.

Autostreamer is doing the correct thing its not a bug. (Y)

-xStainDx

Did we forget one major thing????

THe ability to add in my winnt.sif file for my automated setup! It would be nice to have the ability to add this in!

Just a suggestion good work!

Could be; it did spit out a bad ISO though so I dont know if its my XP CD or the SP2 file.. gonna try manually to found out and will report back :)

worked fine for me... no probs.. it boots also.. one thing i was worried bout...

I just tried both the AutoStreamer and the built in sp2 slipstreamer with both VOL and Retail releases and i have ended up with different file size results.

XP PRO VOL (Autostreamer) 609,832,960

XP PRO VOL (built in) 613,685,248

XP PRO RETAIL (Autostreamer) 609,832,960

XP PRO RETAIL (built in) 613,697,536

What would the differences be?

Cj

AutoStreamer worked fine for me... I think I got the runtime error, when I tried to select the browse folder for source OS, instead of just letting it auto detect!!

No probs whatsover, all went well, and installed flawlessly!!

Got the Install cd down to 430mb, by jsut removing some of the unnecessary folders, like Lang, Support, Docs, and the Win... update folders

Maybe this option could be added???

GREAT WORK!!

THANKS!! THANKS!! THANKS!! Works beautifully.

No error messages!! Made 2 XP SP2 disks. Installed and booted PERFECTLY!!

Didn't even have to install my Intel or ATI drivers as they were included in SP2!! Security Centre works perfect with Bit Defender also.

Whoever made this THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH!!!

Dave

HAS ANYONE got a screen capture of the (about) screen in (system)? Dose it show XP as SPR2 or RTM-SPR2? Would like to see one before installing the SPR2 release............ ALSO to the Person or Persons who wrote (AutoStreamer), I can only say Thank You. This has to the #1 program everyone is looking for. WHAT else is there to say, except Thank you again!! Well done!!

Edited by Old Timer

Hopefully when Raptor gets back he can fix the error, and maybe throw in options for the unattended community to slip in custom winnt.sif files and maybe even $OEM$ programs folders and Autopatcher!! Wishful thinking :D