AutoStreamer Released! (v 1.0.29)

plz see my service pack file

Build 5.1.2600.2180(pre-sp2)

for your info md5 of my sp2 is 59a98f181fe383907e520a391d75b5a7

but i'm wondering why it's showing pre-sp2

plz help me

untitled.JPG

There are threads all over the place that describe this very issue, but this thread goes back to July where Raptor, who created Autostreamer, stated the likelihood of this.

When he gets back from vacation he will no doubt fix this. It misreports it, but the slip works fine.

I belive it was developed in XP, but I don't recall Raptor telling me that it had to be run from XP. I really wish he would get back from vacation soon. There are so many little issues that I cannot answer because he didn't give me all that information while we were developing it. I'm glad he gave it the capability of slipstreaming 2000, XP, and 2k3...but your question still bothers me (not to mention the runtime errors other have reported).

I mentioned this a few pages back, here.

If you slip SP2 outside of Autostreamer using update.exe you get the error message shown below. As of today, I have yet to find a fix for it, although it is not an AS issue; must be a Microsoft thing.

Have to do it in XP...

post-89-1092367638.jpg

Ok like many b/4 have said this is a great utility. BUT, I am having a slight problem that when I try to create the .iso file it is only creating a file that is like 1.31Mb. Definantly not a good .iso file for this. I have tried multiple times. I am using an XP Sp1 CD for the source and the Sp2 file that I downloaded from the M$ webstie. Any suggestions or hints on this. On the first screen all of the information is coming up as many other have shown with their screenshots but for some reason it just won't make a proper .iso for me.

NOTE TO ALL: If your Dell CD fails to slipstream it's not because it's a restore CD, it just has some hotfixes slipstreamed in a funky way and it needs to be cleaned up. ...

And how does one go about doing this?

Has anyone come up with a fix/workaround for the run-time 5 error?

I'm still wanting to know the same thing -- I think it's related to the point I quoted above.

I'm still wanting to know the same thing -- I think it's related to the point I quoted above.

Got the most recent Dell OEM CD I could find (July 2003). In the I386 directory do the following:

1. Delete the directory "SVCPACK" or "UPDATE"

2. Delete the file "SVCPACK.INF"

3. Delete all files named "Q??????.EXE"

4. Delete the following lines in "DOSNET.INF":

[OptionalSrcDirs]svcpack

Now you should be able to slipstream it

When I click next for the first time I get this error

Run-Time error '429':

ActiveX compentent cannot create object

I also can't get past the first screen... Press "Next" and the same error message appears.

I am logged on as Administrator with FULL read/write permissions.

I am not missing the msvbvm60.dll. In fact running "FileMon" shows that AutoStreamer is finding everything it needs.

I have tried re-booting and closing down all my background apps.

There seems to be at least four of us now (maybe more) with the same problem.

Any advice would be welcomed. :huh:

Running WinXP Corp. SP-1 with all Microsoft Updates.

is developer support for this already dead? you'd think with the excitement and amount of feedback its getting, it would be getting alot of attention for further development and fixes, but it seems to have stagnated already

is developer support for this already dead? you'd think with the excitement and amount of feedback its getting, it would be getting alot of attention for further development and fixes, but it seems to have stagnated already

Raptor is away on vacation. He will be get back on the bug issues and updates when he returns

When you get your Error 5, are you running AS from your desktop?? I've seen a few people with this error and it was fixed by running it from a "real" folder on their system. I'm hoping this is what is causing error 5, hopefully I can help figure out the others also.

I installed Autostreamer, placed my WinXP Pro Dell OEM CD (pre SP1) in the drive, and Autostreamer halts wuth the following fatal error, any way to fix this? Thanks.

post-89-1092689705.jpg