• Firefox

i prefer firefox.. my reasons:

- more secure - no activeX

- included popup blocker

- tabbed browsing

- jump to links on the page just by typing a few letters of it

- bookmarks saving window

- the qute theme :)

I dont know why you have to ask for other people's opinion. The most you are going to get is Firefox is faster or IE is faster (no conclusive test), if not the only thing you would hear Firefox has besides IE is tab browsing, which then brings Opera into the fight.

Thus creating an never ending pointless fight.

Just use what you feel is better.. and use it. If you don't like it... forget bout it. Simple as that.

The tabs feature lets you open several pages in one instance of the program.

Every browser out there does that too. It's a fallacy to associate taskbar buttons with program instances.

i prefer firefox.. my reasons:

- more secure - no activeX

- included popup blocker

- tabbed browsing

- jump to links on the page just by typing a few letters of it

- bookmarks saving window

- the qute theme :)

- more secure is just temporarily since the usage is still low, hackers would still target IE. Firefox XPI i would say might be a security threat like activeX, who knows... no detail research was done yet.

- IE sp2 going to have Popup blocker. One more thing to add, the popup blocker feature is being copied by Firefox in the nightly builds. You could see what i mean if you have it. (A highlighted area, yellow bar below the address area, letting you choose what actions to take)

- tabbed browsing, not everyone needs it. Some still like the single window mode. If they did want it, myIE2 and Avant Browser, Netcaptor is a good choice.

- not really everyone uses that.

- I would say IE does a better job in managing bookmarks.

- that is just a theme. Changable in IE as well.

It seems that I am a pro IE. No actually, i use Firefox as my primary browser. Why i like it? No particular reason, i just like it.

Difference is that with Firefox, even after it gains more popularity and hackers find exploits, their strong open source team will quickly release a fix within a day most likely. How long for IE.. probably a matter of weeks to months.

The tabs feature lets you open several pages in one instance of the program.

Msnexplorer does this except on the side and not at the top. it (MSNIE) seems to resemble longhorn.

I don't know if I used this Poll Correctly but anyway,

I downloaded Firefox and have been using it. I see that it is a little slower, but the graphics show about the same.

I just wanted some opinions on it.

Thanks.

(if there has already been a poll, I aplolgize for this in advance.)

There are several tweaks and things that greatly speed up Firefox. Don't let that be the reason that you dislike it. And once you load it into memory once, it fires up windows just as fast as IE.

There are several tweaks and things that greatly speed up Firefox. Don't let that be the reason that you dislike it. And once you load it into memory once, it fires up windows just as fast as IE.

i didn't mean to say that I disliked it I was just stating that it seemed slower...and yes that is an unfair generalization because I haven't used it that long. I am sure there are ways to make it faster but I am so stuck in MS that it is hard to try new things. Learning new things takes time and i should make the time to do it. On the other hand, I was one of the lucky few (thousand :woot: ) to get novell's offer for susie linux and i am going to make time to learn that and use it as well...side by side with my xp...i just want to feel more secure. :unsure:

i didn't mean to say that I disliked it I was just stating that it seemed slower...and yes that is an unfair generalization because I haven't used it that long. I am sure there are ways to make it faster but I am so stuck in MS that it is hard to try new things. Learning new things takes time and i should make the time to do it. On the other hand, I was one of the lucky few (thousand :woot: ) to get novell's offer for susie linux and i am going to make time to learn that and use it as well...side by side with my xp...i just want to feel more secure. :unsure:

I dont know... what is there to learn? Even without the tweaks and optimisation, i do see Firefox performing better than IE. (Not every cases, certain).

Shortcut keys, naming and configurations are developed similar to IE. Converting from IE to Firefox is much less painful than converting to Opera.

what about the tabbed browsing?

can't you do that with IE by creating a links folder? putting the links in it and putting on IE? :blink:

Why would I want to that, that requires extra work ... :p

Every browser out there does that too. It's a fallacy to associate taskbar buttons with program instances.

True, but it's really helpful to have tabs .

IE doesn't offer tabs, otherwise I would stick with it.

True, but it's really helpful to have tabs .

IE doesn't offer tabs, otherwise I would stick with it.

so it boils down to Tabs? :unsure:

The main reason i don't use IE it's because it's too widely used, so much more open to security holes.

I never had a single virus in years with IE, but sometimes my friends computers are full of them.

So I guess there's a "way" to surf the web and to use your computer.

/me thinks so . :rolleyes:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo i betrayed by browser by accidently voting IE  :cry:  :cry:

owned.jpg

Best laugh I had this morning, my vote goes towards Mozilla Firefox. (Y)

i don't understand what's so great about firefox, i know that thunderbird is terribble.

I'm not that fussed about Firefox, I still prefer Opera, but Thunderbird whips Outlook and Outlook Express in every way I can think of. It's soooo much better.

firefox sucks mainly for 1 reason. lack of activex.

Many (including myself) see that as an advantage :)

The only site that I've ever come across in a year of using firefox that requires activex has been Windows update.