FireFox Vs Internet Explorer

Is Firefox Better than IE?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Is Firefox Better than IE?

• Internet Explorer
    • Firefox

Many (including myself) see that as an advantage :)

The only site that I've ever come across in a year of using firefox that requires activex has been Windows update.

i went to play some games at PopCap Games and the games kept telling me to let active x load. I was using Firefox at the time and thier wasnt any ext I could think of for it to work. I know the Java is supposed to start but it didn't and still won't.

Maybe a bug with my Computer.

i used to think IE but i didnt know anything better , then i had ppl telling me how good firefox is so i checked it out and liked it and never looked back

right now, you really can't compare them... i guess Firefox will be better than IE when it reaches version 1.0... Right now there are several little things which just don't work...

Don't like the Fox. I always find my way back to my original love, Internet Explorer. You never forget your first love and in this case I'm sticking with her :p

But what if your first love was sleeping around on you and kept sleeping with you too? You might get some nasty STD from her bad habits... Viruses are bad...

You never forget your first love and in this case I'm sticking with her

In my case that would be Netscape 1.0 and since I'm using Firefox, which was started by Netscape (in a way) I do too :p

i voted for IE. I've been there and done that with Firefox (or Firebird to be accurate) but didn't like it for tons of reasons... I'll name a few.

1. pathetic bookmark management. It doesn't even come close to what IE offers.

2. extremely slow startup time on first launch. I know I know, once I launch firefox, all new web pages will load as fast or faster than IE. But I don't like leaving browser windows open just for the sake of opening web pages faster. From a fresh boot, IE loads faster than Opera or Firefox.

3. irritating download manager. IE's is so clean and simple. And IE integrates FlashGet easily.

4. lack of ActiveX support. The sites I frequent need activeX to work.

5. tabbed browsing. For someone who has been using IE since 97, I'm so used to using Alt-Tab to change windows. And everytime I close a window I close it at the 'X' or right-click on the taskbar icon and close it from there. I know tabbed browsing is disabled by default in Firefox, but then (as

Not quite sure how the bookmark management is "pathetic" in FX, how is IE's superior?

IE has a better download manager? It doesn't have one, just a progress dialog, and flashget can integrate into FX just as well as IE. I'll give ya ActiveX and tabbed broswing is just a preference thing.

i voted for IE. I've been there and done that with Firefox (or Firebird to be accurate) but didn't like it for tons of reasons... I'll name a few.

2. extremely slow startup time on first launch. I know I know, once I launch firefox, all new web pages will load as fast or faster than IE. But I don't like leaving browser windows open just for the sake of opening web pages faster. From a fresh boot, IE loads faster than Opera or Firefox.

3. irritating download manager. IE's is so clean and simple. And IE integrates FlashGet easily.

5. tabbed browsing. For someone who has been using IE since 97, I'm so used to using Alt-Tab to change windows. And everytime I close a window I close it at the 'X' or right-click on the taskbar icon and close it from there. I know tabbed browsing is disabled by default in Firefox, but then (as

I pity your ignorance :rolleyes:

Couldn't have said it better myself. :D Im putting my vote in for IE.