Your Mac Hardware Setup

I noticed a lot of people are using the Magic Mouse on any old surface. I've tried every table/desk in my house, and the darn thing scratches like crazy and makes a lot of noise. I was forced to pull out a ratty old mouse pad to keep things quiet. Does anyone know any tricks?

Wow, 12" PowerBook. :D I remember mine.

Yeah, those were so ace back in the day, everything crammed into a fat little package.

Bluetooth, 802.11G, it was stellar back in 2005. I had mine for about 2 years and then sold it to a guy at work for $800.00, it's still going strong to this day.

I noticed a lot of people are using the Magic Mouse on any old surface. I've tried every table/desk in my house, and the darn thing scratches like crazy and makes a lot of noise. I was forced to pull out a ratty old mouse pad to keep things quiet. Does anyone know any tricks?

Something like this? http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/p...?productid=8094

post-65223-1261676322.jpg

my early christmas present for me, got it on the 15th (i wouldve waited but i couldnt, because i needed a new laptop now).

post-65223-1261676335.jpg

and because we get presents on christmas eve in germany - here we go with my magic mouse i got from my girl. =)

merry christmas, everyone!

and because we get presents on christmas eve in germany - here we go with my magic mouse i got from my girl. =)

merry christmas, everyone!

Oh, another fellow German. I pass by Bielefeld on the train, every time I go to Berlin. I live in D?sseldorf now.

Oh, another fellow German. I pass by Bielefeld on the train, every time I go to Berlin. I live in D?sseldorf now.

then you pass by bad oeynhausen aswell. i just didnt think it made any sense to put bad oeynhausen as my hometown since even germany only know it for its A30. :p

my wife lives in cologne, gotta love the rheinland. =)

Yet you plugged it into a 8$ power strip....

Never really had issues with power surges or anything... never really thought about it. Any suggestions?

Never really had issues with power surges or anything... never really thought about it. Any suggestions?
mine is plugged in directly in the wall :blush:

Then you're asking for trouble. Yeah, I do have a suggestion. Get something with surge protection in it. They aren't expensive, and will save you a bomb if you do get hit by a power surge.

Then you're asking for trouble. Yeah, I do have a suggestion. Get something with surge protection in it. They aren't expensive, and will save you a bomb if you do get hit by a power surge.

The problem is that it looks messy, mine is in the living room and having it plugged directly in the outlet is the only way I'll have it....I might look into getting an outlet with a power surge built in

Compare the images... I like the current one better.

One's from a year ago, and the other's current. Went from two desktops, (one regular and one home server) 3 laptops (to be fair...still have them, just orginzied better. I have a "living room" laptop and one that runs my media streaming in my bedroom) and my macbook.

Just got the 27" imac, which has all the screen real estate I need (well... almost... i'd like to get my mini-av to dvi converter to output to what's currently the homeserver's screen for full-screen video) and the imac(which is usually booted into windows to be fair...). Not pictured is my work/gaming sony laptop that makes this whole thing click...but it's a desktop-replacement and can't really be brought out unless i'm in the mood to give up a large chunk of desk space to it. Part of the annoyance, I suppose.

post-216446-1263961913_thumb.jpg

post-216446-1263961997.jpg

WEYLAND

802.11n Airport Extreme Base Station / Firmware 7.4.2

YUTANI

802.11g Airport Express Receiver / Firmware 6.3

FURY161

802.11g Airport Extreme Base Station / Firmware 5.7

NOSTROMO

Mac Mini 2.0 GHz / Mac OS X Client 10.6.2

(main computer)

SULACO

Apple MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz / Mac OS X Client 10.6.2

(main laptop)

RIPLEY

Apple iPhone 3G / Firmware Revision 3.1.2

(phone)

APONE

PowerMac G4 400 MHz / Mac OS X Server 10..4.11

(server down in the garage, part of a setup of 3 to test XGrid and various other apps)

FERRO

(server down in the garage, part of a setup of 3 to test XGrid and various other apps)

SPUNKMEYER

BISHOP

PowerMac G4 800 MHz / Mac OS X Server 10.5.8

(server down in the garage, used for FTP, VPN and other web stuff)

GORMAN

Mac Mini 1.66 GHz / Mac OS X Client 10.6.2

(home theater)

ASH

AppleTV / Firmware 3.0.1

(bedroom AppleTV)

...oh, and I think I have a couple PCs in there somewhere....

One's from a year ago, and the other's current. Went from two desktops, (one regular and one home server) 3 laptops (to be fair...still have them, just orginzied better. I have a "living room" laptop and one that runs my media streaming in my bedroom) and my macbook.

Just got the 27" imac, which has all the screen real estate I need (well... almost... i'd like to get my mini-av to dvi converter to output to what's currently the homeserver's screen for full-screen video) and the imac(which is usually booted into windows to be fair...). Not pictured is my work/gaming sony laptop that makes this whole thing click...but it's a desktop-replacement and can't really be brought out unless i'm in the mood to give up a large chunk of desk space to it. Part of the annoyance, I suppose.

Nice TTGL wall scroll (Y)

Radish?

Very nice