Your Mac Hardware Setup

How do you pick up a 27" Core i7 iMac w/ 8GB of RAM?

Doesn't Apple have to customize the machine themselves resulting in a delivery?

How do you pick up a 27" Core i7 iMac w/ 8GB of RAM?

Doesn't Apple have to customize the machine themselves resulting in a delivery?

Well, I don't think US Apple Stores actually carry the Core i7 iMacs in stock yet. However, if you ask, an Apple Store will configure your machine with 8GB of RAM for you. You just have to wait a little bit longer while they do it.

• 4 months later...

7468af2470.JPG

• Unibody MacBook 2.4 GHz
  • 32 GB iPad that functions as a secondary display when I'm not using apps
  • 24" Acer LCD for Xbox 360
  • 19" Hanns-G LCD for Xbox 360 #2

• 2 weeks later...

Compare the images... I like the current one better.

One's from a year ago, and the other's current. Went from two desktops, (one regular and one home server) 3 laptops (to be fair...still have them, just orginzied better. I have a "living room" laptop and one that runs my media streaming in my bedroom) and my macbook.

Just got the 27" imac, which has all the screen real estate I need (well... almost... i'd like to get my mini-av to dvi converter to output to what's currently the homeserver's screen for full-screen video) and the imac(which is usually booted into windows to be fair...). Not pictured is my work/gaming sony laptop that makes this whole thing click...but it's a desktop-replacement and can't really be brought out unless i'm in the mood to give up a large chunk of desk space to it. Part of the annoyance, I suppose.

Loving those Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann walls scrolls! (Y)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it not inconvenient to take it out, turn it on, close it, turn the monitor back on, etc. ?

I recently found out a less inconvenient way to boot in clamshell mode. With your MBP turned off, connect mouse, keyboard and screen; open the lid, press ON then close the lid. You should see the grey apple on the connected screen.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I ask what that blue thing is right next to your iPod dock?

Griffin PowerMate.

What model of speakers are those?

Altec Lansing FX6021. I don't think they're being actively produced anymore these days. The last time I saw them in a story anywhere (online / streets) was well over two years ago.

Griffin Powermate is an awesome piece of kit. Shame they have risen in price so much since they stopped making them.

They're still on sale almost everywhere here in Amsterdam. :) It was a birthday gift, can't say I use it that much... :/