The new 20gb iPod

I love how apple shows a blue backlight on thier website and when you get the real ipod it's a white color backlight.. :pinch:

That's due to the lighting and camera, the actual backlight is not blue in that iPod, or any.

Now for some battery tests...

my friend's ipod has the blue backlight and i think it's so much nicer than the white one... and a lot easier on the eyes :(

i hope my 40 gig one has a blue backlight but i doubt it :(

I've had 2 different iPods..both 3G 20gigs...one had a light blue tint to it and the one im using now is kind of blue/purpleish....

I miss my light blue one :/

There are two different backlight colors :

http://www.spymac.com/upload/gallery/f_1/u...pload_62682.JPG

I don't think it has anything to do with the lighting.

what's the deal on that?

how come there are two?

i just got my 3g last week (bad timing i know..but i prefer non-moveable parts on my ipod..i like the 'touch' interface of the 3g)

and it looks like i have the rather bluish tint on my backlight...

Too bad the scroll wheel buttons are not lit, also did you try putting the 4G iPod into the 3G dock?

I haven't done that yet because I sold my dock with my 3g, but maybe I'll head over to the apple store again tonight and show it off, err I mean, try it in a dock there. Im guessing it'll work, it just won't be as good of a fit as the 3g. Also, I noticed that the firewire cable fits more snug in the dock port on the bottom.

something tells me the backlight on the ipods will differ again like with the 3rd gen ipods

initial batches of ipods are usually iffy purchases for me

I think i'll wait a couple of weeks before i get one

There are two different backlight colors :

I don't think it has anything to do with the lighting.

Ron21, you need to edit your picture down a size or two, preferrably 800x600. At this size your totally killing the table.

Ron21, you need to edit your picture down a size or two, preferrably 800x600.  At this size your totally killing the table.

Just remove the pic and make a link to it :rolleyes:

I cant edit that post.. :huh:

My case is probably different than anyone on this board. My main transportation is a 1500cc Honda GoldWing motorcycle. With the touch buttons on my 30GB iPod I have to take off my glove, find and push the correct touch sensitive button (yeh right - sarcasm) and then manage to get my glove back on. With the 4G iPod having buttons I can push even with gloves on will be a BIG improvement for me. As for my current 3G iPod. My wife is getting that.

Now if only the Griffen iTrip had a way to connect my iPod remote to the top of the iTrip ...

As for no back light on the wheel and buttons. Since you will now be able to -feel- the buttons you won't need back lighting. I call this better ergonomics.

Hummm i was all up for selling my current ipod for this, but to be honest i dont like it...as much....it doesnt seem as sleek and refined, but it might look sweet in person...the only thing which makes me want it is the 12hour battery