ilovebees.com speculation here

at the end of the latest halo2 trailer, the xbox.com url flashes breifly to ilovebees.com. On that site however, there is a weird message. Theres been alot of talk about this over at HBO and the bungie.net forums, so... if you got anything to say, post it here.

WHOIS information for ilovebees.com:

[whois.namesdirect.com]The data contained in the WHOIS database, while

believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is",

with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy.  This

information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you

in obtaining information about domain name registration records.

Any use of this data for any other purpose, including, but not

limited to, allowing or making possible dissemination or

collection of this data in part or in its entirety for any

purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and

solicitations, is expressly forbidden without the prior written

permission of this company. By submitting an inquiry, you agree

to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty.

Please limit your queries to 10 per minute and one connection.

Registrant:

Margaret's House of Bees

Margaret's House of Bees

2370 Market Street #510

San Francisco, CA 94114-1575

US

Registrar: NAMESDIRECT

Domain Name: ILOVEBEES.COM

Created on: 14-JUN-04

Expires on: 14-JUN-09

Last Updated on: 15-JUL-04

Administrative, Technical Contact:

Efendi, Margaret  ladybee777@hotmail.com

Margaret's House of Bees

Margaret's House of Bees

2370 Market Street #510

San Francisco, CA  94114-1575

US

415-248-2617

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.MYDOMAIN.COM

NS2.MYDOMAIN.COM

NS3.MYDOMAIN.COM

NS4.MYDOMAIN.COM

End of Whois Information

Check those phone numbers?

Some interesting bits in the source:

<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="honey, bees, Margaret, small busines, beekeeping, 
hives, retail, market, Operator, bug, buggy, virus, infestation, WTF is
going on with this damn thing, parasite, strong intrusive inclination, medium,
messages, shipwreck, network throttling, SOS, hoax, game, bee hoax, bee game,
survivor, survive, evade, resist, escape, a little help would be appreciated,
thanks and tip your waitress, sleep, is, good, install, reinstall,
re-reinstall, re-re-reinstall, I, love, bees">

<script LANGUAGE="Javascript1.2">
 var chinatime = new Date(2004,7,24,6,7,0);
</SCRIPT>
<script language=Javascript1.2 src="countdowntochina.js"></script><BR>
Make your decisions accordingly.<BR><BR></font></div>

It's so obviously for Halo 2, not just randomly put in for no reason.

I reckon Bungie told a load of interns to go crazy on the internet. I think a few people are taking this a little bit too far; it'll probably only have something to do with a new type of enemy or some twist of the plot.

Could you please explain the link? I played Halo a long time ago and didn't really stick to the story...

Sounds like a brute screaming, doesn't really have anything to do with the story from the first Halo. Just made me jump when I clicked that link ;)

Sounds like a brute screaming, doesn't really have anything to do with the story from the first Halo. Just made me jump when I clicked that link ;)

Oh, I missed that, sound doesn't work on Firefox (thankfully).

I thought the sounds were just supposed to be effects for the bee buzzing sound. And the "story" on the website doesn't have anything to do with Halo's current story. It seems to be more symbolic than anything- the "Operator" trapped while others ask her if she's okay. At first it sounds as if Captain Keyes might have survived, but being possessed by the Flood, living after getting half his face ripped off by Master Chief, and surviving the explosion seems a bit unlikely. So right now I'm guessing it has something to do with Kelly, the Spartan that Dr. Haley "kidnaps" because of her unique genetic makeup. There aren't really any facts to support that other than it being about a girl. The whole "sand spilling out of her head" thing is strange.

I want to know what the friggin' countdown is for :p

Me and my friend were talking about this all morning. Weird stuff, like quotes from Gullivers Travels and stuff. I have no idea what was going on with that site, but maybe we'll all know in time. Whoohoo for Halo 2 though :happy:

Well, this is a wierd one... Well, someone discovered that in the very end, the Xbox.com logo actually changes for a split second into another url - ilovebees.com. Now, let me tell you that what you are about to see will confuse the living hell out of you... If you go to http://ilovebees.com/ , A message pops up that something inside the system is degenerating it - a virus or other proggie. But, if you looked closely at the "SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX", you would notice that those first letters can also spell something else - "Single Player Demo Release". Yep, we believe that on August 24, 2004, at 00:06, A Demo of Halo 2's Single Player Experience will be made available. There are also other allusions to other dates (on the 27th, "network throttling will erode", possibly AKA "beta-testing will finish", and on the 10th, "this medium will metastasize", possibly AKA "Copies will start being made"), and a whole barrage of other extremely odd clues ("Seek the truth, Behold the truth, Reveal the truth, That is the law and the whole of the law").

Now seeing as Halo 1 had a massive amount of bible references, we can only assume that that is the source for all of these wierd clues, so I whipped over to http://crosswalk.com/ to search thru the bible for clues, I think this might be a The Da Vinci Code-type clue system set up by Bungie. I had no luck, but you guys might...

someone else (him): OMFG

someone else: THEY CRACKED IT!!!

someone (me): ?

someone else:

Halo2 trailer: ilovebees.com speculations

>> From Sgt. Tard on halomods.com:

Well, this is a wierd one... Remember the theatrical trailer for Halo 2 (look back down a few posts)? Well, someone discovered that in the very end, the Xbox.com logo actually changes for a split second into another url - ilovebees.com. Now, let me tell you that what you are about to see will confuse the living hell out of you... If you go to http://ilovebees.com/ , A message pops up that something inside the system is degenerating it - a virus or other proggie. But, if you looked closely at the "SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX", you would notice that those first letters can also spell something else - "Single Player Demo Release". Yep, we believe that on August 24, 2004, at 00:06, A Demo of Halo 2's Single Player Experience will be made available. There are also other allusions to other dates (on the 27th, "network throttling will erode", possibly AKA "beta-testing will finish", and on the 10th, "this medium will metastasize", possibly AKA "Copies will start being made"), and a whole barrage of other extremely odd clues ("Seek the truth, Behold the truth, Reveal the truth, That is the law and the whole of the law").

Now seeing as Halo 1 had a massive amount of bible references, we can only assume that that is the source for all of these wierd clues, so I whipped over to http://crosswalk.com/ to search thru the bible for clues, I think this might be a The Da Vinci Code-type clue system set up by Bungie. I had no luck, but you guys might...

You can also read more about it on halomods.com, games.slashdot.org or bungie.net

someone: ...

someone: cracked what where?

someone: that was on HBO two days ago

someoene else: "SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX", you would notice that those first letters can also spell something else - "Single Player Demo Release". Yep, we believe that on August 24, 2004, at 00:06, A Demo of Halo 2's Single Player Experience will be made available

someone else: nub

someone: doubt it

someone: 98% doubt it

someone: cuz why wouldn't they advertise?

someone else: omfg

someone: this is only for 1337 nubs like us

someone else: thats on my birthday

someone else: lol

someone: k

someone else: how leet would that be

someone: well

someone: not very

someone: considering it'll be at penny arcade's expo

someone: four days after that

Me and a friend were just talking about that, if you didn't gather that from the conversation :p

Just something I thought of. Sometimes it says "HALT".

HALT

HAL T

HALO T

HALO TWO

Just a thing I kinda thought of.