SP2 RTM (WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU)

I will NOT download from Bittorrent for this... it is Critical System files, too dangeous.

You people risk TOO MUCH for just a Service Pack. :p

I Want it, but I will wait until MS officially hosts it.

God knows when that will be :wacko:

I know, but I won't risk!

Besides, there is a saying... it ain't broken,don't fix it.

I don't think there is any hurry for it, and you know MS will release it SOON. That is CERTAIN, within this month.

I just hope to get in the Beta for future MS products, please tell me how.

What forms do I need to fill out for, like the testing the Final version of Longhorn :)

God knows when that will be :wacko:

I think Bill made a mistake by not allowing everyone to download this security SP. At the same time now everyone is downloading into there drives who knows what. :no:

xpsp2rtmenu.JPG

For those who would like to know...

THAT one is real. Congrats to all the losers who said it wasn't. :D Anyone who really wants to get SP2, go to that supposed "chinese" site. It works fine. :D :cool:

Distrust Bittorrent all you want, but correct me if I'm wrong, if the MD5 matches the MS one it is impossible that it has been trojaned.

From MIT's research (http://theory.lcs.mit.edu/~rivest/Rivest-MD5.txt):

"It is conjectured that it is computationally infeasible to produce

two messages having the same message digest, or to produce any

message having a given prespecified target message digest."

SUN has also had servers running MD5 tests on millions of files to find duplicates over several years. No matches yet.

I'll be happy if the Torrent I download for the service pack matches the MS official file.

THAT one is real. Congrats to all the losers who said it wasn't. :D Anyone who really wants to get SP2, go to that supposed "chinese" site. It works fine. :D :cool:

Of course, the fact that that one isn't digitally signed and doesn't match the MD5 hash posted in about a hundred locations now doesn't factor into your belief, now, does it?

Of course, the fact that that one isn't digitally signed and doesn't match the MD5 hash posted in about a hundred locations now doesn't factor into your belief, now, does it?

I've extracted all the files from this "xpsp2_RTM_ENU.exe" file and noticed there are alot of files in there created around midnight to 1am ish on 04th August. Some are 17th July and some are 03 August, but majority are 4th!

Also looked in i386/update at the "sp2.cat" file and it has this as the digital signature!!

sp2.JPG

Looks like it could be SP2

For those who would like to know...

THAT one is real. Congrats to all the losers who said it wasn't.  Anyone who really wants to get SP2, go to that supposed "chinese" site. It works fine. 

IT IS NOT REAL, BECAUSE I DOWNLOADED IT, INSTALLED IT (WORRYINGLY BECAUSE IT WAS FROM THE SAME CHEAP LOOKING CHINESE SITE I FOUND A FAKE FILE BEFORE, AND WASN'T SIGNED AND WAS THE WRONG SIZE) AND ALTHOUGH THE BUILD NUMBERS ON WINVER ARE CORRECT, THIS IS JUST BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN TAMPERED WITH! I KNOW, I USED IT, NOW I AM USING THE OFFICIAL (WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU) FILE FROM MICROSOFT AND THIS IS THE REAL VERSION BECAUSE I HAVE NOTICED NEW FEATURES (PLUS IT IS REALEASED FROM MICROSOFT AND THEY ARE OBVIOUSLLY NOT LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) But Of Course, If you want to keep using that fake, then be my Guest....

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Can any beta testers download form windowsbeta? It was getting hammered when the news came out and now i just get a HTTP 500 - Internal server error when I get to the download link :crazy:

:no: the whole download section won't even open up now

How many Beta Testers would MS have to cause such an event I wonder :whistle:

Brgs

Ok !

I checked the SP2 which is moving aroung the net !

& that is OLD 2158-RTM- VERSION not the Newer 2180 !!!