Do You Like The New Windows Xp Bootscreen?

Do You Like The New Windows Xp Bootscreen?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like The New Windows Xp Bootscreen?

• Yes
    • No

Its really the same boot screen except that the Professional or Home Edition and the copyright date is gone.. Besides, I like it that way... I can pretend I have the pro version... :alien:

it's a lot cleaner. they could make a 32bit color one at a higher res though, hopefully someday. I heard stardock was making the technology to do that a while ago. I voted yes though.

I'd like to know the reason behind the change

They removed the copyright dates to make XP seem fresh and new. Seeing 2001 on the copyright reminds one of the last time MS released an OS. They rpolly removed the Home/Pro text to unify the brand as Home give the stripped down impression.

,Aug 9 2004, 20:35] I don't care because I only see it for about 5 seconds every 3 or 4 days. Do people actually sit around contemplating what their boot screen looks like? Too much free time.

That's pretty much what I was thinking too. That said, even if you were into bootscreens, the SP2 bootscreen is... well... pretty much the same.

I've always wondered why the flah logo on the bootscreen is low-res, any ideas of why it is that way? It seems to me that they would atelast make it look cleaner.

so it complies with basic vga or SVGA displays without the need for a pre-OS specific grahpics card driver.

i'd like a high-res bootup logo aswell :yes:

see quote above insane ;)

id love to see a high res svga bios post screen too please (what do you mean those two aint possible!!!)

Kinda like how I miss having the stars under my avatar, I miss having the words Professional in my bootup. Cause that's what I paid for. But I can live without the professional part...the stars on the other hand... :wacko: