NeoRequest

Question

Neowin,

Over the past few months, myself (JMann) and Chorpeac have been working on a new graphics request system for Neowin, called Neorequest. This system has been designed to provide a lot more organised and simplier system to request graphics. My job on Neorequest was to provide the skins and to make the graphics on Neorequest look very good and also to make the system simple so users dont get confused or stuck when using it. Chorpeac was the guy who codes the whole thing together and makes all work together and has done a brilliant job bringing it all together and it has worked perfectly, so without further talk, myself and Chorpeac present Neorequest Graphics Request System. Enjoy the system and drop us a comment or question in the Neorequest Official Neowin Forum, all linked below.

Neorequest Graphics Request System

Neorequest Official Neowin Forum

Enjoy it, as it was made for all of you and Neowin.

Best Regards,

JMann and Chorpeac.

Neorequest Creators

Edited by JMann

After some discussion from here, I decided to implement some of the features that were asked about. First, you can now view the site as a guest, but only perform certain functions. Obviously, a guest cannot create a request or submit work. It is basically a read only permission. Secondly, there is now a button for each request in the request listing to open a request. This should satisfy some users request to be able to open more than one without having to go back and forth. I hope that will suffice for now.

I believe its the server change, keep checking on it. If its still down by tommorow, and you have cleared all your Cache etc I will ask Chorpeac about it. :)

I see it up right now. I haven't moved code yet to the new server, and the domain transfer is any time now...so post when you can't access anything

ok working through it right now to see what is going on. I will be on this more tomorrow when people re back from vacations here in the US

Ok got the site transferred. I'm just trying to get the database restored. Everything else is there. I should be able to get it working tonight!

hmmm.. anyone else get this?

neoshooter72lb.th.png

and in case anyone is suspicious of the "dentist logos" in the search box its just because someone said he saw the same logo someone submited on google and i was just looking for it :p

I do too at the moment, its because the CSS is not linking properly and also when I got to NeoRequest.net I get a password dialog popup too. Chorpeac can you tell us whats going on?

JMann

Well I had the site transferred, and found a way to update the database. GoDaddy doesn't allow remote connections to their MySQL databases, so that was a pain in the arse. I have a backup loaded now from May 28, which is when the old site was pretty much not used anymore. So I figured all was good, right?

Well then yesterday I had it working with the subdomain and everything, and it seemed really fast. Now....it's not working right and the subdomain is all hosed and the login prompt...that I am not sure wth that is from, since we have never had a login prompt.... :\

I am continually trying to get it back up...I apologize for the delay...

This is frustrating for me too

Of course it is, (Y) will keep in with this. Go shout at GoDaddy. ;) Glad to see that it seemed fast when it was up though!

Oh yeah, and I have code in there for just the gallery portion, so that it grabs a random 77x69 sample of the file, and displays that as the preview, instead of squishing the picture to 77x69. So check that out on the gallery when it get working.

SsssWwwwEEEEtttt. lol. ;) Been looking forward to this feautre for a long time, at the moment still getting that Password Popup. :)

Neat! NeoRequest is back online so: http://www.neorequest.net ;) Also update in the gallery, hopefully we can get the rest of the site doing that cut-down as well and then I think it would look very smooth. :) Also, the speed to access the site and general usage has seemed to of also greatly improved. (Y)

JMann

Yeah I justnoticed it is working again now. They had an authentication on the directories, and that was preventing our access. They fixed it and it looks like it is working now. However, it is still forwarding to a subdirectory, which needs modified, I dont want that. Let me know how you like the preview on the gallery. I'll include it everywhere I can if we like it.

Wow i spent more time TRYING to upload a request, than it took me to make the bloody logo... You should change the whole format of the site i think.

Can you specify any problems you encountered? I mean, as far as I can see, you had a problem uploading a request...

What exactly was the issue?

When i do get in, i keep getting "unexpected errors" pages don't open and seem to hang. I even have had problems logging in. Wish it was easier

This website encountered an unexpected problem...

The following information about the error was automatically captured:

Detailed error information follows:

Error 'Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.' while generating exception string