NFL Discussion

after watching the 3rd quarter, I don't think he will tie or get the record.  I think they will keep running the ball to kill the clock.

Yeah. I kinda have to agree. I can't believe the comeback the Packers made this half.

At least the Colts got that field goal in. (Y)

EDIT: DAMN! Vanderjagt had to tackle. That's something you don't see often. Your kicker has to tackle. :no: Here's to hope the Colts still make it.

the 9ers were shut out for the first time in 400+ games today :cry:

Yup, for the first time since 1977. That streak is gone too as is Rice's catch for every game for 274 games. Looks like this is the season for breaking records.. :p

btw, Did Favre and Manning account for the most yards in a game?? :unsure:

btw, Did Favre and Manning account for the most yards in a game?? :unsure:

Both teams rushed for less than 150 yards combined, so I have to say that they accounted for at least 75% of their offense.

• 3 weeks later...

falcons scared me to death. they finally took the reigns off vick a little bit in the 4th and he just took over. defense played great to keep us in the game that long. Also, #1 run defense in the league shut down Tomlinson today. another test with Priest Holmes next week. we're still not being taken seriously, but thats ok. after minnesota finishes off new orleans, we'll be 3 games up in the division after only 6 weeks. cant ask for much more than that.

good finish in Dallas today.. i was shocked how many steelers fans they had at that game..

and another last minute win for the Jags, they go to Indy next week, if they want respect, thats where they gotta earn it.

and the dolphins are 0-6. i love it.

wow, we get no respect at all. we're 5-1. best rush defense in the league. 3rd best rushing offense. KC is 1-4 with no defense to speak of, and theyre still favored by 4 this week.

Of course KC is favored over ATL. The only players that ATL have that are recognizable are Vick and Hall. Now, look at KC, and you have Holmes, Green, Gonzalez, and Morton along with their offensive line which is one of the best in the NFL.

yeah, Warrick Dunn, TJ Duckett, Peerless Price, and Alge Crumpler arent recognizable. my bad. at what point does our record speak for itself? were going to kick KC's ass.

yeah, Warrick Dunn, TJ Duckett, Peerless Price, and Alge Crumpler arent recognizable. my bad. at what point does our record speak for itself? were going to kick KC's ass.

584774475[/snapback]

Who the hell is Alge Crumpler? I mean seriously, you guys have 1 great QB, one average RB, one awesome CB, and one average WR. Enjoy your division title, that'll be the only thing you win this year :)

alge crumpler is one of the top 5 TEs in the league, listen to any expert. i dont expect anyone to believe me. but, just like in 2002, were going to keep surprising people. we beat the hell out of your team ;)

we beat the hell out of your team ;)

584778063[/snapback]

We're still in first and we're respected especially after the Seahawks comeback, something the Falcons will never do.

What if you don't win? :unsure:

584778120[/snapback]

then i'll be wrong? but we'll still be in first by at least 2 games.

We're still in first and we're respected especially after the Seahawks comeback, something the Falcons will never do.

how can you say the falcons cant pull off a comeback.. we just did it last week.. but youre right, we wont be able to pull one off like the rams did, because our defense wont let us get that far down to begin with.