NexPad 0.6

great program, but are there any plans of future syntax highlighting, current line highlighting and line numbering?

i suggest that you try, in some way, to model shicola's codepad

584796170[/snapback]

Or Notepad2's design. Looks promising, BangBang. Keep up the great work!

Friday guys, friday I'm working on this. I can't get into why it's been put off so much, but just trust its a good reason.

As far as modeling after another app, I refuse to even look at similar apps. I want this all to be original and new to me.

Very nice work bangbang023... And may I complement you for using xml to store settings  :D?

584819145[/snapback]

Lol thanks....and yes xml is much nicer than the registry.

so you guys know, I sat down for a half hour or so and for these changes in so far for the next release:

- Added ability to create new pad by double clicking blank space on tab bar

- Added "Save" to tab context menu

- Fixed bug in closing pad when content was not changed (pad would not close)

I'm too stressed to do anymore because of some ###### managers at work, but I just wanted to show things are still going.

Ok expect a release in a day or two. I just have to get the single instance mode running and I'm set. Before I do this though, does everyone want single instance?

Ok expect a release in a day or two. I just have to get the single instance mode running and I'm set. Before I do this though, does everyone want single instance?

584828930[/snapback]

Hehe :) I think everyone wants have the option (checkbox :p), to select, which mode you wanna start in. ;)

Getting it as an option may be difficult to pull off. I'll see what I can do, but it's going to be hard enough, right now, to be able to not only do a check for a currently running version but also pass any command line arguments to it.

0.3 BETA is finally up. Changelog:

-------

v 0.3

-------

Released 10/30/2004

- Added ability to create new pad by double clicking blank space on tab bar

- Added "Save" to tab context menu

- Added optional status bar

- Added current line number

- Added URL highlighting (clicking URL opens link in default browser)

- Truncated context menu of pad text box

- Tab height decreased by 4px

- Fixed: Could not close a pad in which content had not been changed

- Fixed: Pressing enter in 'find' or 'replace' box would not properly highlight first result

- Fixed: 'Select All' would not disable if no text were present

Now, I did not put in single instance mode, as of yet, because I'm still not 100% if I want it or not. Also, -=SD=-'s idea for the ability to open more than one pad at startup is not going to be implemented in that form. I actually have an idea for a user "scripted" startup, but nothing is definite on those plans yet.

To download, please check the first post of this thread.

great! will test this instantly :D

[edit]

just a quick question... line numbers... I can't find 'em :blink: although they are there according to the changelog, some help here please bangbang...

Also if I start NexPad for the first time it gives me a font of 975 points big :|

1) The current line number is shown in the status bar in the bottom right. I know this isn't what people had in mind, but it's all I want to put in right now.

2) That font issue is weird. Does it happen every time you run NexPad or only the very first time after unzipping it?

Only happens after unzipping it and running for the first time...

And don't worry about the line numbering this way, it's original and this way it won't bother people that don't like it. My props for originality (Y) :yes:

Thanks. It's not too original, but it does it's job lol.

The scripted startup idea seems pretty doiable to me. Something like "%n; %f "c:\test.txt"; %n" would open a blank pad, then open a file in a second pad, and finally open a 3rd pad which is also blank. It's an idea. No promises.

Great work chris.  One suggestion, maybe add tile diagonally?

584835392[/snapback]

Na, That really doesn't offer much.

Update sounds good, thanks for taking the time and adding those features :)

584835487[/snapback]

I'm trying my best.

no i mean a flickering of the text itself when typing in a pad. When I gave a larger document open, the contents flicker while I type and it's driving me nuts. I'm trying to find the reason for this bug.

I have a feature request for Nexpad, specificly regarding tabs

Is there anyway you could make the tabs similar to Opera's tabs? I.E when I wheel/middle click on them, they close? If not, I understand, but it's a feature I've come to find a big time saver, and I figured I'd pass the idea on to you.

I have a feature request for Nexpad, specificly regarding tabs

Is there anyway you could make the tabs similar to Opera's tabs? I.E when I wheel/middle click on them, they close? If not, I understand, but it's a feature I've come to find a big time saver, and I figured I'd pass the idea on to you.

584842406[/snapback]

Good idea. Expect to see it in the next release