• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

2/3 of teens had sex at high school

Marshalus    50

No one has the right to say that you can't have an abortion, that is a couple choice (or in some cases the womans choice) -- the fact is, they/she has to live with the consequences, and it isn't anyone elses right to choose that for them but their/her own.

Back on the topic of sex. I'm 18, a senior in high school, and I have had sex with my girlfriend multiple times since about November of this year.

She's on the pill, which we both jointly pay for each month, and we always use a condom (well I take that back, we have done it twice without them, but only at the beginning of the month when she is still very unlikly to get pregnant).

But if you think because she's on the pill, that I don't worry about her getting pregnant, then you'd be dead wrong. Everyday I live with the possibility that she could get pregnant, and while it scares me half-to-death, I realize that its a part of having sex.

I think sex is something to be shared between a couple that loves each other very much, and has communicated with each other about their thoughts and feelings on it. However, I'm not saying that I would condem those that do it outside of a relationship. That's your choice, and if you can live with the consequences, then you are free to do with your life as you please.

Basically what it boils down to is, if you are willing to accept the consequences for your actions, then you are free to do as you please.

jayp6969    0

well i guess im one of the 2/3 lol im not really proud of it tho cuz the first time was just a one night stand after a dance but hey **** happens

nXP_151    0

I wouldn't be suprise since some of my friend even they hide it out I can see that they've been doing it.

He he he he seems that the sex education really teaches them.

Jaz    0

who really gives a damn. sex is sex is sex. why do ppl seem to be horrified by this number. is it cause theyre not getting any? go back to your non liberal countries

kintamanate    1

excuse me..-=at=- high school (at the institution of learning itself)..or during the years attending high school?

you gotta make yourself more clear..thank you.:roll:

MulletRobZ    2

Thread reading is dead, kintamanate! :p Also, sunnyy4, check your PM's! ;)

NoMore    0
Originally posted by betax

I am eighteen and I just gratudated from high school. I plan on waiting untill I am married to the one I love to engage in such activities. Sex is not what makes a relationship nor is it a "step on the ladder". I despise it when high school students use condoms as justification for making love.

Your in high school, chances are you will not end up with the girl/boy you are with in the future.. The typical high school relationship may last about 4 months.. With this in mind, do you honestly wish to rush into something that can not be undone? You can only loose your virginity once folks and it is a lot more special if you only loose it to the one you end up with. People in my school who speak of the "great conquest" of having sex and using it in that context... sicken me.

Do you honestly think you will get married to someone if you have 4-20 girls under your belt?

SEX IS NOT A RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY! Shiesh.. if you are that horny.. masturbate

I agree with betax. I think it should be done only with the one you love. And Jaz and SHoTTa35, it's people like you who contribute to the increasing number. If you really want pleasure, do some meditation. Or do as betax says. Anyway, help is always available. *counselling*

Neoguy17    0
Originally posted by sp00nman

You are SOOOOOOOOOO right.

I agree 100%. I think abortions should only be allowed if the woman was raped, or if the woman's life is at risk. Otherwise, it's the woman's fault for spreading her legs.

Abortion = murdering the innocent

I'll probably get flammed for voicing my opinion..but here it goes anyway.

I don't believe that rape should be the only reason allowed for an abortion. Unless you define rape more clearly there are pleanty of cases I can think of that would constitute the need for the choice of abortion.

First off, everyone's been a teenager before and knows that they all go through that "curriosity" period. If a girl gives it a go cuz she's currious or somethin and doesn't think it through it might be wise to have an abortion for a couple reasons. You may be saving the baby's life for not having an abortion but the life of the mother will be ruined (with her education mainly). Secondly, how many teenagers do you honnestly know that could afford to support a child? It's a fact that raising a child is VERY expensive and is an expense that couple's need to consider if they can afford.

The only case that I see an abortion as something that shouldn't be allowed is if someone just changes their mind. The whole "Oh, i don't wanna have a baby now" attitude when they're (A) married (B) finished their schooling, or © a full grown adult.

I'm a firm believer that the choice of abortion needs to be kept open for teenagers due to their education, social, and financial situations as well as the fact that a teenager doesn't always think things through before acting.

timmmay    47

personally i think abortion is a very bad thing, but if i were to get my girl pregnant, it would be for the better that she did get an abortion, although i wouldn't totally agree with it, but that's her choice, not mine.

also i think any rapist should ****ing die, my girlfriend was raped when she was 14 and it has really shattered her perception of guy's, apparently i'm the first decent one she's been out with. if i even meet the guy who did it, i'll kick his ****in ass :p it annoys me sooo much to think that some guy would force a girl into sex just coz he's horny...jesus.

and onto the sex issue, i'm 17 and it was only a year and a half ago that i lost my virginity, but it's not like it matters, coz that kinda **** doesn't to me ;P

i don't know if this has made sence to anyone coz i'm very tired and very sick, so !@#%$#

bah

Rathamon    0

That is just disgusting. Edited.: -Keldyn

DerkPY    0

A blokes G-Spot is in his arse. Wierd.

Rathamon    0

oh..

neowin caters for age 13 and up right?

guess the kids will learn someday :cool:

kbs    0

Long post, I know...bear with me:

Originally posted by SHoTTa35

I get regular check ups and always double up on condoms just incase one break..

Regular checkups are good, but you should never use two condoms at once. Unless of course you're a homosexual man in which case both of you would be using one....

but my point is: wearing two ups the chance of a broken condom (friction....) which would then defeat the whole purpose

Originally posted by betax

I despise it when high school students use condoms as justification for making love.

Would you rather them get pregnant/get an STD/get HIV/die?

High school students are going to have sex whether or not you want them too. At least encourage them to protect themselves and their future.

Originally posted by sp00nman

Otherwise, it's the woman's fault for spreading her legs.

Shifting all blame to the female, how original. It takes two to tango--she surely didn't get pregnant on her own. Therefore it isn't the "woman's" fault. It is both peoples fault.

Originally posted by Hawkeye

I remember a great quote from my health teacher in 6th grade about pregnancy that she said to the girls in the class:

Unless it's by rape, it's your own fault.

If you think about it, she is absolutely right. A girl's pregnancy is her own doing unless she was forced into it (rape). If it's not rape, then the girl gave consent to the guy to have sex with her, and she is expected to accept the consequences in this case (pregnancy or contracting an STD).

I really hope 6th grade was about 20 years ago for you. She didn't give consent for him to "have sex with her," she gave consent to mutually participate in a sexual activity. There is a difference there. And again, it is not all her fault. I really hope your teacher taught you that it does require two people to create life. And both of them have a part of preventing any unwanted effects of such.

As for abortion, generally they're done in the first trimester (<12 weeks). Not as often they're done in the second and doctors generally will not perform them in the third trimester unless the pregnancy is risking the mothers life.

Originally posted by Borg77

Maybe the female crowd will listen to your wise words but some of them just go out and have sex anyways. So, sometimes you can't do anything about it.

And the males can do whatever the hell they want....?

Seriously, think about this. You are being incredibly sexist to the point that its sickening. Guys are the ones going out and having sex. If you look at the polls done of high school students--more boys have had sex than girls. Unfortunately only the females are able to get pregnant. I'm sure if men could, birth control would be a lot farther along than it is.

Every human being should be given the chance to live even if was by rape or not.

Can you imagine spending 9 months with something growing inside of you that you had no choice in its creation? Rape itself is a traumatic experience that it takes years to get over. Throw in a baby and see what you've got. Could you spend the rest of your life raising/caring for a child, knowing how that baby was created? I'm not trying to promote abortion or say who should or shouldn't be given a chance to live, but think about it from a point of view other than the stereotypical sexist male who has no connection to how life is started.

Originally posted by Marshalus

She's on the pill, which we both jointly pay for each month, and we always use a condom (well I take that back, we have done it twice without them, but only at the beginning of the month when she is still very unlikly to get pregnant).

Good for you. I applaud taking responsibility and even paying for half of the pill. The pill (when taken correctly) is up to 99% effective in preventing pregnancies. The condom takes into account STDs, etc. However...don't assume that at certain times of the month she won't get pregnant because you can get pregnant at any time of the month, including while menstruating. Sure, some times of the month it's less likely, but since she's on the pill and you're using condoms, pregnancy shouldn't worry you.

I think sex is something to be shared between a couple that loves each other very much, and has communicated with each other about their thoughts and feelings on it. However, I'm not saying that I would condem those that do it outside of a relationship. That's your choice, and if you can live with the consequences, then you are free to do with your life as you please

And that I agree with 100%

Originally posted by Neoguy17

Secondly, how many teenagers do you honnestly know that could afford to support a child? It's a fact that raising a child is VERY expensive and is an expense that couple's need to consider if they can afford....

I'm a firm believer that the choice of abortion needs to be kept open for teenagers due to their education, social, and financial situations as well as the fact that a teenager doesn't always think things through before acting.

In today's society many people can't afford to have children, no matter what their age. Through all ages people don't think things through. It's a fact of life...

ziddey    0

::cries:: why is it that i always enter a thread too late and all the questions and corrections have already been made :-/ hrm makes you think if i will ever get my post count up

wannabetenor    0

Umm. Abortion is a very touchy issue, obviously. People have formed an opinion based on how they were raised, and then they come to their own opinion. I think that's great. So, here is mine, which isn't even worth the now 50 cents to make a phone call :)

Think about it for a second. Sex. Don't think about how good it feels, or even the consiquences of it. Think about it's purpose.

We, as humans, have the ability to create life. How great is that? So, to abuse that...well just seems weird. But, what it comes down to, is how you define abuse. Kids in high school will try things. It's a part of growing. My personal opinion (Which may not be the consensis) is that when you have sex, you should be making love with the person who you love more than anything in the world. The fruit of love, is life.

Who's right is it to end life? Just because a person doesn't want to deal with the responsibilty of a kid, in my opinion, does not give them the right to end the life. The life may have started because of a night of partying, or rape, but the fact is, there is life. It starts out in a simple form, but the fact is undenyable, its life. To stop that life is not right. Just because you can do something, does not mean that you should do that thing.

Just because you can have sex, does not mean that you have to. Just because you can do drugs, drink, of steal does not mean that you have to.

Just because you can end a life...does not mean that you must.

I honestly am up in the air about whether or not a child should be aborted to save the mother. In my miind, if it were my wife, and my child, I'd want to save my wife... But, I have my own moral problems with abortion..

Thanks for allowing me to ramble. I'd like to hear what you think. e-mail me at NeoMusicMan@hotmail.com :)

wannabetenor

modem    2

Theres a cure for those stats. Abstinence and sex only with 1 person within the bounds of marriage. Till then people deserve the STD's, AIDS, and every other emotional problem they have from doing that outside of marriage.

23 years old myself and only kissed 2 girls at most.

Mark Otto    0

well im one of the three that did....can we get a second to prove this damn thing :D?

wannabetenor    0
Till then people deserve the STD's, AIDS, and every other emotional problem they have from doing that outside of marriage.

Umm, I would never wish those upon my worse enemy. So, I don't belive that anyone deserves it. But I do agree. If we are ever really going to defeat AIDS-HIV/STDs / careless abortion/ or emotional damage, is to control who we have sex with, and why we have sex with them. Why? Love.. Those who have sex for recreation may be having fun... But ultimatly, if they contenue, they will live out their life empty, never really findind that one person with whom they can share everything. No one should control it for us, we should be adult enough to do it ourselves.

modem    2

I definately don't wish death or horrible pain and suffering on anyone. But what I am saying is that *EVERY* action in life has a consquence, good or bad. I do a job well the consquence is I get paid. If I sleep around, then I'm basically asking for some sort of physical or emotional suffering. Be that AIDS or knocking up a girl suffering will occur.

Within marriage... as long as both people remain faithful no STD will ever happen and babies will be the growth of a stable family. Imagine if everyone changed their lifestyle to reflect that, screw cures for most std's cause we could rid them off the face of the earth.

But in short, for all of those who read this and say "it's my life and I'll do what I want." to them I say, fine. But be an adult and accept the consquences of your actions as well... which in some cases will result in death.

wannabetenor    0

I totally, and 100% agree.

Osiris    838

How can you say aborting something that doesnt even have conciousness yet be considered murder, and the killing of a life.

If your saying abortion is dead wrong, and youve ever killed a snail, or an ant or a spider before, then your pretty much a hypocrite. Those insects, bugs whatever have more conciousness in them then a first trimester fetus has, so isnt killing them even more so wrong?

Remember your conciounce is the only thing your gonna be taking to your grave, so how can aborting something that hasnt even developed that yet be considered killing?

wannabetenor    0

Nope. That's not what I am saying. Here's what is hypocritical...

If a pregnant women get's into a car accident, and the UNBORN baby dies, the man can (and mostly likely will) be charged with manslaughter. Why should he be charged if, as you say, the baby doesn't have a conscience??

I'm not at all saying that it's okay to go around getting in car accidents, but that is hypocritical..

A person who is in a coma doesn't have conscience. Should we go around justifying that it's okay to kill them because they are not awake?

What about a person who is sleeping? They are "un" conscience---without conscienceness.

Can a mother kill a sleeping child because he or she is simply asleep or without conscienceness?? After, it is her choice, right, she did give birth to the child.

Absolutly not! We know that it is not right!

Does that mean that it's okay to kill a sleeping baby just because we put a lable on it--just because it's asleep--just because he/she hasn't been fully formed yet?

I think not..

PS-I think I spelled consciene wrong. Sorry :(

Osiris    838

There is a difference between being unconscience

and not even having developed basic conscienceness.

Wickedkitten    12
Originally posted by wannabetenor

Nope. That's not what I am saying. Here's what is hypocritical...

If a pregnant women get's into a car accident, and the UNBORN baby dies, the man can (and mostly likely will) be charged with manslaughter. Why should he be charged if, as you say, the baby doesn't have a conscience??

20 weeks is when doctors establish that there is consciousness and technically a "baby" and up until that point the woman is at the greatest risk of losing the baby and getting a termination up to that point is still allowed.

As per if the foetus was under the age of 20 weeks a person would not be done for manslaughter

A person who is in a coma doesn't have conscience. Should we go around justifying that it's okay to kill them because they are not awake?

This doesn't matter since there have been many people that were in comas that have been taken off life support if there was no sign that they would ever return to consciousness

What about a person who is sleeping? They are "un" conscience---without conscienceness.

consciousness is based on sensing ones own personal identity and mental alertness. When you're sleeping you don't wake up and not know who you are, so if anything, you're not unconscious when you're sleeping, you're semi-conscious. When you went to sleep you knew who you are and when you wake up it's the same. Not so with a foetus

Can a mother kill a sleeping child because he or she is simply asleep or without conscienceness?? After, it is her choice, right, she did give birth to the child.

there have been many that have killed their children while they ere asleep for that exact same reason

Absolutly not! We know that it is not right!

Does that mean that it's okay to kill a sleeping baby just because we put a lable on it--just because it's asleep--just because he/she hasn't been fully formed yet?

it's not asleep, until 20 weeks its consciousness hasn't even developed yet

icie    0

Umm...nice abortion debate you got going there, but I am just here to append something. (and bring the topic back on topic)

According to statistics, in Australia, around 48% of the students who are in the last year of high school (ie: Year 12) have had sex. Thus, the students who are abstaining (for now) is the majority rather than the minority. So don't get fooled into having sex because "everyone else is doing it".