[NFL] Philadelphia perfect! ... & alone in the NFC

Relax. They're a Philadelphia team and all Philly teams know how to do is choke. I live close to Philly so they're my home team. I want to see them succeed this year, but I am not getting my hopes up.

I predict Owens getting hurt sometime this season and the eagles losing many game:ninja:a:

584730625[/snapback]

We made it to the NFC championship the last three years without him, so losing Owens would not be the worst thing in the world. Losing Westbrook would. *knocks on wood again that it does not happen.

i am totally relaxed...lol, i had a bowl so im just daddy, randy! im just voicing my opinion thats all, everyone would like to see new teams in the playoffs and in the superbowl. Instead like when i was growing up it was nothing but cowboys, bills, 49ers, denver.... nothing against these teams, like i have nothing against the eagles... it is just they are not showing me anything this year to make them a force in the NFC

I love how Terrell Owens is trashing Ricky Manning... I SO want to see him get burned. :)

584731712[/snapback]

He trashed talked Ray Lewis in the preseason before the first preseason game because Ray was giving him crap. And look what happened. First play an 81 yard pass to TO up the middle for a TD. If he didn't get burned by Ray Lewis I seriously doubt Ricky Manning will.

He trashed talked Ray Lewis in the preseason before the first preseason game because Ray was giving him crap.  And look what happened.  First play an 81 yard pass to TO up the middle for a TD.  If he didn't get burned by Ray Lewis I seriously doubt Ricky Manning will.

584732423[/snapback]

:yes: :woot:

Change the title to ABSOLUTELY perfect?

TO is going to do **** in that game!

584736681[/snapback]

And hey, StaticX, TO had 123 yards on 4 catches ALL in the first half, he didn't even need to do anything in the second half for the Eagles to win. :sleep:

Change the title to ABSOLUTELY perfect?

And hey, StaticX, TO had 123 yards on 4 catches ALL in the first half, he didn't even need to do anything in the second half for the Eagles to win. :sleep:

584760550[/snapback]

My bad, I was confusing the Seahawks loss to NE with Philly... Hey I had busy Sunday with my "Honey Do" list so I didn't get to catch mych of the games.

The offense was a little flat in the second half of the game, but the defense was able to compensate for it. I thought Reid should have called for more throwing plays in the 2nd half instead of having Westbrook run because they seemed to shut him down on almost all plays except the one where he scored. The defense never played better except for the run stopping. They had pretty much shut down the throwing aspect of the game. The interception by Lito Shepard and the following runback was incredible and I think it was one of the best plays this season. And the onsides kick in the opening of the 2nd half. What trickery, I did not even see that coming. And finally the last thing I have to comment on was the hit that the Freak layed on Delhomme. That looked like it had to hurt. All in all it was still a great game for the Eagles and it seemed like all aspects of the team did well except for the guy on the sidelines who nailed the ref during a kick. ;)

Edited by jmole

im mean there is another unbeaten team in the league, the jets. but they are playing NE this week, we shall see the outcome of the game, but if i remember correctly philly plays the jets this year, that should be a pretty good game.

you really cant underestimate any team in this league anymore. and its normally the last team you expect that beats these unbeaten teams

584783939[/snapback]

That is wha tI really like about the way the NFL has structured itself. The really is parity around the league and any given year a team has at least the "possibility" of succeeding, unlike baseball.

im mean there is another unbeaten team in the league, the jets. but they are playing NE this week, we shall see the outcome of the game, but if i remember correctly philly plays the jets this year, that should be a pretty good game.

584783992[/snapback]

that jets and patriots game is one I need to make sure I dont miss... and about that eagles v. jets game ... they were only scheduled to play in the preseason and the eagles lost but that is only preseason ...

Oh man this is exciting. Since Simoneau is sidelined for a foot injury for this week, Trotter is going to be starting at his old job again. Trotter has been laying down some brutal hits this season on special teams, especially the one against the Giants' punter. Then he got the onsides kick at the start of the second half last game. I hope he returns to his old pro-bowl form this weekend because stopping the rush needs to be better.

I hope they leave Trotter at starting position even after Simoneau gets his foot healed. It's possible I might change my mind though depending on how well Trotter performs in tomorrow's game.