1. 1. Do you smoke the Wacky weed?

• I smoke daily
    • I smoke occasionally
    • I have tried it
    • I have never tried it
    • You should be arrested!
    • What's wacky weed?
    • You should be arrested

i live in BC, good ol BC with infamous Vancouver rated #1 place in the world to get high by high times magazine. although pot is illegal here it might as well not be. its easier for me to get weed than it is for me to get alcohol. (im under 19, the legal drinking age) i enjoy it just as anyone would enjoy spending there money at a gym/bar/fancy resturant. all of these things dont really give us anything special in return we do them because we like them. even though in BC weed is so accesible, especially in high school. not everyone does it! just like not everyone drinks. having it legalized wont turn out nation into pot heads. if some one really wanted to get high a crappy law isnt gunna stop them no more than the law wont stop some one who wants to speed in there car. the only difference is speeding kills, weed doesnt. the statistics are in, the accident rate in marijuana related crashes is 1/8th that of those in crashes where the driver had been consuming alcohol and was BELOW the legal limit to drive. thats saying somthing. marijuana causes its users to become passive and relaxed where as alcohol brings high blood pressure, anger, kills more brain cells than pot and not to mension extreme damage to your liver. i would rather be stoned any day of the week than drunk. and im not some high school drop out stoner. i maintain an A average, im going to BCIT next year. im VERY respected by the administrators at my school because of the technical work i volenteer for. both me and my friend (also a frequent user of neowin) practicly run the computer system/communications system/ school wide television system of our school. the reason us stoners are given such respect is because we know there is a time and a place for pot and school (just like any other professionaly environment) isnt one of them. i feel as long as you respect that there is a certain time for these things (theres no way anyone would come to work drunk) then you can go through life enjoying marijuana without any effect to your professional life.

I did, unfortunately I was recently arrested for being in poessession of a very small amount. (1-2 grams)

so going on advice from my lawyer I have stopped for the time being

it should be the in the same category as alcohol and tobacco, a personal decision

How many alcoholics go home, argue with their partners/birlfriends/wives, then beat the crap out of them...

How many stoners go home and do the same?

i rest my case.

Actually i dont. THC is less harmful than alcohol and (suprisingly to some) straight tobacco (THC is the main chemical in weed, for those that dont know). There is an entire "clique" dedicated to slamming weed smokers, calling them losers, wasters, "junkies"... but they are none of these things. Weed doesnt make you incoherant or affect your bility to think rationally... Alcohol does. Weed doesnt make you want to beat up the first person who looks at yuou wrong in a club... Alcohol can (and frequently does)...

Im in danger of being labled a "biased" because i too am a smoker of "the herb"... But if some people actually open their eyes and look at the world around them, directly comparing weed vs other problems... they'd leave us stoners alone (and legalise it once and for all) You dont have any greater chance of dying from a joint than you do a normal cigarette. Alcohol abuse is a rife problem with teenagers, and thats "legal" (except for teenagers ability to buy it) And to me, is MORE dangerous than a joint or two.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Get a life. Smoking drugs will get you nowhere. You can defend it, you can glorify it, but at the end of the day, drug taking is just an immature and childish act.

p.s. I think I now know why there are so many idiots around here.

Im not a smoker at all. i really hate the taste of tobacco, i dont see how anyone can become addicted. But weed...Ive done less than 10 joints in my life, but i dont mind it. If my friends choose to do it, im not offended at all.

(Y) Only on the weekends while watching Ali G with friends, nothing better than getting the giggles. Thats student life for ya!  :D

584731494[/snapback]

that reminds me of when a friend grabbed my lipps and got me to say something like "ishy-wishy-squishy-fishy-club" or i dono something like that. I couldnt do it i was laughing and crying so hard. even the ppl around that wernt baked were laughing at me..... :blink: :shifty:

"drug taking is stupid, immature, childish" etc...

How many people are slamming weed, but drink regularly...?

Alcohol IS a HARMFUL drug

Get a life. Smoking drugs will get you nowhere. You can defend it, you can glorify it, but at the end of the day, drug taking is just an immature and childish act.

p.s. I think I now know why there are so many idiots around here.

584731466[/snapback]

So to summarize your opinion:

Drugs = bad

Living as an ignorant fool, opinion swayed only by mass media = good

Please enjoy living a lie.

So to summarize your opinion:

Drugs = bad

Living as an ignorant fool, opinion swayed only by mass media = good

Please enjoy living a lie.

584731531[/snapback]

Your genious!!

Perfect words for what most people think when they read things like that.

Nothing is more tasty than freshly picked(properly dried, of course) herb smoked in a brand new vaporizer.

How I do love that taste.

I do not believe it should be legal, however. While there are many responsible smokers out there, I know I can guess safely that irresponsible smokers out number us at least four to one. I know many people around the United States would celebrate by rolling a nice big, Bob Marly sized joint with their new, inexpensive, government manufactured marijuana.

But a few bad apples CAN ruin the whole bunch.

If marijuana were to be legalized, it would be much more accessable to people who are very irresponible with it. They would no doubt smoke more and more, mostly because they can, and in turn, become much more irresponsible than they already are.

I know you guys up north there are a little easier going than we are, with the lower crime rate and all, but legalizing it in the U.S. would cause more problems then it would solve. I do frequent the rolling hills and mountainious...mountains of Chilliwhack, British Columbia and I have to say, you guys do deserve it.

Compared to my hometown, Chilliwhack is a much more laid back envrionment. I don't see nearly as many police officers patrolling the streets, and just the overall feel of the town makes me feel safer.

i have grew up all my life around drugs. my dad was a heavy abuser of glue, pills and weed and probly alot more at the age of 17, he stopped on most things when his responsiblities kicked in except weed....i am now 18 but at the age of 14/15 been awaken by him coming home drunk n smashing one of the rooms up while he argues with my mum. over alchohol my family has fallen apart more than once and really think anyone who decides to drink it should drink it in moderation so they are aware of what they are dooing its a DANGEROUS drink i also have to stay away from my girlfriend when she drinks because she causes an argument and we end up splitting up. my dad is now 40 n still on the weed and it has never affected him in anyway or caused any arguments what so ever. i now smoke it myself wuth friends n find it a good way to relax.

anyone who comes here n says it's safe to drink.. but slams smoking weed really need to open your ****in eyes n see what it does to people, put yourself in my shoes i'm sure your opinions wud chnge

sorry i have a strong view of people who take drugs as second class human beings, and if you need something like that to have fun, or feel good generally you're scum. many may argue it isn't all that bad but due to drugs my aunt was beaten by my uncle, who was shot with a crossbow by his dealer in hospital in london 1996, since then i hate drugs and anyone who takes them.

sorry i hate to sound like a nazi but after my experience with family and the problems it caused. i would never try or hang out with anyone into such things.