Halo 2 Leaked...

I downloaded halo 2 lets see how long it takes microsoft to sue me

584735258[/snapback]

Since you're using Windows they are punishing you ... so, they don't need to sue you.

oh well i wont dl it i never even liked halo 1, i think im the only xbox owner with out halo... :devil:

584735311[/snapback]

you are not alone :devil:

but i would consider this one.. too bad it's only french audio... my french sucks! :shifty: :whistle:

What do you mean by Nuked (I tried using Nforce before but it was too complicated with no one being able to help me, so I stuck to Xbins and suprnova)

584735312[/snapback]

By nuked he meant nuked.

At least try to learn some of the basic terms when you fuċk around with warez.

:cry:  I want that game , i know where to download it but i don't do it  :cry:

584735378[/snapback]

What's stopping you?

Your conscience?

Get it & buy it (which, nowadays, are two different things), no harm done.

Since you're using Windows they are punishing you ... so, they don't need to sue you.

584735388[/snapback]

Indeed, lol :rofl:

Nuked usually means a bad rip or it doesnt work right or missing stuff, and when its nuked they usually "flame" the group for a bad release

584735404[/snapback]

Huh?

Check that link earlier in my post ;)

Nuking is there to stop distribution of fuċked up or crappy releases.

And since it's done on a site based level (thus by a single or very small circle of person(s)), how should there be 'flaming' involved?

Nuking is there to stop distribution of fuċked up or crappy releases.

And since it's done on a site based level (thus by a single or very small circle of person(s)), how should there be 'flaming' involved?

584735419[/snapback]

thats what i was trying to say

read this earlier on bbc news :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3743110.stm

and i quote :

" We consider downloading this code or making it available for others to download as theft," said the company in a statement "

All of you who have stated that you have downloaded it might want to edit your post as if microsoft did pursue everyone who downloaded it then neowin would have no choice but to hand your information to microsoft in a court of law :no:

what the **** is dvd 5 and 9, are they regions?

584735465[/snapback]

dvd9 is like when a dvd has 2 layers on it .. so you can store a lot more then a "regular" dvd5.. which is only 1 layer.. that's about 4.7gb as we know.. dvd9 is about double.. or something like that :p

584735465[/snapback]

DVDs can either have one or two layers. DVD5 can hold 4.7 GB of data, and DVD9 can hold twice that much. The reason that DVD9 is bad when it comes to pirating is that household DVD burners cannot burn dual-layer DVDs.

584735465[/snapback]

DVD5 is a single layered DVD that holds ~4.7GB of data.

DVD9 is a dual-layered disc holding more than 9GB.

Edit:

DVDs can either have one or two layers. DVD5 can hold 4.7 GB of data, and DVD9 can hold twice that much. The reason that DVD9 is bad when it comes to pirating is that household DVD burners cannot burn dual-layer DVDs.

584735490[/snapback]

Actually there are dual layer burners now :p

Theres a dvd9 to dvd5 converter included ive heard  :ninja:

584735491[/snapback]

All the converter does is get rid of a pretty large movie file that no one wants to watch (attractions) so that the whole thing can be burned onto a DVD5 disk.

Theres a dvd9 to dvd5 converter included ive heard  :ninja:

584735491[/snapback]

that's true.. i think it was dvd9.. but by removing 1 video file (a big one i think) they could get it to 4.7gb .. and then it's a dvd5 ;)

thats what i was trying to say

584735449[/snapback]

Oops, sorry ;)

Didn't mean to sound rude...

All of you who have stated that you have downloaded it might want to edit your post as if microsoft did pursue everyone who downloaded it then neowin would have no choice but to hand your information to microsoft in a court of law  :no:

584735464[/snapback]

Because Microsofts PR guys now make the law? :rolleyes:

If I downloaded it I did only that.

If I buy stolen goods, am I a thief?

It's always the same basic debate all over again ;)

584735465[/snapback]

DVD 5 = Just one layer, one side. About 5GiB of data fit on one (hence the name)

DVD 9 = Two layers on one side. About 9GiB of data fit on there (etc.)

DVD 10, DVD 18, go figure ;)

//e: Holy sh?t! 6 posts about this one while I was writing:woot::

//e: Holy sh?t! 6 posts about this one while I was writing:woot::

584735510[/snapback]

Yeah, you've gotta be fast here on neowin. But then again, you would know that having been the 5th person to sign up.:pp

and I love how he is bypassing the filters :whistle:

Microsoft can come after me if they want. But sadly they would find nothing. I'm a true loyal fan to bungie and I have not downloaded the release (partially because I was at school all day and couldn't find it anymore when I came home but I guess I could applaud the big M and Bungie for stopping the hosts.....I guess.....*tear*)

Personally, Ill buy it. If you enjoy a game you really should. Not that Im an angel, but the amount of money that goes into some of these games is only rivaled by major motion pictures. These guys need jobs too so they can buy pizza, and the box for the pizza is made by a paper maker, and the sauce is made by the tomato farmers, and delivered by the guy that would probably download the game. Anyway its good for the economy to support those who work hard to bring you cool games. If it was ALL free, no doubt the quality would not be there. If free quality was availavle then where is it?

Anyway, id still like to see some screenshots ;)

Ummm....those screenshotes are more of 'renders' I would say. The Xbox version doesn't look THAT good (sadly).

But like I said before, in response to this leak, I finished my pre-order on Halo 2 (put the other CAN$50.46 down) and walked away with a smile.

Yeah, you've gotta be fast here on neowin. But then again, you would know that having been the 5th person to sign up. :p

584735526[/snapback]

Indeed :happy:

Anyway, I'd be happy to see a PC version of this some day - SO GUY BUY IT EVERYONE! :p

(Considering it runs on the same xbox hardware as Halo 1, I'm hoping perhaps this time they manage to not totally screw up the PC version ;))