Got to love the RedSox/Yankees rivalry

I'm a Yankee fan and am scared of the Sox this year. Schilling is outright awesome and Wakefield always manages to own us. It's going to be a good series, but I have my doubts about the Yanks. They have no pitching what so ever, right now, and the Bosox have some really explosive hitters.

This is going to be an awesome series. I hate the Yankees, they always find some irritating way to win. And I already know FOX is going to over-dramatize the Rivera situation (don't get me wrong, it was horrible what happened, but FOX shouldn't make people dying a side-story to a baseball game).

In the words of Curt Schilling, I hope Boston "shuts up" those damn Yankees.

This is going to be an awesome series. I hate the Yankees, they always find some irritating way to win. And I already know FOX is going to over-dramatize the Rivera situation (don't get me wrong, it was horrible what happened, but FOX shouldn't make people dying a side-story to a baseball game).

In the words of Curt Schilling, I hope Boston "shuts up" those damn Yankees.

584716777[/snapback]

1) Fox is going to, most likely, focus on the spat last year between Pedro and Zimmer

2) Even if they do lose, one playoff loss is going to "shut up" the yanks. Not after how many years of smacking around the sox.

i just want you all to be aware of how much of a yankees suck up tim mccarver is. its amazing how he extolls the greatness of the yankees and mentions the red soxs as an afterthought. just pay attention i am sure he will not let me down during this series as he didn't last year. i swear that dude is on the yankee payroll.

go red sox!!

1) Fox is going to, most likely, focus on the spat last year between Pedro and Zimmer

2) Even if they do lose, one playoff loss is going to "shut up" the yanks. Not after how many years of smacking around the sox.

584716794[/snapback]

Why would they focus on Pedro vs. Zimmer? Zimmer isn't even THERE anymore, let alone they beat that horse to death during last year's ALCS. If anything, they will look at A-Rod vs. Varitek, but I still think they will make sure to pound in the Rivera thing pretty hard. They did it tonight in the Braves/Astros game with Ken Caminiti. It probably doesn't bother too many other people or they don't even notice, but it bothers me. It's like they don't know how to discern real life from sports. Just my opinion.

As for the other statement...oh well. In the immortal words of Chris Tucker AKA Smokey "Why you gotta bring up ol' ****?"

:)

sox in 6.

on another note: anyone see the pregame production? they are saying the red sox are the rebels and the yankees the empire but they have the bats/lightsaber colors backwards. red sox are sporting red ones and the yankees blue ones. i know its cuz of team colors but i found it amusing.

I love how people seem to think the Yankees are the bad team in this series because of how much they spend. Boston isn't exactly a small market team there either. They aren't rebels. They are just like the Yankees only with less wins.