Apple iPod Photo

index34ths10262004.jpg

A delight for the ears. A feast for the eyes. Though it?s no bigger than a pack of playing cards and weighs in at just over 6 ounces, iPod Photo delivers a one-two sensory punch. Letting you carry an entire library of your favorite music ? up to 15,000 songs ? or enough photos ? as many as 25,000 ? to fill nearly 200 slide trays or cover nearly 5,000 square feet of wall space. Got a really big den?

http://www.apple.com/ipodphoto/

60gb! woo!

software update says my software is up to date... i guess apple hasn't updated that yet.

features i want already: instead of just a colored navigation menu, add a "frosted", user-selected wallpaper.

60Gb...and 15 hour battery life...

I'll be the first to say "daaaaaaamn". Too bad I'm a damn cheapskate and would rather continue using my 7 hour 3G 20GB iPod than get a new color iPod.

I guess this should be in BPN... :)

584810091[/snapback]

I don't think so... this is Apple Hardware Discussion... but the press release could be!

i don't really see the appeal in having photos on the ipod like this... a color screen is certainly nice, but i'd have issues with spending the additional $100 for that

I think it's sweet being able to have the iPod in color and having your photos with you wherever you go. It's very convenient and works out nicely.

The album art is a cool addition too. :D

This is at the top of my want list.

well i guess on my opinion thats a pretty pointless feature to have on a music player, but then again is Apple we're talking about, the Mac fans are going to take this with great pride and respect and say "omg i got teh pixs on my ipod". Great player, horrible feature, but adding color to it is pretty sweet....

60gb!  woo!

software update says my software is up to date...  i guess apple hasn't updated that yet.

features i want already: instead of just a colored navigation menu, add a "frosted", user-selected wallpaper.

584810087[/snapback]

I just downloaded 4.7.0.42 from the apple download site.

Now, just wait for the 4G iPod owners to start complaining that Apple doesn't update 4G iPod firmwares! Just think of having "Scrolling titles during music navigation for songs, albums, and artists" and "Improved battery life for up to 15 hours of music playback" with just that firmware. ;)

Hmm I considered returning my 40GB and getting a photo one but its a pointless feature because I dont want to carry my pictures with me and lets say I would even lose it... someone has all my pictures then. I wouldn't like that. It's thicker too. The only plus for me is a color screen and 3 extra hours of battery life I suppose.

*hugs 40gb*

well incase anyone is not reading both threads i ordered the 60, and anyone who is complain about the fact they just ordered the 4g, you arent losing any value, the photo adds 100 to the price. but the idea of playing color solitare :p, i cant wait for it to get here