Apple iPod Photo

Well, I ordered mine. The thing that sold my wife was not that you can view pics on the iPod but you can hook it to your TV and have a slide show. We have a 14 month old and people (family) want to see pics of him all the time. So she thought this would be great. So she told me to give my Gen 2 to my 11 year old and get this one. I am not to hot on the price though as you can see. I got the 40 gig one btw.

ipod.jpg

Just got mine, too :D

584829991[/snapback]

What reason made you blow that much money? It can't be because of the photo viewing can it? 60 gig + 15 hour battery life I can see being a boon, but photo viewing seems like a waste to me (maybe if they included a media reader to dump the images off it would be worthwhile).

What reason made you blow that much money?  It can't be because of the photo viewing can it?  60 gig + 15 hour battery life I can see being a boon, but photo viewing seems like a waste to me (maybe if they included a media reader to dump the images off it would be worthwhile).

584830009[/snapback]

just because it's a waste to you doesn't mean it's a waste to everybody. you are not the center of the universe; please get over yourself.

just because it's a waste to you doesn't mean it's a waste to everybody.  you are not the center of the universe; please get over yourself.

584830076[/snapback]

Which is why I asked him why he felt it was worth the money. Curiosity you know? :laugh:

Which is why I asked him why he felt it was worth the money.  Curiosity you know? :laugh:

584830085[/snapback]

doesn't sound like curiosity... sounds like you're trying to take a swipe at his decision.

What reason made you blow that much money?  It can't be because of the photo viewing can it?  60 gig + 15 hour battery life I can see being a boon, but photo viewing seems like a waste to me (maybe if they included a media reader to dump the images off it would be worthwhile).

584830009[/snapback]

Becuase I can finally auto-sync with all my available music and have it with me in the car. Plus there are a few things I've been craving from the click wheel firmware that the mini didn't have (shuffle songs, multiple on-the-go playlists). Plus, I've been working on album art for all my music for a while now, so this just adds to the benefit.

For me, at least, it makes some sense.

Somehow those really caught my attention. I want some for my iPod mini. :laugh:

584833984[/snapback]

If it's for real they should really pay Kevin Rose from G4TTV since he was doing that with his mini from day 1 on the show. :laugh:

I just got my first iPod today. It's a 20GB 4th Gen iPod. I have a question: do I have to calibrate the battery before I use it? What I did was to connect it to my Powerbook until the indicator said that the iPod is charged.

I just got my first iPod today. It's a 20GB 4th Gen iPod. I have a question: do I have to calibrate the battery before I use it? What I did was to connect it to my Powerbook until the indicator said that the iPod is charged.

584836868[/snapback]

You should be good to go if it is fully charged. Just be sure to use up the entire battery power before you charge it again. That will give your battery a longer running-time. ;)

You should be good to go if it is fully charged. Just be sure to use up the entire battery power before you charge it again. That will give your battery a longer running-time. ;)

584839007[/snapback]

No thats only for Nickel Cadmium batteries.