Apple iPod Photo

In my opinions, I think this iPod Photo is just a waste. Aside from its beautiful new Colour-screen integration, everything else is just a wasted add-on. Photos, come on, I don't know anyone who looks at photos every single day, and especially in that little tiny screen. Why not just upload them on your computer, and view it? or just view it on your digital camera? with that little LCD screen. Anyways, I guess they are trying to add new functionality, I understand. For battery life part, finally they increased. Disappointedly, it only increased 3 more hours :( For dimensions, it's heavier than the 40GB 4G and a bit thicker, for me I don't know. It's already somewhat big as a music player to carry around with my 20GB, I wonder...

Aside from that, it's not too bad of an improvement. I really love the Colour screen. I would've gotten this new iPod if it had a 20GB one, same features as 4G, but with colour screen. I wouldn't mind like an extra $30 from it. However, there's only a 40GB and a 60GB model. To me, 20GB was already MORE THAN HELL ENOUGH.

That's jusy my opinion. Thank you!

dL

I like the color screen, but i dont see any point in photo viewing, the screen is just to small (but note, i dont know the resolution)

One feature i would like to see (but it would probably make the ipod end up with a 5 minute battery life :D ) is visulizations for the song your playing. pointless, but cool.

they should leave the click-wheel where it is, and bringback the 4 buttons that the 3g had. now you have a color screen ipod, with click wheel and dedicated volume controls.

they should leave the click-wheel where it is, and bringback the 4 buttons that the 3g had.  now you have a color screen ipod, with click wheel and dedicated volume controls.

584813630[/snapback]

They want the simplicity look of the iPod.

dL

As a person who has never owned an iPod or any mp3 player for that matter, this is appealing to me right now. Although a bit steep in price, I've held off on buying an iPod, waiting for a version to come out that I actually REALLY want. And this looks like its going to tip the scale for me. I have a lot of photos that I'd like to share with family and friends, and this looks like a good way to do that, in addition to being an mp3 player. Sure, I can also share photos using my digicam, but I don't want to carry that around AND an iPod if i wanted to listen to music as well. Smart move on apple's part (imo). The birthday is coming up. This would be a good present to ask. :D

"So son, what do you want for your birthday?"

"An $800 music player with a colour screen."

"Your getting a cd player."

!!!

Dont you notice how thick the 60GB is? its like 2 20GBs put one on top of the other!

!!!

Dont you notice how thick the 60GB is?  its like 2 20GBs put one on top of the other!

584817280[/snapback]

Its not that thick is it? I thought it was thicker by like.. a couple millimeters.. not an inch... :huh:

!!!

Dont you notice how thick the 60GB is?  its like 2 20GBs put one on top of the other!

584817280[/snapback]

Right, so you pulled that figure out of your ass. Yeah?

4G Greyscale 40GB = 17.52mm thick

4g Color 40GB = 19.05mm thick

That's a whopping 1.53mm difference, not quite twice as thick as you so ridiculously claimed :rolleyes: :sleep:

Right, so you pulled that figure out of your ass. Yeah?

4G Greyscale 40GB = 17.52mm thick

4g Color 40GB = 19.05mm thick

That's a whopping 1.53mm difference, not quite twice as thick as you so ridiculously claimed :rolleyes:  :sleep:

584817522[/snapback]

Dominated.

I find the idea of a 60gb iPod really nice and the color screen is cool and everything, but then it begins to feel a bit too cumbersome. I mean, the iPod 4G is so nice becuase it is simple and doesn't have much bloat. The new interface with all the colors and album art, while cool, doesn't seem as 'light' as the original.

I would like to see a 60gb standard out there with that 17.52mm width.

Either way, I won't be getting a replacement until I graduate in June. (Can you say, G5, powerbook, cinema display and ipod all at once?)

In my opinions, I think this iPod Photo is just a waste.  Aside from its beautiful new Colour-screen integration, everything else is just a wasted add-on.  Photos, come on, I don't know anyone who looks at photos every single day, and especially in that little tiny screen.  Why not just upload them on your computer, and view it? or just view it on your digital camera?

584813353[/snapback]

Apple didn't add the color screen for the sole purpose of photo viewing. Let's face it, color screen is a definite trend and adding it to iPod is just a matter of time. All Apple did this time was to make the best out of it by adding the photo viewing function to it. C'mon, what else could that have done to utilize the color screen better? Pr0n on the go?

Apple should have called it "iPod Color" and there won't be so many people bitching about it.

Having said that, I still would prefer a lower-priced iPod than a color screen.

Apple didn't add the color screen for the sole purpose of photo viewing. Let's face it, color screen is a definite trend and adding it to iPod is just a matter of time. All Apple did this time was to make the best out of it by adding the photo viewing function to it. C'mon, what else could that have done to utilize the color screen better? Pr0n on the go?

Apple should have called it "iPod Color" and there won't be so many people bitching about it.

Having said that, I still would prefer a lower-priced iPod than a color screen.

584823591[/snapback]

...iPod Colour :happy: :laugh: :p

I guess the extra would be ANOTHER reason why we pay the massive markup? :rolleyes: :(

Whoo. Another line of iSkins coming soon. :p

Personally, I don't like how all the new iPods have been turning out. This is, because I'm so attached to my 3g I couldn't let anything replace it. :blush:

well im just excited at the prospect of me getting a 4g for xmas this year. it sounds like it will become more than just a mp3 player, lol.

i really like the colour version, i think its sweet. but i think the photo thing should just be an addon like someone else said. they should upgrade the whole series with the colour screens and just make the photo software like optional.