[NCAA] Best Team in the Nation

Who is the best team in the Nation? And let us know why...  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best team in the Nation? And let us know why...

• USC
    • Oklahoma
    • Auburn
    • Wisconsin
    • Utah
    • Boise St
    • Georgia
    • Michigan

I vote Auburn. IF they can get by the SEC Championship game.  :D

584869699[/snapback]

i agree. auburn is #1 right, BUT, they do also have the hardest remaining schedule. there is a good chance they could slip. but if they don't, their SOS could move them past OU...

@deceased_which_appreciates

i agree.  and thats why there shouldn't be a preseason poll.  those polls are based on nothing but opinion, but when the season actually starts, they get teams "stuck" in certain positions.  just because USC shared the NC last year does not mean they are the #1 team this year.  players graduate, things change, etc.

584847020[/snapback]

Yup. And in the VERY weak Pac 10, it's almost a given that they'll win-out the season. USC earned it last year. But this year, they have played like crap against lesser teams. IMO, OU and Auburn are tops right now. Wisc could be up there, but I don't think they can win out the season. ESPECIALLY playing the last game of the season AT Iowa, where the Hawks haven't lost in 2+ years.

lol, i just noticed 4 people voted for michigan...i'm the biggest michigan freak here, but they shouldn't be #1 ;)

i'm still hoping, somehow, someway, USC will lose one. and OU. how ****ed would a lot of people be if it was a wisky/auburn championship....

since wisky doesn't play mich, i don't mind wisky winning out, cuz i like when the big10 is represented well, but i don't know if they will make it past minny, iowa, and northwestern i think.

interesting topics this week. i agree about jason campbell, much better than last year.

i don't think there will be five undefeateds. they look at the good teams vs. the crappy teams, and say there's no way they'll lose, but then look at florida st and miami. no matter how impossible it seems on paper, it WILL happen, it always does.

honestly, i think the bcs rankings make more sense than the human polls, but because the bcs is affected so much by the human polls, and the human polls are SO wrong, it also makes the BCS poll look bad.

make a good computer system and stick with it. that way there will be no east coast/west coast bias. computers can view all sorts of data, while most people who vote only see a few of the dozens of games played every weekend. does it make any sense to have georgia above tenn in either poll? do any of the voters have the guts to look past how last season ended, and vote purely on this year? the answer to those questions is no.

yeah, hopefully the voters will step up, and move OU down. back to back weeks of getting lucky. not impressive at all. and wisky needs to jump cal in the BCS too. if that duck TE catches the ball, the ducks have at most a 35yd game winning field goal.

OU will not move down, the BCS will not allow it. The only way a team can move up on the standings, is if the teams ranked higher lose. If OU wins the rest of their games by 3 points, they still will remain #2.

#3 Auburn vs. #5 Georgia Next Saturday night :shifty:

OU will not move down, the BCS will not allow it.  The only way a team can move up on the standings, is if the teams ranked higher lose.  If OU wins the rest of their games by 3 points, they still will remain #2.

584881593[/snapback]

you are right...but thats just wrong. we need a friggin playoff...

I agree that we need a playoff system with the top 8 BCS teams facing off in a playoff. The format could be as follows:

#1 vs. #8

#4 vs. #5

#3 vs. #6

#2 vs. #7

In that format, the team ranked higher gets to play at home and the championship game will be in whatever field the NCAA designated at the start. I just don't see how they don't have the brains to make something like that :no:

i agree with the playoff system, but i think it should be more like basketball.. 16 teams, the 11 major conference champs all get a bid, and the 5 remaining bids are at-large

584881593[/snapback]

Yep, and Ill be there, baby. War Eagle!

God, I hope Auburn wins. I'm so sick of hearing ESPN and CBS think he's the greatest QB in all of the land.

I'll be at the ND-USC game on the 27th...Go Irish!!

By the way, USC has had to squeak some games out, too, this year. If anyone should be #1 it's Auburn.

History doesn't look good for Auburn. Here's the outcome of the games since 1992. The visiting team has won it 9 times! Also, David Greene has a 14-1 road record (eventhough they don't count the UF games for some reason).

AU vs UGA since 1992

1992 UGA wins at AU

1993 AU wins at UGA

1994 Tie

1995 AU wins at UGA

1996 UGA wins at AU

1997 AU wins at UGA

1998 UGA wins at AU

1999 AU wins at UGA

2000 AU wins at AU

2001 AU wins at UGA

2002 UGA wins at AU

2003 UGA wins at UGA

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

and i sold my ticket today for $150.. payed $75 for the whole season. =]

584888759[/snapback]

dude....why did you sell? i hope you have a good excuse...

honestly, i want georgia to win too, but i also have never been impressed by greene...which is weird since he's won 40 games...

dude....why did you sell?  i hope you have a good excuse...

honestly, i want georgia to win too, but i also have never been impressed by greene...which is weird since he's won 40 games...

584888783[/snapback]

sold because im not a college fan at heart. i pull for the school i go to, but when i can make that kind of profit, im not gonna turn it down.. plus, i dont get off work til 2, and getting to the stadium is absolute hell.. plus, im going to the falcons game sunday, so ill use that money for gas, subway tix, concessions, etc.. i did go to the auburn/lsu game though.. only got a $50 offer for that ticket

do you guys believe me now? i've been preaching this for weeks. lets recap: usc stuggles with VT, stanford, cal, oregon st. OK struggles with A&M, OSU, kansas st., texas was pretty close, etc. auburn's only close game came against a then top ranked LSU team. and this is coming from someone who hates the SEC...

but there's at least one less unbeaten. that michigan st. team can be very tough, especially with stanton as qb. they aren't even close to being the same team that lost to rutgers first game of the year.

my top 3 are still Auburn, USC, OK.