[NCAA] Best Team in the Nation

Who is the best team in the Nation? And let us know why...  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best team in the Nation? And let us know why...

• USC
    • Oklahoma
    • Auburn
    • Wisconsin
    • Utah
    • Boise St
    • Georgia
    • Michigan

They will not move up to #2, believe me. They need OU (next week) or USC to lose so they can hop up into the top 2, otherwise, they will remain third.

P.S. What a bad performance by Wisconsin :/

msu is the best 5-5 team in the country though :p

seriously, if they had stanton at the beginning of the year, msu could be like 8-2 right now...

msu is the best 5-5 team in the country though :p

seriously, if they had stanton at the beginning of the year, msu could be like 8-2 right now...

584917051[/snapback]

I'll take yor word for it. ;)

i really dont see how auburn couldnt move up to #2 after that.. but even if we dont this week.. auburns next 2 games are against alabama and tennessee (most likely) .. whereas oklahoma plays baylor and the big 12 north winner (no one is better than 6-4 right now) .. so that should move auburn up if we should win out.. now, if one of the top 2 would just lose.. it would all be taken care of

That was by far the loudest game I have ever been to. The stadium was rocking the entire first half. Evene with 2:23 left in the game, up by 24 points, every Auburn fan was on their feet hoping to hand Richt his first shutout.

It should be mandatory to have a conference championship. USC has it so easy, while teams like Auburn have to play another ranked opponent. It can work both ways, I understand that, but it just isn't right.

Auburn is one of the best out there. I'll start watching other teams more now that WVU has no passion to play football this year. WTG Coaching.

But I don't think anyone is going to knock USC off. They're too consistent (and great "come back from behind" ability).

It should be mandatory to have a conference championship. USC has it so easy, while teams like Auburn have to play another ranked opponent. It can work both ways, I understand that, but it just isn't right.

584919882[/snapback]

I agree. All the major BCS conferences should have to play a championship game.

It cost the Vols a shot at Miami in the 2001 NC.

well the polls are out. looks like some of the voters finally had the guts to move auburn up. tied for 2nd in AP, 2pts behind in coaches.

i don't really like conference championships, but it does make for an uneven playing field.

CCG are all about the $$$, thats why they were invented. people try to make them sound like they are so great, and everything, and that the big 10 and pac 10 are stupid for not having one, but CCG's have only been around for a few years, they aren't the standard yet. i like knowing that if mich runs the table, they won't have to deal with one more tough opponent before the bowl games.

the only reason why it makes the big ten look bad is that iowa and tOSU didn't play each other in 2002, and had wisky not lost, there could have been another tie this year (there still could be). but thats pure random luck that it works out that way, because of the way the schedules are made.

I think that's the point that all of us that have championship games hate. We have to play that one extra game that is usually a very possible loss. The conferences that have to play in these games feel like if we have to play in one so should everyone else. I do think it makes it more fair where the top two teams may not play each other during the regular season.

but thats not the big 10/pac 10s fault that your conference is a money ######, and gave into the networks idea of having a CCG, know what i mean?

but thats not the big 10/pac 10s fault that your conference is a money ######, and gave into the networks idea of having a CCG, know what i mean?

584921220[/snapback]

I didn't say it was anybody's fault...I just don't like it. :cool:

I just wish all conferences would either have them or all would not have them. I could go either way. I guess the positive is it's fun to make that trip in December when your team makes it to the championship game.

I didn't say it was anybody's fault...I just don't like it.  :cool:

I just wish all conferences would either have them or all would not have them. I could go either way. I guess the positive is it's fun to make that trip in December when your team makes it to the championship game.

584921243[/snapback]

i know, i'm just saying... :p

people usually put the blame on the big10/pac10 though, and it gets annoying.

i really don't care either way either....

Conference championship games are becoming necessary. There are too many teams in one conference. How can someone say (don't hate me for this, Bro ;) ) Michigan is the BIG 10 champion if they don't even play every single team in the conference?

On the flip-side, look at the SEC. You've got 12 teams, 6 in the West, 6 in the East. Obviously, Florida cannot play 11 conference games in one year (the NCAA has strict scheduling procedures as far as number of conference games, out-of-conference games, etc.)

So, while it does provide for a good deposit in the bank, it also provides for good football and a proper distinction of a conference champion. The problem that arises is a team like Auburn looks out west and sees USC sitting pretty while they have to get prepared to face a team they've already beaten once this year (we all know it's difficult to beat a team twice in one year, too).

I would love to see USC play Cal again for the Pac 10 championship. Or Michigan play Wisconsin or Iowa.

I agree, it is not the conference that is fully at fault, however, the conference also doesn't want to jeopardize their chance of getting a team into the NC either ;)

exactly, it makes it that much harder to get a team into the NC, and we know that conferences want their team in an NC, cuz that brings lots of money. but not every conference gets a team in the NC every year, but a CCG is guaranteed every year, and when you have a network offering to pay you $$$ for a CCG, you are going to do it. unfortunately, these CCG's all originated over the conferences wanting money the networkds were offerering them.

although, if the big 10 does get a 12th team, we probably will get a CCG...it's just a matter of time.

exactly, it makes it that much harder to get a team into the NC, and we know that conferences want their team in an NC, cuz that brings lots of money. but not every conference gets a team in the NC every year, but a CCG is guaranteed every year, and when you have a network offering to pay you $$$ for a CCG, you are going to do it.  unfortunately, these CCG's all originated over the conferences wanting money the networkds were offerering them. 

although, if the big 10 does get a 12th team, we probably will get a CCG...it's just a matter of time.

584927216[/snapback]

Good post and I agree, money rules college football.

Let's also not forget the fact that you cannot simply say "Big 12 Championship Game" anymore, you have to include the "Dr. Pepper Big 12 Championship Game". Hmmm...just like bowl games.

Well, the BCS still has Oklahoma ahead by quite a few points - .9621 to .9350.

The biggest change on these BCS standings was Wisconsin going from 5th to 13th. Utah moved into 6th, less than .0100 away from fifth place Texas (don't know how Texas can be in 5th).

Here are the standings for those interested :)

Any comments?

I'm kind of surprised Florida State is above Boise State.

And of course the obvious, Auburn should be #1, they've only had 1 close game the entire year...and completely dominated the others.

as much as i hate FSU....boise st. BARELY beat san jose st, and BARELY beat tulsa. i'm sorry, i'm not knocking mid-majors, i think utah and louisville can compete, but boise st. doesn't even deserve to be in the top 25...

honestly, after the top 3, i think it's all a toss up.

let me start with cal. who have they beaten? nobody. cal's biggest argument is barely LOSING to USC...cal doens't have any impressive wins to show.

texas is a joke, imo, and should have lost to kansas. that was NOT pass interference, it's a first down, and the game is over, texas is a two loss team.

utah...man...such a mess. i don't want to play utah in a bowl game. if you lose to utah, you are the laughing stock of CFB, if you beat them, you just beat up on a poor mid-major school who shouldn't have been there in the first place

michigan...my team...2 freshman in key places. our defense has been succeptible to big plays, and although i think we are good, our best win is over a #18th ranked iowa.

the best rivaly in the history of sports is next weekend. it's all i care about. we win that one, and i get to go to the rose bowl again...