[NCAA] Best Team in the Nation

Who is the best team in the Nation? And let us know why...  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best team in the Nation? And let us know why...

• USC
    • Oklahoma
    • Auburn
    • Wisconsin
    • Utah
    • Boise St
    • Georgia
    • Michigan

you honestly believe that for boise st.? i have espn gameplan, and got to watch thier game against tulsa, and their game against san jose st. was televised too. they looked awful. they would get absolutely humiliated by anybody in the top 15, and would lose to anybody in the top 25. they just aren't in the same league. at least utah has beat some teams that are at least somewhat decent...

you honestly believe that for boise st.?  i have espn gameplan, and got to watch thier game against tulsa, and their game against san jose st. was televised too.  they looked awful.  they would get absolutely humiliated by anybody in the top 15, and would lose to anybody in the top 25.  they just aren't in the same league.  at least utah has beat some teams that are at least somewhat decent...

584931139[/snapback]

fine, let them get humiliated. at least they got a shot though. it is absolute bull**** that a team in the same division as the USCs, Oklahomas, Auburns, etc (i'm talking about NCAA Division 1-A, not conferences) can start a season knowing 100% that if they go undefeated, it wont even matter, they wont even have a shot at being champions. strength of schedule my ass. there has got to be a playoff. thats all there is to it. no argument can convince me otherwise.

i agree, a playoff is the only way to do it...

i dunno, i don't think there will ever be an answer.

i mean, even in the ncaa basketball tourney, you have all those weird teams from those weird conferences win their conference and get an automatic bid. and then you have a usually "strong" conference, who gets like 6 bids, but maybe the 7th team is pretty good too, but they don't go to the big dance.

hehe, now, after saying and rereading what i just typed above, i see what you mean about not losing. cuz even if that 7th place team in a good conference is better than crappy team in crappy conference who went undefeated, the crappy team did what you are supposed to do, and the 7th place team didn't, they lost several games.

haha, i'm just rambling now. basically, i think i'm trying to say there will never be a perfect situation, cuz even if we have an 8 team playoff, the #9-25 teams will still complain. but getting 8 teams in a playoff is better than just the 2 we have now.

fine, let them get humiliated. at least they got a shot though. it is absolute bull**** that a team in the same division as the USCs, Oklahomas, Auburns, etc (i'm talking about NCAA Division 1-A, not conferences) can start a season knowing 100% that if they go undefeated, it wont even matter, they wont even have a shot at being champions. strength of schedule my ass. there has got to be a playoff. thats all there is to it. no argument can convince me otherwise.

584931415[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it any better!

Lets take Texas for example. How in the blue heaven can Utah be ranked below Texas? That is an insult to Utah and a slap to the face of their players. Just because Texas is a known college football name doesn't mean that they should be put ahead of Utah.

This system has to go quicker than the speed of light. I won't rest my case until Utah gets 5th place where they deserve.

I won't rest my case until Utah gets 5th place where they deserve.

584935858[/snapback]

5th Place? Why not 4th ahead of Texas AND Cal?

it's just gonna be really interesting to watch that game...if utah goes to a bcs and gets blown out, than any mid-major school with dreams of going to a big game can kiss that dream goodbye.

USC had some close games this season. OU has had some close games. They were against opponents in their own conference, same as Boise State. Is it Boise's fault they are in the WAC? You can only play who is on your schedule.

To go undefeated is a difficult accomplishment no matter who you are. I wonder when the last time there were 2 undefeated teams? Or 5 for that matter. I think we'll end up with 2 undefeated teams after the season. I don't know how the anti-playoff people can argue that one.

Stoops argued his case last night saying that the Big 12 is a stronger conference than the SEC. "Look at the bottom four teams in both conferences, we have more wins. Look at the top four teams. You can't compare the two."

I guess he forgets what LSU did to him last season...

Looks like no one has love for Wisconsin when they also have a top RB named Anthony Davis who will rip your defense apart as well.  They have one of the best defenses in college football.  They sure get my vote.

584838941[/snapback]

LOL, go go Michigan State :yes:

Stoops argued his case last night saying that the Big 12 is a stronger conference than the SEC. "Look at the bottom four teams in both conferences, we have more wins. Look at the top four teams. You can't compare the two."

I guess he forgets what LSU did to him last season...

584937843[/snapback]

when/where did he say this?

he can't be serious about the big 12...look at the north...

The Big 12 North is a joke. ESPECIALLY if iowa state can win it with a .500 record, which they could.

In a "Normal" year, yeah the big 12 is stronger. But come on. Two teams that are usually pretty good, Nebrask and K State, are stinkin it up this year. Past Ok and Texas, all you really have are Texas AM and OK St, who are good, but not THAT good. SEC has Tenn, Aub, Geo and LSU, who are all fairly solid. I'd give it to the SEC

LOL, go go Michigan State  :yes:

584938574[/snapback]

:wacko:

5th Place? Why not 4th ahead of Texas AND Cal?
At least 5th place ;)
if utah goes to a bcs and gets blown out, than any mid-major school with dreams of going to a big game can kiss that dream goodbye.

They need a shot at it first ;)