Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

Hey guys!

I ended up buying the apple widescreen 20"

I LOVE IT.

I am sure the dell is great.

But, my apple has perfect backlighting, was shipped over night, and no dead pixels.

It takes getting used to, typing on such a huge screen.

This is definitely made for designers, as the resolution is so high.

If you are debating between the two, go with you instincts! Mine was the apple.

I am happy!

Ben

ok so i thought that LCD's size was measured horizontally compared to CRT's measured diagonally... am i wrong?

i was looking at the 2005's dimensions and dell claims 18.6" wide ... that would mean the diagonal is 20.1" right?

ok so i thought that LCD's size was measured horizontally compared to CRT's measured diagonally... am i wrong?

i was looking at the 2005's dimensions and dell claims 18.6" wide ... that would mean the diagonal is 20.1" right?

585952736[/snapback]

It is 20.1 Inches diagonally...

Getting mine on 5/26 from ebay purchase, keeping my fingers crossed. (100 % positive feedback on seller since 1999) $439 + 50 shipping etc..

How can I tell what revision it is?

Seller is sending me receipt. If I have problems with monitor and I have receipt and serial number, will there be any problems to get warranty repair?

oh, view size is 10.7x17

also, I have 9800 pro and driver is still at 4.12 I think. Why should I download newest driver if current one seems fine?

Thanks

Here's my update. This is the pic I posted earlier of my first monitor. The camera seemed to emphasize the problem but it was really bad. Spotlights on the corners that washed the monitor out badly on dark scenes and even in some lighter scenes in games. Movies were unwatchable. A01 April.

dell2005fpw-resize.JPG

I complained about the backlighting through email and got this one overnighted. It's a A01 May. I couldn't find dead pixels on either monitor using a program.

newdell.jpg

So I'm happy now.

I won't be getting mine for a couple of days. Now I have the ATI 9800 pro, but I noticed with the current driver,

I still can't set the screen resolution to 1680 X 1060. Or will I be able to install from CD when receiving monitor.

Just not quite clear on how or what my setting will be.

Once you plug in the monitor that resolution should show up.

I run 1680x1050 just fine when I plug the monitor into the DVI port on my laptop's docking station. The graphics chipset is a Radeon Mobility 9600. :) You might need to install the monitor.inf file off the CD perhaps.

You guys should upgrade your video cards! ;)

The 9800 is decent, but getting old! :p

Trust me, the 6800 GT Ultra looks MUCH nicer! :ninja: or if you're a die hard ATI fan, just go for the X800 XT. :devil:

The 9800 is decent, but getting old!  :p

Trust me, the 6800 GT Ultra looks MUCH nicer!  :ninja: or if you're a die hard ATI fan, just go for the X800 XT.  :devil:

585969134[/snapback]

9800 Pro is capable of most stuff I throw at it, actually.

Yes, there are better cards.

Why would I want to upgrade my graphics card?

1) it would have to be AGP

2) Im upgrading in a few months to AMD64 Setup, Thus, using PCI-E

So you see, pointless really.

A 9600/9600XT can run these fine.

The 9800 is decent, but getting old!  :p

Trust me, the 6800 GT Ultra looks MUCH nicer!  :ninja: or if you're a die hard ATI fan, just go for the X800 XT.  :devil:

585969134[/snapback]

Do you have money? Cause I do have a PayPal account if you want to make me a donation for my new video card. ;)

**** get real deal this is just a normal monitor like any other and will run fine with any gfx card

i was running it iwth a 3dfx banshee and a rage 128 pro both super fine and crisp. unnoticable difference between vga and dvi out on the mac mini

sold it now tho but i made 150 quid profit

i want another one

and when i had one i wanted another one....

So was there a problem with this site last night?

Oh by the way, the 35% off coupon code is no longer any good as of yesterday afternoon.

Getting mine today, will keep you informed.