Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

Just got mine as well, A02 for me too. Replacement came this morning (actually woke me up). Anyway I got a A02, no backlight bleeding or anything!

*Tries NOT to touch the screen and get it dirty*

586092578[/snapback]

When I get mine how do I tell which it is?

When I get mine how do I tell which it is?

586094315[/snapback]

On the back of the unit on the bottom right of the LCD Panel you will find a white sticker with the Revision number and month of manufacturing.

On the back of the unit on the bottom right of the LCD Panel you will find a white sticker with the Revision number and month of manufacturing.

586094364[/snapback]

Alright, thanks dude. Just on an unrelated matter I see u have to MX1000 Laser mouse. I was tossing up between the DiNovo Desktop with the MX900 mouse (?110) or the MX3100 Desktop with the MX1000 mouse (?75)... can you point me in the right direction coz I can't decid;);) Is the MX1000 mouse really that good?

Just got mine as well, A02 for me too. Replacement came this morning (actually woke me up). Anyway I got a A02, no backlight bleeding or anything!

*Tries NOT to touch the screen and get it dirty*

586092578[/snapback]

I have one dead pixel... almost in the middle of the screen.... but oh well, when it gets worse I'll exchange. Regarding the Warrantee, if you've purchased it from Dell, is the warrantee pretty much included? Or is there something you have to do?

I have one dead pixel... almost in the middle of the screen.... but oh well, when it gets worse I'll exchange. Regarding the Warrantee, if you've purchased it from Dell, is the warrantee pretty much included? Or is there something you have to do?

586094904[/snapback]

The warreny starts from the date on your invoice. You don't have to do anything.

Thanks for the confirmation, Steven. I look carefully at the "dead pixel" and found out that it was just a spec of dirt, so no dead pixels or backlight bleeding!

Thanks for the confirmation, Steven. I look carefully at the "dead pixel" and found out that it was just a spec of dirt, so no dead pixels or backlight bleeding!

586095080[/snapback]

congrats on the monitor it's freakin sweet huh. same happened with me, thought it was a dead pixel but just a piece of lint glowing purple because of the black light above my workstation.

I want one of these monitors so bad.  :yes: Im just waiting for the coupon codes to be released again!

586095374[/snapback]

go to ebay, you could probably find one for under $500.00 USD, thats how I got mine manufatured in may 05 Version A02 for $460 USD inculding shipping. good luck

go to ebay, you could probably find one for under $500.00 USD, thats how I got mine manufatured in may 05 Version A02 for $460 USD inculding shipping. good luck

586095479[/snapback]

or wait till dell puts it on sale for $396 USD again and get a REAL warranty with it? :\

congrats on the monitor it's freakin sweet huh. same happened with me, thought it was a dead pixel but just a piece of lint glowing purple because of the black light above my workstation.

586095363[/snapback]

Thanks! Yeah, it breaks your heart to see it, and you don't wanna touch it, then you think "oh what the heck" and wipe it with something and you find that it's just a little particle of somesort.

Well I know I got sort of ripped off with the price that I purchased mine for... ($749CND) compared to what most of the people here got it for... but I'm hoping in the end it'll be worth it.

I ordered mine on the 7th of June, but it never showed up for over a week, so I gave Dell Canada a call and apparently that had a production shortage, and that the CSR said that they'd be shipping out the LCD within another week and that it's coming directly form Texas... so I hope this means that I'm going to be getting a Rev. A02. Because I mean if they had A01 lying around... they would have sent that over.

Although I must admit, from looking at a few pictures posted around the net and from reading a few reviews as well I'm afraid I might find it to be a little small... or short rather. From what I know so far, due to the fact that the monitor is widescreen, you lose a few inches top and bottom (collectively). Does anyone here feel that they miss their conventional 4:3 CRT or LCD? This is going to be my first LCD ever... I've worked on LCD's before, my dad has a Latitude D600... but I must say that I?m pretty disappointed with the quality of the LCD on that laptop.

But I guess we'll see when it arrives... hopefully by the end of this week.

After looking at the 4:3 monitors/LCD's again, they look really boxy and square like you're missing something on the sides. I don't even have mine yet but that's the impression I get from looking at pictures of LCD's and I don't think I would be happy with a square one...

Although I must admit, from looking at a few pictures posted around the net and from reading a few reviews as well I'm afraid I might find it to be a little small... or short rather. From what I know so far, due to the fact that the monitor is widescreen, you lose a few inches top and bottom (collectively). Does anyone here feel that they miss their conventional 4:3 CRT or LCD? This is going to be my first LCD ever... I've worked on LCD's before, my dad has a Latitude D600... but I must say that I?m pretty disappointed with the quality of the LCD on that laptop.

I had a NEC 18" 1860nx (LCD) monitor. it was great, but no comparison. unless you have been using 24" or bigger. I won't go back to 4:3 unless I have no choice.

wowsers, 112 pages...

Well I am going to retract my statements about how poorly these monitors are built, cause mine is now going strong... had the one incident of weird blue screen, but now its flawless... Also, the stuck pixel I had disappeared, so I am really happy...

I love it... it is a tad bright, but my eyes have gotten used to it... I sit in front of it for 8-12 hours on work days, and 2-6 on weekends... (gotta love salary eh?) :p

RECIEVED! It's sweeeeeeet. It's a A01... doesn't appear to have any problems tho. OMG A DEAD PIXEL.... oh wait it's only a spec of dust... phew!

the only time you'll see those is if you watch movies. I watch a lot of movies on my 2005fpw and i have one little section of backlight near the top/middle of my screen, since the 2005fpw is 16:10 the backlight is pretty much always visible.

Basically, if you're gonna be watching movies on your 2005fpw, exchange it for another one, if youre going to mainly be doing "computer" stuff (applications/games) that arent going to have black bars the whole time, then decide whether you really want to go through the hassle of exchanging it. When i say "hassle" i dont really know how hard it is considering im still using the 2005fpw i received from day 1.

the only time you'll see those is if you watch movies. I watch a lot of movies on my 2005fpw and i have one little section of backlight near the top/middle of my screen, since the 2005fpw is 16:10 the backlight is pretty much always visible.

Basically, if you're gonna be watching movies on your 2005fpw, exchange it for another one, if youre going to mainly be doing "computer" stuff (applications/games) that arent going to have black bars the whole time, then decide whether you really want to go through the hassle of exchanging it. When i say "hassle" i dont really know how hard it is considering im still using the 2005fpw i received from day 1.

586101575[/snapback]

Yeah, one of the main uses will be movies. I'll look into it and consider what I want to do. I mean... what are the chances the next one's going to be any better?

get dell to send you another one, you don't have to return yours until you see the next one they send to you. mind you, you may have to pay shipping to return the faulty one.

Hey Guys,

Well my 2005FPW arrived yesterday after about 3 weeks of waiting? and what do I get for all that? a Rev. A01 May 05 Mexico build with quite a bit of backlight bleeding, although there were no dead pixels? at least none that I can see right now.

And yepp, it?s really really really bright. So much so in fact, that I had to turn the brightness on the LCD from 100 down to 0 and it was still kinda bright for me? so I had to turndown the brightness using my vid-card and all seems well now.

A thing to note is that on my Dell box there was a BIG sticker that clearly stated ?Made in Mexico? and ?Revision A01? so I don?t see how the Dell CSRs can say that they can?t tell which version of the monitor is inside the box.

I?ll be calling them up today when I get home and ask for a Rev. A02 replacement as well as post some pics for you guys to take a look at.