MX1000 vs MX510 Review

Mx510 is the best gaming mouse u can get, period. Its also the least durable gaming mouse tbh. I bought mine 2k4 jan and it died july, came with 3 yrs warrenty, so they replaced it, that one died in november. This was under heavy use though. But I bought another which died and was replaced last week. If u are into clanbase/CAL and competitive gaming, mx510/steelpad is your best bet, IMHO :) .

But just to let you know, if u buy a mx510, don;t buy expecting it to last for a long time, max a year, if u are lucky/

I just got the MX518 a couple of days a go, and I must say the mouse is awesome. They only problem I had was that it was too fast by default, so I changed some settings in the SetPoint and its perfect now. I do recommend changing the "Speed and Acceleration" in the "Mouse Game Settings" tab to "SetPoint implementation", because it misses when in "OS implementation". After changing it though, it is extremely smooth in games. This mouse is great and I give it a 9 out of 10. :D

The MX1000 is really awesome, much more responsive than the MX700 and I don't see the lag when i lift it up off the surface and put it back down :)

O btw, guys. Sorry I posted the above post in the wrong topic. I thoguht this was an MX518 topic. Could a mod please move it to the correct one please. Thanks.

lol this thread which i posted a long time ago still lives! muahahah. btw i still have my mx 510 /func mat and it still works great.

the mx1000 is laser and works on clear glass.

I like the shape, and hope they use the same shape in their lowerend wired mice.

585120722[/snapback]

Yes and if your optical mouse didn't work on your mouse pad good, or if you use it on aglossy surface the laser supposively can work on glossy and reflective surfaces as well. :) :D

just a little warning for those with the mx1000. I bought an all metal mouse pad from Allsop and it causes the mouse to act funny (lag...buttons get "stuck"...etc). I guess the metal has interferes with the RF transmission...so it probably would happen with any RF mouse.

Without the mouse pad...I have found nothing wrong with the mouse and it (IMO) is great for game play. Haven't seen any lag from it.

Hi, 2 days ago, i got the MX1000. It looked awesome, felt awesome in my hands, and tracked kinda awesome....

When i fisrt put it in, it jumped horrendously, especially when moving my mouse to the left and up. I installed the new drivers, and it still happend, although instead of going to the top of my screen like before, the cursor jumped about 1-2 cm on screen. OK so this got me kinda mad. 86 dollars for a mouse and its dysfunctional? ok so i looked around on the logitech forums, and it seemed that it was indeded defective, other people had my problem too.  Aside from that, i first thought that i couldnt tell it was wireless (onscreen i mean) but i went to go play some CS:S. WOW big difference. i could totaly tell it was wireless. maybe like extremely small difference, but it was their. it felt like the pointer was "Detatched" from me.

So today i go back to bestbuy, return my MX1000, get a MX510 for 30 dollars less, and am fully more satisfied with it. best mouse ever.

All the same functionality are there, execpt for the Tilt Wheel. Who the hell uses a tilt wheel to scroll sideways anyways? its just awkwards.

So i have my MX510, in this really kick ass red color, even more ergonomic in my big hands as the mx1000 was. No lag, awesome performance, and no jumping, and no defectiveness. nice mousesoftware too.

If you were deciding to get a mx1000 or a cheaper mx510, or you have a mx510 and were thinking about getting a mx1000, dont. stick with a mx510 or go and buy one ASAP . Theese things are major spiffy.

585019527[/snapback]

i just bought it a few hours ago and im having the same problem as you it jumps from the middle of the screen to the left side

Edit: i found this

Why does my mouse cursor occasionally jump to the top of the screen or act erratic at times?

Question

Why does my mouse cursor occasionally jump to the top of the screen or act erratic at times.

Answer

When connected to the USB port, the mice listed below may experience a jump in the mouse cursor or some erratic behavior from time to time. If your mouse is connected to the PS/2 port, you will not experience this problem.

* MX1000 Laser Mouse with a Receiver/Base Model Number (M/N): C-BN34

* MediaPlay Cordless Mouse (both Blue and Red) with a Dongle Receiver M/N: C-BS35

To resolve this issue, please download and install SetPoint version 2.14 or above. You can install the new version on top of the version you currently have installed. Alternatively, you can use your mouse on the PS/2 port.

damn, my laptop dosent have a ps/2 port

Edited by )(RockerBoy

Hi, 2 days ago, i got the MX1000. It looked awesome, felt awesome in my hands, and tracked kinda awesome....

When i fisrt put it in, it jumped horrendously, especially when moving my mouse to the left and up. I installed the new drivers, and it still happend, although instead of going to the top of my screen like before, the cursor jumped about 1-2 cm on screen. OK so this got me kinda mad. 86 dollars for a mouse and its dysfunctional? ok so i looked around on the logitech forums, and it seemed that it was indeded defective, other people had my problem too.  Aside from that, i first thought that i couldnt tell it was wireless (onscreen i mean) but i went to go play some CS:S. WOW big difference. i could totaly tell it was wireless. maybe like extremely small difference, but it was their. it felt like the pointer was "Detatched" from me.

So today i go back to bestbuy, return my MX1000, get a MX510 for 30 dollars less, and am fully more satisfied with it. best mouse ever.

All the same functionality are there, execpt for the Tilt Wheel. Who the hell uses a tilt wheel to scroll sideways anyways? its just awkwards.

So i have my MX510, in this really kick ass red color, even more ergonomic in my big hands as the mx1000 was. No lag, awesome performance, and no jumping, and no defectiveness. nice mousesoftware too.

If you were deciding to get a mx1000 or a cheaper mx510, or you have a mx510 and were thinking about getting a mx1000, dont. stick with a mx510 or go and buy one ASAP . Theese things are major spiffy.

585019527[/snapback]

Just got a MX1000 and I LOVE it. No problems whatsoever...

I've had about every logitech mouse there is to have (MX300, MX500, MX510, MX700, MX900 and a MX1000)

And I have to say that the MX510 beats the crap out of every other mouse out there (logitech or not)

If you are a gamer, forget about wireless mouses, go for a wire ... the MX700 and MX900 are simply not good for fast action games ...

That MX1000 is really a bad mouse, laser or not, it's not stable, skippes, can't handle lifting the mouse properly (it disables the laser when there's no reflection, and takes about 10ms to re-start) ....

Even when you think you have a good mouse, and it's not a MX510, go buy a MX510 and feel the difference ... i kid you not :)

MX510 is the only mouse worth talking about.

585139609[/snapback]

That is all BS. My MX700 was great in games. Better than a few corded opticals my friends have. You obviously have a trend to get defect mice.

the MX700 is easily the best wireless mouse out there (save for the MX1000's many problems I've heard about) there is no Lag on the MX700, the RF runs at the same frequency as USB (127mhz i believe?) so it's just like having a wire, no problems here...

But I was checking out the MX1000, i might hold off on it now though.

585223806[/snapback]

The MX700 is the best mouse EVER. Mines died yesterday and I wanted to buy it but they didnt have it and I got the MX1000.

Logitech is sending me a free MX-1000 to replace my semi-broken MX-700 mouse. I hope I'm as satisified with the 1000 as I am with the 700. :)

585644717[/snapback]

You will be :yes:

What about going from a 700 to a 1000?

585651932[/snapback]

I think I could help you there as I am doing this...

Its more or less the same thing. the 1000 is a bit bigger. If you have a somewhat large thumb, it may rub against the back/application switch/forward button and it could get annoying but youll get use to it. Also IMO Its more responsive than the MX700

And about the MX1000. Laser jsut means it works on more kinds of surfaces. It is still an optical mouse. Laser is just for selling.

AND, more important. MX1000 is ONLY 800 dpi, Razer Diamondback and MX 518 have 1600 dpi.

585730558[/snapback]

Optical = Lighted LEDs = Look into the leds wont hurt your eyes

Laser = Class 2 Laser beam = Look into the laser, you'll go blind.

Its very different and laser is more accurate. You have to think if laser at 800DPI is better than optical at 1600DPI....

Mx510 is the best gaming mouse u can get, period. Its also the least durable gaming mouse tbh. I bought mine 2k4 jan and it died july, came with 3 yrs warrenty, so they replaced it, that one died in november. This was under heavy use though. But I bought another which died and was replaced last week. If u are into clanbase/CAL and competitive gaming, mx510/steelpad is your best bet, IMHO  :)  .

But just to let you know, if u buy a mx510, don;t buy expecting it to last for a long time, max a year, if u are lucky/

585884088[/snapback]

...That makes no sense. You recommend a mouse that doesnt last long. Please use your brain and reread your posts.