PSP Review & HQ Pics

Piracy or not, it's a proprietary format. Reasons are useless when the simple facts are the same.

Don't like me quoting and replying to you? Stop posting. This is what a forum is.

585076141[/snapback]

What kind of idiotic comment is that, you very well i know I am right, you just don't want to admit it.

Don't bother responding, cause i ain't going to reply to your nonesense anylonger.

What kind of idiotic comment is that, you very well i know I am right, you just don't want to admit it.

Don't bother responding, cause i ain't going to reply to your nonesense anylonger.

585076158[/snapback]

Proprietary is proprietary. How is the reasoning behind it make it any better for the end user?

Really just sad now... Hasn't Manicdvln invaded and destroyed enough threads by now to deserve banning?

I haven't been able to read one good PSP thread without a huge flamewar yet.

On topic:

As far as I see it, the PSP is sleek and sexy, has a nice screen and functionality and will most likely have a large and quality library of games with time (based on Sony's past consoles and the developers already onboard). The price also looks like it will be spot on and the technology behind it is great with the MS/UMD combo.

The only thing that would hold me back is the battery-life issue. As long as we are reassured that they are going to be reasonable I'll be find.

With loading, I think it won't be much of an issue, especially once you save games on the sticks and developers create more optimized games.

Really just sad now... Hasn't Manicdvln invaded and destroyed enough threads by now to deserve banning?

585076362[/snapback]

I was just wondering the same thing :wacko:

The guy defends his points, and that's alright. But the way he hates everything not Nintendo gets old.

We gotcha, manic. Sony sucks and Nintendo is god. We understand.

On top of that, this response was not for you, so stop nosing in my business on every response

People can reply if they see fit, afterall, it is a message board. Just because a reply is directed towards one person in particular, doesn't mean that other people can't join in on the conversation.

You're arguments are weak Manic. Nintendo's memory cards are proprietary. I can pick up an SD card 64 times bigger than a memory card 51 for a few dollars less. Nintendo knew no one would buy their memory cards if they can find better value elsewhere so they ditched the SD memory slot idea.

Sony's Memory Stick Duo are manufactured by different companies. They are smaller than most (if not all) flash cards around, which makes sense to use for a portable device. Geez, it's not even that much more than an SD card.

No company would want their product to promote sales of a competitor's product anyway. This is not just Sony, but Nintendo, Microsoft and any other company who cares about a profit as well.

Gamecube propriety format is because of PIRACY issues, on top of that, nintendo has given license to many third parry accessory companies to make memories for GC, while PSP has only one, and that is Sony, and its reason isnt even about piracy since they allowing you to upload whatever you want. So what is the purpose? So they can support their crappy UMD format as well as their proprietary memory cards that no other non sony gadgets/appliances/electronic devices use.

585076074[/snapback]

MY GOD

YOU LINKED TO AN EBAY AUCTION WITH A MEMORY STICK MADE BY SANDISK SO WHAT THE HELL IS WITH:

while PSP has only one, and that is Sony

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

this guy needs a warn level, seriously. i just read all nine pages, and i feel like ripping my hair out.

he is consistently hypocritcal, consistently wrong, and consistently annoying.

the mods are doing fine, and you should be happy you are still here.

the psp looks so sweet...i'm definitely getting one now.

MY GOD

YOU LINKED TO AN EBAY AUCTION WITH A MEMORY STICK MADE BY SANDISK SO WHAT THE HELL IS WITH:

:woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:

585076542[/snapback]

Please do not write in caps.

Please do not write in caps.

585078002[/snapback]

if you stopped being wrong, we'd stop pointing out loudly how wrong you are.

pretty simple solution, if you ask me.

Is that a request or a demand? You obviously don't seem to be reading everyone (and your own!) posts in normal lowercase so I thought I'd spell it out a little clearer.

Here's another little tidbit regarding MP3 playback:

For managing files, the PSP supports a folder structure like mid- or high-class MP3 players. For example, you can throw a bunch of classical tunes into a folder named "classical" and also throw in a library of rock tracks under another folder named "rock" and then switch between playlists at will. The PSP also supports m3u playlists, so you can arrange your tracks in the order you prefer.

if you stopped being wrong, we'd stop pointing out loudly how wrong you are.

pretty simple solution, if you ask me.

585078157[/snapback]

YOU ARE WRONG! :angry:

Is that a request or a demand? You obviously don't seem to be reading everyone (and your own!) posts in normal lowercase so I thought I'd spell it out a little clearer.

Here's another little tidbit regarding MP3 playback:

585078162[/snapback]

When someone says please, it's a request. Also, please cite the sources of your information!! I can't stress this enough. Maybe I should start writing in caps too :yes:

When someone says please, it's a request. Also, please cite the sources of your information!! I can't stress this enough. Maybe I should start writing in caps too  :yes:

585078176[/snapback]

great idea! you start first!

please provide source of proof that ONLY sony makes memory sticks, as you have stated several times.

so far, the only usage i've seen for memory sticks are for sony cameras and their PDAs. if they were trying to spread the usage of these sticks so much, why didn't they offer some support on the ps2? it's obviously one of their best selling products, and it could have used cheap sticks (like 16MB or so) to save games. added functionality could be viewing images from the camera on the TV without hooking up extra cables- just put it in the ps2.

they could even have extended it to making some memory stick mp3 players (instead of making that extra-expensive memory stick duo one.)

sony's creating yet another new media format for it. they've already created so many- memory stick, memory stick duo, minidisc, the new high-capacity md, the new psp disc.

anyway, my question is: why do they bother? so many of these types of media could potentially overlap in usage that the company's practically competing against itself as well as other media formats.

they could probably use the hi-MD (or some variant) for the PSP, and let it play back some music (probably limited functionality though, maybe no recording, so they don't hamper MDplayer/recorder sales)

they could have used cheap memory sticks in ps2, have backwards compatibilty with ps1 save cartriges, and go only memory sticks by the ps3.

huh? what did that prove? prove to me that only sony manufactures MS, as thats what we were discucssing. you also still failed to cite the source of your information, as you deemed necessary.

Uhh, yes, this is a Duo. It's not created for the PSP, it's been out for a while, it's a reduced size Memory Stick. Exactly the same way as you have a MMC card and a RS-MMC (Reduced Size MMC). Exactly the same way as they're creating Mini SD as well, it's nothing strange. Not to mention that when you buy it the MS Duo comes with an adapter to use the Duo in devices that take the regular Memory stick.

So it's not new, it's not proprietry and you can use it on your Sony Digital Camcorder.

585067801[/snapback]

just to ad to this, the MS Duo's come with a special clip that goes over the MS Duo and turns it into a standard sized MS can can be used in older sony stuff. (The PSP's MSDUO does not come with this clip, only when you buy the clips seperate in shops)

Not to mention:

Nintendo using (really) proprietry memory = (Y)

Sony using (not really) proprietry memory = (N)

Nice one!!

585078293[/snapback]

Sony memory is proprietary, they have the patent for their crap format and NON sony products dont use it, even sony products between themselves use different kinds of memory.

On top of that, nintendo memory was made for one PURPOSE. Saving games, and to make sure it says like that for PIRACY issues, they had made their own format.

Sony PSP is simply a media player that can also play games, wowie! So they focing you like any other sony product to use their format of memory.

http://www.pricenetwork.ca/browse.php?c=117

No one Canadian store has ms duo stick in another brand. If you can find one IN CANADA. Please do so.

585078289[/snapback]

Here ya go:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ronics&n=172282

Amazon ship to Canada, and if that's not good enough for you:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...id=&newdeptid=2

What do I win?

just to ad to this, the MS Duo's come with a special clip that goes over the MS Duo and turns it into a standard sized MS can can be used in older sony stuff. (The PSP's MSDUO does not come with this clip, only when you buy the clips seperate in shops)

585078303[/snapback]

Coming from Sony, I am suprised they are not giving it out for free! Heaven forbid, a customer gets the upper hand!!!

Sony memory is proprietary, they have the patent for their crap format and NON sony products dont use it, even sony products between themselves use different kinds of memory.

On top of that, nintendo memory was made for one PURPOSE. Saving games, and to make sure it says like that for PIRACY issues, they had made their own format.

Sony PSP is simply a media player that can also play games, wowie! So they focing you like any other sony product to use their format of memory.

585078310[/snapback]

Haha, I'm sat here laughing, I really am.

http://www.memorystick.com/en/links/

Non Sony products there, not to mention you can buy Digital Cameras from different manufacturers which use MS.

You're fighting a losing battle and everyone here is laughing at you :rofl: good lucj trying to create a serious thread about anything DS related, it'll get slaughtered and I won't be there to clean it up :rofl:

Here ya go:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ronics&n=172282

Amazon ship to Canada, and if that's not good enough for you:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...id=&newdeptid=2

What do I win?

585078312[/snapback]

LOL, did you check the prices? ITS relatively equally prices as sony memory sticks! WHAT A BARGAIN THIS IS! THANK YOU DAZZLA, I AM SAVING 4$!

Gamecube propriety format is because of PIRACY issues, on top of that, nintendo has given license to many third parry accessory companies to make memories for GC, while PSP has only one, and that is Sony, and its reason isnt even about piracy since they allowing you to upload whatever you want. So what is the purpose? So they can support their crappy UMD format as well as their proprietary memory cards that no other non sony gadgets/appliances/electronic devices use.

585076074[/snapback]

you are so wrong.

e616 mobile phone from NEC - uses MS Duo

Last time I checked NEC wasnt Sony.

You are such a troll. Please do research before you shout stuff that is false