Logitech MX1000 Mouse

I have not had any........

585382839[/snapback]

Ok. I've heard that if you lift the mouse just a tiny bit the laser will shut down temporarily, is that true? And if that's the case, will it cause any big problems while gaming?

I also own this lil mouse and overall it's a kick-ass product, YET I gotta say the battery life is mediocre. I charge it every 3 even 2 days. Could have been better.

Ok. I've heard that if you lift the mouse just a tiny bit the laser will shut down temporarily, is that true? And if that's the case, will it cause any big problems while gaming?

585382848[/snapback]

well i've never noticed any problems, at all..

I also own this lil mouse and overall it's a kick-ass product, YET I gotta say the battery life is mediocre. I charge it every 3 even 2 days. Could have been better.

585397651[/snapback]

My MX900 sat in it's dock each night so I can't envision that being a problem. I just need a damn computer to use it on now...

i havent even had to charge the batteyr on my mx1000 for the last 3 weeks... i use it over 12hours a day, net srufing,photoshop/games etc.. not a single bar has gone down..simply superb battery life.. :yes:

wherehas with my old mx700 i had to charge it after 3days..

I had only ne problem with mine.....  The forward and back buttens wont work when the set point is installed in fire fox....  But will work in IE....  I e-mail logitech and they had me set the buttens to do what I needed so back would be alt+left and forward would be alt+right... But other then that I love my mouse!

585382745[/snapback]

Set the buttons to 'Generic' and they will work. I had the same problem.

My MX900 sat in it's dock each night so I can't envision that being a problem. I just need a damn computer to use it on now...

585397709[/snapback]

Yeah, but I'm sometimes too lazy to put it into the charging unit...

i havent even had to charge the batteyr on my mx1000 for the last 3 weeks... i use it over 12hours a day, net srufing,photoshop/games etc.. not a single bar has gone down..simply superb battery life.. :yes:

585397741[/snapback]

:woot: That's pretty much amazing. It was actually the thing I was excited about the most. I've read reviews where the battery life was praised to the heavens and I could not simply believe it....Knowing my lukk of course I have not been proved wrong on my initial doubts with my MX1000.

after returning 4 MX1000 because of the skiping bug

I've decided to buy another one 3 months later (yesterday)

happy joy, no bug and the mouse is working fine!

585398039[/snapback]

It was a problem with a whole revision line of the mouse. 1.3 I think was the buggy line.

after returning 4 MX1000 because of the skiping bug

I've decided to buy another one 3 months later (yesterday)

happy joy, no bug and the mouse is working fine!

585398039[/snapback]

Damn... the worse in that story is that it takes only 2.56 seconds to fix the mouse-skipping bug. :no:

My mouse had that problem and I just set it as a PS/2 mouse instead of a USB mouse. Works like a charm!!!!

i havent even had to charge the batteyr on my mx1000 for the last 3 weeks... i use it over 12hours a day, net srufing,photoshop/games etc.. not a single bar has gone down..simply superb battery life..

Now, THAT's impressive... 252 hours without a single bar down? It never happened to me... I have to charge it every 48 hours of use or so... :whistle:

Now, THAT's impressive... 252 hours without a single bar down? It never happened to me... I have to charge it every 48 hours of use or so...  :whistle:

585416658[/snapback]

well i mostly think it lasts soo long cuz the mx1000 shuts down while its not moving. its not exactly moving 24/7 for 2.5weeks.- and to remember overnigght it will switch off.

its more like 4-5days continous movement.

a bar went down yesterday after my last recharge of 5days. :yes:

i have that skipping problem too- it seems all models with serials starting LZB are faulty and the new batch with the problem resolved start LZC. - found this info on hte logitech forums.

serial numbers underneath the mouse- so anyone whose gonna buy one look at the serial before u make your purchase.

PsykX: if u use the ps2 adapter do you loose any funtionality of the mouse buttons?

i havent tried this yet-bu i'm waiting for the place purchased this mouse to get new stock (LZC) and exchange it.

Actually, the only way to turn the mouse off is to turn it off manually. The mouse seems to hibernate while it's idle, but it surely doesn't turn off. The green (or red :p) light bars must take a lot of juice from the battery I think.

If you set it to your PS/2 port, you do not lose any functionality. Logitech Setpoint is just a driver and works well with the mouse no matter what port it is plugged in :D

You're right, my mouse IS an LZB mouse and that is why it had that mouse-skipping problem. Using the Ps/2 port works great though, I don't know how that can fix the problem but trust me, it works A1!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Heh, I found this through google, went right back here to neowin, I just bought a new mx1000 at bestbuy (well 2 weeks ago), noticed the mouse liked to skip a bunch, and then I saw that neowin had a forum post on this. Yep I have one of those LZB mice, and I dont see what the problem would be by simply switching to PS/2 as you dont lose anything, and gain one more USB port. So its running under PS/2 now, and I was about to return it.

Sorry for the double post, but I have a question, now since the mouse is running under PS/2, wont it defeat the purpose of having a laser mouse as it will run under a much lower sampling rate? Isnt USB 125hz while regular PS/2 is 60 or so on XP?

You know after reading all reviews and watching all the fotos of MX1000. I've decided to buy it. Plus i read lot's of Forum threads. So. Not realy long time ago one of my friends got it as a birthday present. I borrowed it for couple of days to make up my mind about it. What can i say. I don't feel this rush. Yeah it's cordless and the battery works realy fine. But after all it's hard and you need lots of time to get used to it. I didn't feel the difference between 1000 and 510 on my Steelpad. I can only say that on my mind it's not worse it. But it's only my oppinion.

Actually, the only way to turn the mouse off is to turn it off manually. The mouse seems to hibernate while it's idle, but it surely doesn't turn off. The green (or red :p) light bars must take a lot of juice from the battery I think.

If you set it to your PS/2 port, you do not lose any functionality. Logitech Setpoint is just a driver and works well with the mouse no matter what port it is plugged in :D

You're right, my mouse IS an LZB mouse and that is why it had that mouse-skipping problem. Using the Ps/2 port works great though, I don't know how that can fix the problem but trust me, it works A1!!!!

585449021[/snapback]

Okay, I never had "skipping" problems eversince I bought mine last year. I changed it to PS/2 and no change is seen from USB. Mine is an LZB model... Though lifting the mouse quickly and putting it back on the desk does make the cursor on the screen halt. However, I never really liked that in ball mice anyhow :) I wonder if these skipping problems are just dependant on luck than revision numbers. I've been seeing people post about Revision 1.4 and Revision 1.3, but I cant seem to find it anywhere on my mouse nor packaging.

I hate when companies just release a new revision and sell it off eventhough it's the same product and never tell those who own the previous version.

It's like the A8V Motherboard from Asus and Logitechs (Again) Speaker Wires [Z5500]

They have very good support I heard, but their engineering team has to work harder.

Argh. I've got an LZB model.

Anyways, the biggest problem with mine is that the mouse sometimes 'freezes'... badly. It completely locks up, and the only way to get it back is to restart... anyone else had this problem?

Saving up for one now :D, I'll show you before and after pics as I've only ever used rollerball mice apart from my little bro's ?8 optical mouse from ASDA. (Supermarket in the UK).

Should be a vast improvement considering my current mouse is on a mousemat on my floor and sometimes it just stops working or whatever it feels like doing, I also have to sit right close to my computer ocz the lead is too short. Can't wait to go wireless.

Argh. I've got an LZB model.

Anyways, the biggest problem with mine is that the mouse sometimes 'freezes'... badly. It completely locks up, and the only way to get it back is to restart... anyone else had this problem?

585576249[/snapback]

I had that happen once only. Turning the mouse off and then back on fixed it.