[rel] Sustenance Visual Style

very nice. i like it. make a version in orange and black and ill use it, because currently those are my colors of choice. however, i love your design on this one... totally hot.

Indeed! its awesome! I guess one can never get tied down to a single VS as default. Folks out here make such lovely stuff.

Kol, I've got a few requests though ... and these have been requested by me in all VS I took a fancy to.

1) Would it be possible to have the active window in a different colour or with a glow around it in the task bar? You know if a couple of instances of IE or Word are opened, it would be nice to know which one is the active one.

2) The Min/ Max/ Close buttons. Its nice the Close is bigger and red and all that, but what I really would like is the max button to show that actual status... that is, if its currently maximized fully or not. So often, the window is extended over the whole screen and looks maximized, but is not. If that middle button could be shown bigger when maximized and smaller when it is not, it would be awesome!

Those done, I promise I'll keep this as my default forever!

....... well atleast for a long time ;)

Cheers

Very beautiful Kol. Amazing work.

A small thing though. I know not many of us are affected by this but if you are using a laptop and restriced to 1024x768, you have to use maximized windows :). And we get the cropped min/max/close buttons as shown in the attached image. Guess this has to be taken care of.

Moreover, as previously mentioned in this thread, it would be good if the maximized button can give some visual clue whether the window is actually maximized or not.

Thanks for such a nice VS.

- iShakeel

post-58955-1103969374.jpg

Thanks a lot everyone :)

Indeed! its awesome!  I guess one can never get tied down to a single VS as default.  Folks out here make such lovely stuff.

Kol, I've got a few requests though ... and these have been requested by me in all VS I took a fancy to.

1) Would it be possible to have the active window in a different colour or with a glow around it in the task bar?  You know if a couple of instances of IE or Word are opened, it would be nice to know which one is the active one.

2) The Min/ Max/ Close buttons.  Its nice the Close is bigger and red and all that, but what I really would like is the max button to show that actual status... that is, if its currently maximized fully or not.  So often, the window is extended over the whole screen and looks maximized, but is not.  If that middle button could be shown bigger when maximized and smaller when it is not, it would be awesome!

Those done, I promise I'll keep this as my default forever!

....... well atleast for a long time ;)

Cheers

585163796[/snapback]

1) Well when a window is active the button is pressed.

2) Maybe crate a different color for that button. Im going to try something.

KoL  awesome job man.

If you get the chance, I'd love to see a version incorporating Foood's star mockup.

http://www.foood.net/images/other/start-buttons-2.png

:cool:

585164066[/snapback]

Im going to tr them and maybe include the images :)

Very beautiful Kol. Amazing work.

A small thing though. I know not many of us are affected by this but if you are using a laptop and restriced to 1024x768, you have to use maximized windows :). And we get the cropped min/max/close buttons as shown in the attached image. Guess this has to be taken care of.

Moreover, as previously mentioned in this thread, it would be good if the maximized button can give some visual clue whether the window is actually maximized or not.

Thanks for such a nice VS.

- iShakeel

585164133[/snapback]

I had to create it that way to make it look good.