[rel] Sustenance Visual Style

Nice work Kol, I have been a fan for some time now. As for this theme being bulky, I dont think so. It's very clean and elegantly simple, how many VS's can you say that about.. :)

A very nice visual style indeed! The title bar style is stunning. Gosh, if I had to nickpick, I would only whisper that the check boxes (e.g., that might appear in a web page) when checked are so dark that the check mark is barely visible. Additionally the little directional boxes before each folder in file manager view are also so dark that you can't even see the directional arrows indicating sub-folder(s) or no sub-folder(s). I'm embarrassed to mention these small imperfections in "Sustenance Ergo."

Otherwise, thank you for a great work! :)

Edited by bcool

I like the white version, but I don't like the rounded box around the titlebar text... personally I'd prefer just a plain titlebar. Also, the caption buttons don't seem to react to mouseover, which is a pity, I like such little details... otherwise fantastic theme!

Thanks a lot everyone :)

BTW, KoL, you allow us to use your icons as avatar images, right? As you can see, I couldn't wait  :whistle:

585167213[/snapback]

Yeah no problem

here's my to do list.

- Create somethig different for inactive windows

- Create something different for restore button

- Create Winamp skin and WB skin

- Create somethig different for inactive windows

- Create something different for restore button

585169896[/snapback]

I dont know I really like the visual style the way it is right now. I dont know if Im going to make those change. Sorry

Nice work Kol, ive been thinking i needed to do something Neowin'y for a while now and this has given me some good motivation. Very nice interpretation of the Luna style.

My only complaints would be inactive windows without the buttons look kinda oogey and the gradient on the startuser image is a little unsmooth.

I dont know I really like the visual style the way it is right now. I dont know if Im going to make those change. Sorry

585170224[/snapback]

My suggestions:

Replace the red "close" button (which appears at the top of a widow) with a green one - it will fit the rest of the VS better.

Make a biggeer Start button - the current one is a little bit small.

Most of the skin is absolutely GREAT :laugh:

My suggestions:

Replace the red "close" button (which appears at the top of a widow) with a green one - it will fit the rest of the VS better.

Make a biggeer Start button - the current one is a little bit small.

Most of the skin is absolutely GREAT  :laugh:

585171049[/snapback]

I don't see how that'd improve this great visual style. I really like it!

Great work, as usual KoL!

The start button is green so why I thought why not the close button too? I know that in the Windows XP blue theme it is like that but I think that green looks better with blue than red. Also - the start button is a little bit small.

But yes - this skin is great. There's no much to change.