1. 1. Do you drink alcohol?

• Always
    • Sometimes
    • No
    • Hate

I drink sometimes,  but not too much.  btw legal here is 18

I smoke weed alot more than I drink.

585275961[/snapback]

heh....weed is nice stuff :) (nicer than alcohol imo)

but doing it too much rots your brain :(

so i don't....

I've never had a drink in my life - and I'm 30. Not even at my wedding or to celebrate my son being born. I was in a frat in college and only a few of the real pricks tried to give me grief about it. The rest were actually impressed that I stuck to my guns and never even tried it. They would stick up for me when one of the pricks got in my face about it. I got more respect from others for not drinking than from just about anything else I've done. I've only met one other person like me who's never had alcohol (other than some who abstain for religious reasons).

Why don't I? I just keep thinking of the scenario: you could work your butt off your whole life - go to Harvard, start your own business, volunteer to help sick kids, etc... And all it would take to put you in jail with rapists and murderers and theives is one single night where you have too much to drink and end up killing someone (either by DUI or drunk rage).

No thanks - not worth the risk.

I've only met one other person like me who's never had alcohol (other than some who abstain for religious reasons).

585279165[/snapback]

I used to abstain for religious reasons, but now I abstain for the following:

1) most alcohol tastes foul (beer especially, most strong spirits)

2) why waste the money ****ing it up against a wall, when you keep it and spend on something that will last a lot longer?

3) the health benefits in not drinking all the time (ie virgin liver :))

4) always having a clear head and not having that hangover feeling the next day

5) never having your friends tell you "You made a right pr*ck of yourself last night" (or words to that effect)

Nah I'll stay sober thanks, much nicer all round :)

I drink, but don't go out to the pub anymore unless it's a special occasion. I drink at home between 3 and 5 times a week, drinking maybe 10-12 cans each time (each can being 440 or 500ml). I don't have hangovers, but do sometimes forget things that I said the night before.

Infact the only time I am really on neowin is when I am drinking, which is why some of my posts can be sarcastic, and/or obtuse.

I used to think drinking was bad, etc, etc, etc. Then I found out about my friend, Rum. :p So yeah, I have A (a = singular) drink a day or so.