First Quake 4 Screenshots

True. The skin in the first model looks like a toy. Even some Doom 3 models has better work on that department.

In the other hand this game is just an Alpha so that might change.

585181727[/snapback]

Well I learned from experience that Graphics dont matter, Its the FUN factor. Iplay the Urban terror mod for Quake III to this day and i even mailed my copy of HL2 to a friend well because after beating hl2 i was bored with it sure there is Css but its funfactor does NOT hold a candle to Urbanterror AT ALL imo. But from what ive heard there continuing the story from Quake II :happy: which is a great thing Im excited Idsoftware hasnt let me down yet so i know im gonna be a happy camper( camper! i made a funny! :laugh: )

To the haters:please just stfu about how dark game is and how it has no real looking models if you want light turn on flashlight and if you dont like gameplay go back to your sims game....lmao

Personally, as soon as Quake4 hits the markets, all of my current Quake 3 clans, OSP - Rocket Arena - Instagib. Are moving to Quake4, and that'll be when I have to upgrade my rig, I have no need for an upgrade right now, because it does what I need it to do. That is play Quake3, good. So then i'll be upgrading to play Quake4, good. We all in the Quake3 world are expecting amazing things, we hope to not be unimpressed. :D

NICE SOURCE MAN (Y)(Y) LOL

"source: internet" LOL alot of thought into that one.

awesome pics, looks better then HL2 :o

I'm more concerned with overall gameplay than how the game looks. I get bored of the graphics easily. Frankly, you can make the walls look so real you forget you are in a game, and have the physics so real you don't notice its a game, but if yo can't make the game as much fun as Unreal 2004 or Call of Duty (two examples at the top of my head), then why bother?

the thing about the doom 3 engine that you have to take into account is that it plays alot better then it look's. I think HL2 graphics were great especially the water but the lighting in d3 just added so much more realism to the experience. HL2 has is strong points over D3 and vice versa

What happened to the fundamentals of a good first person shooter? With all this graphic hype games are coming out now, no one knows how to make a fun game, instead you just look nice but what the hell does that do in the end?

585182667[/snapback]

I think they are trying to merge realism in with fast fun.

Doom 3s engine was made to sport high polygon enviroments in a dark autompher

Understand doom 3 is about the Lighting and shadowing system they made it is all computed in Realtime not Pre Renderd John carmak knew what he was doing when he wrote the engine he spend over 1 year creating just the codeing and figuring out the #s it took 6months to compile. but what make s it a great Engine is the Techniqs in witch he used to make the Lighting and Shadow system work and Physics work Unlike other game Engines that tried to use simuler technolagy Like Doom 3 but ther not so complex as Doom 3 is you need to understand Doom 3 is 90% OpenGL and 10% directx what JC wanted to have for the first time in a game is the type of graphics you once only saw in Game cinamatics and ya know he pulled it off perty well. Doom 3 is about Lighting and shadowing not colerful hip graphics Doom 3 was made dark for a reason it was Made to scare you like no otehr game could because your in a World that has dark and the only light you have is in the distance to light the way makes it scary spec. if you have a 5.1 sound system it Helps. Most of you prolly didnt pay mutch attention to Interviews with JC and so on wher he EXSPLIAND wher he was goign with the technolagy and how the game world would be like. Doom 3 is supposed to bit Dim lit cause it is about Realtime shadowing and lighting Agian . So thats that. now Quake 4 uses the D3 engine but they have modified the shaod lighting and texure portions to add more realizm. oh and Halife 2 is 100% Directx Doom 3 is 90% OpenGL

Edited by notuptome2004

Quake 3 has got to be one of the games I have played the most out of any game I have ever had. If its anything like that with better graphics I am sold.

585184627[/snapback]

Agreed. I don't really care for single player when it comes to Quake. They have one of the best multiplayer communities out there, and if everybody migrates to Quake 4 when it arrives, I'll be coming along for the ride.

These were posted in PC Zone (UK Games Mag) months ago.

Looks bad. More Tunnel/Monster action... :rolleyes:

Hope I'm wrong ;)

585184608[/snapback]

yea i hope ur wrong too lol, i want more open areas such as hl2 had great atmosphere doom 3 u only got to go outside the place to suffocate lol

Looks like there gonna use the Doom 3 engine :ninja:

585182071[/snapback]

holly ****

how did you figure that one out

they said that abuot 6-8 months ago

and its a good thing

Agreed. I don't really care for single player when it comes to Quake. They have one of the best multiplayer communities out there, and if everybody migrates to Quake 4 when it arrives, I'll be coming along for the ride.

umm how about no

quake 4 continues the story of quake 2, its mostly single player game