Xbox or Gamecube - Game wise

Again, where does it say weakest? I never said the Cube was stronger than Xbox. Comparing Conker to Resident Evil 4 will tell you Xbox is far and away more capable.

585225018[/snapback]

Again where did I say weakest? :p I was just giving a point of reference to the hardware of the consoles. Not expressing which is more powerful or whatnot. I never said Cube was weaker than Xbox. ;)

When I said its the weakest of the three I didn't mean hardware wise altho this is a tough one. Gamecube does have some good hardware but so does PS2. Gamcube is very easy to program for which is a good thing. PS2 on the other hand is very hard to program for. Only now are developers figuring out how to unleesh PS2's power. An example, Jak 3. It looks better than most, if not all games on all three consoles. Don't beleive me? Play it your self.

About what I ment its the weakest, I ment sales numbers.

About what I ment its the weakest, I ment sales numbers.

585225054[/snapback]

Well, that much is obvious :p

The GameCube was thoroughly manhandled last year.

Edited by Danrarbc641

Whoever says Pikmin is a kids game clearly just hasnt played the game at all. Pikmin is definately not a kids game, its a challenging game. I never even got around to beating the damn game cuz its so hard (for me anyways) but its just so innovative and different. I'm sorry that you cant accept the fact that new kinds of games that bring something NEW to the gaming industry can in fact be very good games. And I'm sorry that you cant accept the fact that just because a game has weird looking little creatures and made by Nintendo, that it can in fact be a non-kiddy game?

Jeez people, since when do we judge if a game is good or not by the way it looks? You all sicken me, all you freaking graphics and blood and gore ######.

If you want to play online games then perhaps you should invest in an XBOX. Otherwise I'd reccomend a GC.

The GC is home to all of Nintendo's quality first party software which you will not find on any other system.

XBOX has a larger variety of games, but tbh, I find most XBOX (and PS2) games to be very bland and lacking real substance (which is probably why I lost a lot interest in video games).

If you're not interested in online play then I reccomend the GC. I know that the system isn't doing well, but it has so many quality games available. No one can match Nintendo for game quality.

...Mainly because it hurts my eyes.  It blurs stuff as a crappy attempt to antialias and I cant play like that. 

My vote goes for Xbox.

585223699[/snapback]

Atleast GC have support for Antialiasing, PS2 have not :rolleyes:

If you like quality over quantity, then go for GC.

I'd recommend Gamecube. Gamecube has some of the best exclusive titles and they are all enjoyable.

>Metroid Prime 2

>Paper Mario

>Zelda: The Wind Waker

>Super Smash Bros. Melee

>Resident Evil 4

>Baten Kaitos

>Animal Crossing

>Metroid Prime

>Pikmin

>Pikmin 2

Just to name a few...

585223295[/snapback]

:o....How could you forget Mario Party 6 & Mario Power Tennis.

and I?ll say it again- gc control sux- i was hoping to b able to use the n64 control, but no- in Nintendo?s genius they gave us the clunky piece of crap featured on the gamecube.

and no- Nintendo was completely idiotic to release rare (basically they couldn't afford them anymore) because rare carried the n64.

but hell- they're now on the xbx- which means good control and grafix to my fav games, so I?m not crying.

585224923[/snapback]

Yeah, I'll agree with you there on the controller. Its not exactly the best, kind of small, but beside that its not that bad. Losing Rare to Microsoft, didn't really matter cause for GCN, because they weren't producing many games anyway.

No offence but you're an idiot.

The Rock says who gives a **** if it's kiddie all it's meant to be is fun. There is nothing that annoys The Rock more than Xbox fanboys.

585224947[/snapback]

Agreed It all comes down to the fun/replay value of the game. There hasn't been one game from Nintendo that has lacked in that department. I could care less about how kiddie the game is. As long as i(Y)un (Y).

Mm but GC owners cannot be guaranteed a multi-platform release for GC, and it shows because Gamecube simply does not get the same amount of releases that Xbox and PS2 does.

585225026[/snapback]

hmm....That true, though I'm sure most gamers who bought GCN didn't buy it for the third party games. They more than likely bought it for Nintendo's first party games. You're sorting of excepting that.

ok. first off. im just going to say it as it is.

I AM A NINTENDO FANBOY - that felt good :p

heres my thoughts, they may seem a little biased to nintendo, sorry about that. i will try not to. and i am not the biggest x-box fan either.

X-Box and Gamecube. its all about tastes. first off. im not going to compare hardware. hardware is not what its all about, you can take your graphics elsewere.

back in the day when the x-box and gamecube got released at the same time, i was a PS2 fanboy and i was really not hoping for gamecube or x-box to win the console wars. i laughed at the gamecubes really tiny size, and yet i also laughed at the x-box's resemblance to a brick. i said to my friends "look what nintendo is doing, they are turning handheld. you can carry the gamecube anywhere.. thats not what console gaming is about." well, i was very young back then and didn't realize that LAN was becoming a reality between all consoles.

my point of view on the gamecube changed one day when i tried Super Monkey Balls (Monkey Fight). my friend and i laughed our asses off, and that was probably the most fun time i ever had with a game ever (it was just so funny).

X-Box was never in my tastes, people were all on about HALO and action titles, and the x-box had lots of sports titles that didn't quite.. apeal to my tastes. The controller was not among my tastes. and i thought to myself, although many of these titles arnt on the PC, some of the big titles are on the PC and its like having a second PC. i felt to myself, "I dont need a x-box". Later i learnt x-box live was not free, that kind of got me a little upset, i never paid for a online game in my life and im not going to start paying for online today, although i wasn't too interested in online play because i was very upset with the PlayStation 2 Online and i didn't even want to look at x-box had up their sleeves. Ok, i admit i was wrong.. X-box live is pretty good, but now i changed and online play doesn't suit my tastes anymore, im more at playing 4 players with my best friends and I am content with that. As for the controller i didn't like where all the buttons were and i prefered my PlayStation 2 controller back then. nothing could take me from my PlayStation 2.

sometime around last year the PlayStation titles were starting to get dry and i was beginning to ask myself, maybe its time to get a new console. i thought about it and started realizing to myself, i dont want a x-box so i guess i will be stuck with gamecube, and with gamecube the price was right, (130 canadian.. now its even cheaper). I picked up Mario Cart - Double Dash, and to admit it was really simple, but you know what.. it had catchy music in it and it was fun to play with many people.

some game titles that stick out in my mind

Paper Mario <-- almost would rate it best game of 2004. i had great fun with that game.

Pikmin 1 (never tried 2 yet)

mario party 6 (its all about the microphone) <-- i spent over 15 hours playing that game with some of my best friends

Super Monkey Balls 1&2 <-- the games that got me addicted to the gamecube.

Mario Cart: Double Dash <-- good with more than 2 people.

not to mention that they now have crash bandicoot and spyro for gamecube now.. (although i didn't play them yet, they were among my favourite games for the PlayStation).

overall, single player for the gamecube isn't as fun as back in the Super Nintendo days (or Nintendo 64). but i think it makes the best multiplayer system with friends. Nintendo isn't about the graphics theres a few titles that i can tell you about (Donkey Konga, four swords), Nintendo isn't about killing people in Halo.. nor is it the best sport gamer, but its fine enough for my tastes.. and my tastes are multiplayer with friends, and really fun mario titles.

other advantages to the gamecube that i really enjoy is Nintendo's Innovation, although i dont enjoy all of these features, these are objects that not all competition consoles have tried.

(Donkey Konga, Game Boy Player, Mario Party 6 Microphone, you cant forget the Wavebird Wireless Controller, the brodband adapter was a failure.. although maybe they will bring out more lan titles in the future, and last.. the soon to be chainsaw controller for resident evil :woot:)

for me, thats my small comparison between gamecube and x-box. its all about the tastes of games.. who cares about the graphics, graphics are for sissy's :p. and if nintendo gamecube and x-box suit both all your needs, you gotta remember.. you can trade price for graphics, if you really care about graphics.

Edited by Dale

I have Xbox, and I hate Nintendo, it has no originality, for example:

Look: Zelda Window Waker...wow Link is a boy who looks like some powerpuff cartoon, and the enemies are pigs ...well at the least the last zeldas who included a link that had always a master sword, a bow, and a lot of stuff that he will always posses and it will become so annoying.

Metroid Prime, looks like an Iron Man... 1,2, the Gba's and others...you always get the metaphore ball, or something like that, which turns a woman of almost 2meters in 30cm, thats innovating, we all saw that in Sonic, also the fact of seeing inside the helm, innovating, isnt it...how about a cannon that charges and charges...until it blasts out like Cyclops eye in some X men 1960 comics, hmm how about Metroid Prime 2, wow Samus got a nemesis, itsa negative projection of normal samus, and as we all remember there always were that guys in games like Megaman, Sonic Adventure 2, etc,etc...even in Mario Sunshine...shadow mario, who is baby bowser, isnt it?

Analyze this, Itsa me mario a big fat plumber who jumps around, looks like a comunist, catches coins, and has a lot of games which were only to make some money, Mario Tennis, Kart...and then always appears in useful fighting games like Super Smash bros. and all of the nintendo games just repeat over and over again...adding some extras, but remaining the same style of a previous game.

How about a little description of colors used in nintendo games, hmm all the mario games are coloured in sucha bright tones, and has a little of pink over there...some flowers, ahh..remember that Giant Big Pink thing at Double Dash at Peach's Beach...that was scary, hmm I think this is the least violent console, and when I say that everyone says: RESIDENT EVIL 4...you kill HUMANS!!!!, and how about KILLER 7, the title is Killer, no doubt that these games will never cause any fear on you, look for example at Silent Hill 4, will Resident Evil 4 ever make to beat this level of fear?

Xbox part:

Xbox Live > Awsome, online playing, patches downloading, maps downloading, mods(not much), and look at gamecube...it has a modem insatalled but the proper Nintendo doesnt support it, there were only some 3,4 games done with online playing...wow, isnt it.

Halo 2: Stupid Ending, excellent gameplay, good way of using every little thing that you had excepted from it, well now im waiting for Halo 3, who knows, maybe you'll require 2 controllers to manage 4 weapons at the time, but still that 2 weapon handling could be better, anyone can hold a rocket launcher and a sub machine gun, even a cyborg who throws warthogs.

Dead or Alive, very good fighting system, very good fighting styles used and the way that they are used, also look for ex. at Mk: deception, yes it is a deception when you look at some art style which you practice, you say that it's so far away from reality, but when you look at Doa: U, it's is so beatiful, all that counter attacks, just like real, and then there is the cool girls part, which as I remember, Zelda, Peach, except samus maybe, look at them, are they really women?

Which is the other game you may like, maybe Kotor2, if you played kotor1 and liked it,believe me it's worth every word that is pronounced at that game. How about games thar are going to be released, hmm, Doom 3, Half life 2, yep they are too violent for Gamecube allright, kids might get scared after a while...or maybe it is that the gamecube is the only console that cannot support some real graphics, only some cartoon character, plumbers, girls in helmets, negative girls in helmets, 2D rpgs, and other useful stuff that makes you puke.

Hardware part, wow xbox had a big controller, it only shows how aint kiddy it is, gamecube has a fragile controller, i could easily brake it closing my hand, xbox has a lot of music options to make you listen in games and stuff, while a cd or dvd doesnt even fits in a cubical console, hmm Xbox is big, but size matters, in there you have a hard drive, and you dont have to buy that memory sticks or whatever they are called, and then if you have a lot of games you may be looking until night just to find a save that you wanted, how about some transport conditions, while xbox may be some 10kilos, and Gamecube is light as some bag of candies, do you really care for it, are you really that weak that you cannot lift an xbox?

Who had not any patience looking at my poor english and other stuff, that make you think im stupid, here's a phrase for you: Xbox rules, the games are too damn superior, for a console that has no other meaning than playing one player, always repeating, with no originality games who titles are something that looks like itsa japanese food( come oooon...Baten Kaitos, Baken Kat'os, or paper mario, just look at the name of it, its mario who is made of paper, while originally he was 2D, and now they make him spin around showing that he is drawn) while xbox has quantity and quality, gamecube only posseses some games but they all have good scores, big deal, if you looked carefully at every game, it's maybe a conspiracy that nintendo is just paying all the sites and magazines, cuz no way Zelda: OoT could have perfect scores, the graphics are sucky, even for that age...well, again i didnt resume it quite well, how about this: XBOX > Gamecube

I remove my case, flame me, accuse me, etc... i have said what I think and everyone has their opinions, i showed mine, well not quite clear maybe, with quite errors, and stuff, i have my excuses and stuff, now it's is to you to judge, and judge it well.

-With Xbox in my heart( I have no idea how it fits there)

Edited by Knuxus

I have both, and I almost always play on my Xbox. I only play on my Gamecube when one of my friends wants to.

Xbox suits me more. Maybe it is because I really like Halo 2 and Burnout 3, while I don't really have any favourite games on the Gamecube.

^ wow that was the most blind fanboy post i have ever seen in all my years of console war posting.

585225477[/snapback]

Who me? You sure dont know how to see reality then..wake up....

Who me? You sure dont know how to see reality then..wake up....

585225523[/snapback]

Oh I'm fully awake. If you had even HALF a valid argument I would accept your post as opinion. What are you, 10 years old? Dude you have no argument.

Ehem, and I quote:

"Zelda Window Waker...wow Link is a boy who looks like some powerpuff cartoon, and the enemies are pigs"

"Metroid Prime, looks like an Iron Man" In that case, I can say your precious Master Chief looks like Iron Man then cant I?

"mario a big fat plumber who jumps around, looks like a comunist"

Oh and your horrible sense of sarcasm doesnt even help your cause whatsoever.

Then you sure live in a very colorful world, which if you really notice it isnt...

If you wanna discuss this, maybe flooding this topic isnt the right place...lets settle this somewhere else, shall we, to see your arguments...

I think here is perfectly fine. This is, afterall, a message board. And message boards tend to be a place for these arguments. And since this is a xbox vs gamecube topic, this is fine. Plus the fact that everyone else can see your fanboy arguments and join in on the fun.

I think here is perfectly fine. This is, afterall, a message board. And message boards tend to be a place for these arguments. And since this is a xbox vs gamecube topic, this is fine. Plus the fact that everyone else can see your fanboy arguments and join in on the fun.

585225597[/snapback]

Seriously this will be an endless discussion, there is so much more to say about xbox, and in some point you will run out of arguments about gamecube and just stick to something really stupid that gamecube has and xbox hasnt,well gamecube may have 2 or 3 things that xbox doesnt, i dont even know which are they, but xbox has a lot more than gamecube anyway, anyhow...and a lot of users who answered this, answered Xbox, and a lot of users have all three or at least two of consoles, look at their opinions, xbox's can smash a gamecube only with Live...

Ah, you obviously look only one way.. You picked about Nintendo?s graphics, but do you understand Nintendo's Strategy? Nintendo makes fun games that are not based on hardware. Who needs these fancy graphics when I got a perfect PC that plays graphics much better than the x-box?

Xbox Live > Awsome, online playing, patches downloading, maps downloading, mods(not much), and look at gamecube...it has a modem insatalled but the proper Nintendo doesnt support it, there were only some 3,4 games done with online playing...wow, isnt it.

mm.. online gaming is O.K. but whats better then wasting your friends in local multiplayer? O.K. maybe patches and mods are good, but theres also a fine line between PC and X-Box right?

I have Xbox, and I hate Nintendo, it has no originality

Fair enough, you tell me this stuff when you see a Game Boy advance being hooked up to a Game Cube. When you see the donkey konga controllers (although the game was a lamer).... when you play Mario party 6 single player with friends... NOT ONLINE you must understand again, what?s so original about a microphone in an online game? It?s been done before? Just not as massively as it is used these days... when you play resident evil with the chainsaw controller think about how un-original that is.

Nope Zelda Four Swords is definitely unoriginal... it uses a gaming engine from when I was 8 years old.

When you play with the first official wireless controller for a console (Wave Bird) you tell me how un-original that is.

I am pretty sure all you got is a bunch of normal (big or small) controllers and one x-box and your content with that and you call that "Original".

and look at gamecube...it has a modem insatalled but the proper Nintendo doesnt support it, there were only some 3,4 games done with online playing...wow, isnt it.

WRONG. Game Cube doesn?t come with broadband adapter... Its your own waste of cash if you go out and buy it.

Maybe someone should get his facts straight and actually learn a little bit of the game Cube before he goes and flames what he doesn?t know?

Xbox part:

Which is the other game you may like, maybe Kotor2, if you played kotor1 and liked it,believe me it's worth every word that is pronounced at that game. How about games thar are going to be released, hmm,

how about some transport conditions, while xbox may be some 10kilos, and Gamecube is light as some bag of candies, do you really care for it, are you really that weak that you cannot lift an xbox?

Who had not any patience looking at my poor english and other stuff, that make you think im stupid, here's a phrase for you: Xbox rules, the games are too damn superior, for a console that has no other meaning than playing one player, always repeating, with no originality games who titles are something that looks like itsa japanese food( come oooon...Baten Kaitos, Baken Kat'os, or paper mario, just look at the name of it, its mario who is made of paper, while originally he was 2D, and now they make him spin around showing that he is drawn) while xbox has quantity and quality, gamecube only posseses some games but they all have good scores, big deal, if you looked carefully at every game, it's maybe a conspiracy that nintendo is just paying all the sites and magazines, cuz no way Zelda: OoT could have perfect scores, the graphics are sucky, even for that age...well, again i didnt resume it quite well, how about this:  XBOX > Gamecube

I remove my case, flame me, accuse me, etc... i have said what I think and everyone has their opinions, i showed mine, well not quite clear maybe, with quite errors, and stuff, i have my excuses and stuff, now it's is to you to judge, and judge it well.

-With Xbox in my heart( I have no idea how it fits there)

585225475[/snapback]

Halo 2: Stupid Ending, excellent gameplay, good way of using every little thing that you had excepted from it, well now im waiting for Halo 3, who knows, maybe you'll require 2 controllers to manage 2 weapons at the time, but still that 2 weapon handling could be better, anyone can hold a rocket launcher and a sub machine gun, even a cyborg who throws warthogs.

You're complaining about inovation? whats so innovative about halo 2? Aliens coming to earth is nothing new! Wow a few extra features! Big whoop, they stole it from other games, Hi-jacking vehicles? GTA series already had it, 2 guns? not really innovative, you need 2 hands for one weapon? c'mon and im a halo 2 fan boy.

Dead or Alive, very good fighting system, very good fighting styles used and the way that they are used, also look for ex. at Mk: deception, yes it is a deception when you look at some art style which you practice, you say that it's so far away from reality, but when you look at Doa: U, it's is so beatiful, all that counter attacks, just like real, and then there is the cool girls part, which as I remember, Zelda, Peach, except samus maybe, look at them, are they really women?

Dead or alive doesnt have any innovation either, noting is new. All you do is fight people, and they just made it 3-d. Its like the super-nes killer instincts, and to really make the series good they made a volley ball game :rolleyes:

Hardware part, wow xbox had a big controller, it only shows how aint kiddy it is, gamecube has a fragile controller, i could easily brake it closing my hand,

Now you're saying that the the GC controller brittle? I saw a show, where they dropped each systems controller off a 30 foot building and then the barbequed it, all that happened was it was the GC controller turned a bit blackish and the analog stick was a bit warn out, tthats it. The xbox controller stopped working! And th PS2 controller broke in half and also nintendo is the only company with an official wireless controller, theres no innovation with the xbox controllers.

xbox has a lot of music options to make you listen in games and stuff, while a cd or dvd doesnt even fits in a cubical console, hmm Xbox is big, but size matters, in there you have a hard drive, and you dont have to buy that memory sticks or whatever they are called, and then if you have a lot of games you may be looking until night just to find a save that you wanted,

Now about the hardrive, the xbox people even said that was a big mistake, it weighed down the systems price and plus its only an 8 gig HD its nothing super, you dont really need a drive that big

Xbox Live > Awsome, online playing, patches downloading, maps downloading, mods(not much), and look at gamecube...it has a modem insatalled but the proper Nintendo doesnt support it, there were only some 3,4 games done with online

About live, sure its good and it fixes games, but its costs alot $99.99CND for a starter kit and $69.99/year after that.

What proof do you have that nintendo is paying sites for good reviews? Stop making this bull up, geez man.

Doom 3, Half life 2, yep they are too violent for Gamecube allright, kids might get scared after a while...or maybe it is that the gamecube is the only console that cannot support some real graphics, only some cartoon character, plumbers, girls in helmets, negative girls in helmets, 2D rpgs, and other useful stuff that makes you puke.

If you want REAL graphics get the PC version of the games, much better than the xbox graphics. oh and Doom 3 isnt out for Xbox yet, so that doesnt count

Edited by sumeet