Logo Challenge

Question

Logo Challenge offered at my site:

Emotion Designs

logochallengeposter.gif

The poster says it all.

The top three entries will recieve the prize listed in that poster.

I need a rather professional logo that matches the color of my website but still keeping the personal website feature so a little bit of pro, personal and design mixed in with the logo.

Here is what I am looking for:

I am going to use this logo as a favicon so make the dimensions of the logo even such as 16px by 16px default icon size

I will also be using this logo for other stuff such as sending out email, indentity, etc.

Colors I prefer to match the site colors but it doesnt have too

Make it trendy, stylish something that will match the theme of my site like simple, young, warm style logo.

Hope that helps

Remember the top three logos will the recieve the $1.00 Hosting for the first three months with 2.5 GB of space and 75 GB of bandwidth. That is a hard deal to come across plus Life-Time advertising on my website.

Edited by emotion

Despite the strange request I did come up with a very basic concept and created a few images from that. It is vector based, but there was PS work done afterwards to spice it up a bit.

ed3.png

ed2.png

ed1.png

The wwworld is filled with logos

if a Logo is to be made atleast make sure the site is worth it

the logos offered are excellent but is your site up to it?

im sorry to say but it is not unique

and no i have never made a website but i still feel the urge to restrain my self from

displaying "anything"

should we not at one point question the difference between the good and the bad site

or should we just add on to the endless amount of *info* with out objectivity

what is your point?

in this case it is a logo

-apologieze-just got back from going out, she is sleeping, with our baby and had some thoughts, ants build their city, we humans build for fun

This is for zedaxax:

Yes the world is filled with logos and maybe my site "is not up to it" but its there something wrong with trying to make it "up to it"? Is there something wrong with trying to make it more unique by adding a logo? Not all sites start out huge zedaxax with a 1000 hits a day and using up there bandwidth within a week that they started and if you cant figure that out then whatever.

speaking of vector can someone explain what that is and if the4y want add my msn and teach me lol

585253455[/snapback]

from a notepad file when I needed to answer this awhile back

forget what site had it posted.

Vector graphics are not made with pixels, they are made with vectors. Vectors are defined directions used to draw graphics on screen using mathematical equations, as compared to raster images that use a grid of mapped pixels.

Instead of placing pixels into a grid to create a circle, vectors based programs draw a circle from an equation. The advantage of using equations instead of pixels to draw shapes is that there is no "resolution" involved. Because the vectors based drawing program creates a circle based on an equation, a circle drawn with a 10 inch radius is no different than a circle drawn with 10,000 inch radius (one just has bigger number in the equation than the other).

VectorGraphics can be resized to any size (bigger or smaller) without becoming "pixelated" or without losing resolution, unlike raster images than can only be re-sized down without losing clarity.

Vector graphics are the best choice for line art (Example: logos, and text) because the outlines of these shapes are always sharp, and cleanly defined.

Fonts are vectors based. For each character of a font there is an equation defining it's shape. In general, text should be made using fonts, and not raster images. I do not recommend laying out the text of your design in Adobe: Photoshop. Photoshop does handle nice clean vectors based fonts, however any fonts used in your file will have to be "rasterized" (or "rendered") and converted from vectors form to raster form. I would recommend Adobe: Illustrator for creating vectors text. Raster text is not as sharp as vector text.

heres my go! If there's somin you want changed, don't hesitate to ask ;)

EDIT: Removed logo - made a mistake in the name

Edited by danellis

ok i had another go.... Still a bit "rock and rollish" but i personally prefer the look :happy:

EDIT: Removed Logo - made a mistake in the name

Edited by danellis