Official Macworld Thread

is iWork really worth it though? I mean no "Cells", just keynote and word...for 80? 70 dollars more for entourage and excel (student version of office)

also catch: iWork can only be installed via DVD drive. This might mean new things to come

is iWork really worth it though? I mean no "Cells", just keynote and word...for 80? 70 dollars more for entourage and excel (student version of office)

also catch: iWork can only be installed via DVD drive. This might mean new things to come

585274565[/snapback]

Steve kept saying 'we are BUILDING a successor to Appleworks'

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore works for me (UK Apple Store). YMMV, of course...

A bodged cut-and-paste from the UK store:

?339.00

(?288.51 ex VAT)

Usually dispatched: Ship by Jan 29th

Free Shipping

1.25GHz PowerPC G4

256MB DDR333 SDRAM

40GB Ultra ATA hard drive

Combo drive

DVI or VGA video output

AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth optional

?398.99

(?339.57 ex VAT)

Usually dispatched: Ship by Jan 29th

Free Shipping

1.4GHz PowerPC G4

256MB DDR333 SDRAM

80GB Ultra ATA hard drive

Combo drive

DVI or VGA video output

AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth optional

Hills420: yes, and a USB keyboard and a USB mouse.

take_the_veil: don't troll. Shouldn't you be in kindergarten?

Steve kept saying 'we are BUILDING a successor to Appleworks'

585274577[/snapback]

wth is that going to mean lol

if "cells" was there i wouldnt be whining but its not lol.

he is kinda right though. if anybody else released a product that only had one function, and didn't even have an lcd, it would be laughed at. apple can put a spin on things that no other company is capable of.

Hey, if you plug a mouse and keyboard into the mini ... aren't all the USB ports gone :wacko:

Nice little concept, but that hurts it's use as much of a home box without a hub.

imo ipod shuffle is really, useless sorry guys. i wouldnt go for it, no screen mp3 player? even creative moved away from that.

but when i saw the pictures of mac mini, i laughed so loud, cause i was so surprised how they fit a mac into that thing, i mean, wow. incredible. sleek, amazingly small, and powerful. i might look forward to getting one when tiger comes with it. well, thats in prob 6 months time. DAMN MAC MINI I LOVE IT

and whens the keynote gona be available for stream/download?

Hey, if you plug a mouse and keyboard into the mini ... aren't all the USB ports gone :wacko:

Nice little concept, but that hurts it's use as much of a home box without a hub.

585274615[/snapback]

the mouse goes into one of two of the keyboard's USB ports. After you plug both up, you still have two USB ports to work with.

he is kinda right though.  if anybody else released a product that only had one function, and didn't even have an lcd, it would be laughed at.  apple can put a spin on things that no other company is capable of.

585274607[/snapback]

Any other company would be flamed, yelled at, blamed of all disasters on the planet. But Holy Apple can release anything, the just add "i" before the name of the product and blind masses will buy it. :D :rofl: :yes:

the mouse goes into one of two of the keyboard's USB ports. After you plug both up, you still have two USB ports to work with.

585274626[/snapback]

Assuming you have an Apple keyboard. The Logitech they show in the picture still requires 2 USB ports.

Any other company would be flamed, yelled at, blamed of all disasters on the planet. But Holy Apple can release anything, the just add "i" before the name of the product and blind masses will buy it.  :D  :rofl:  :yes:

585274636[/snapback]

iDildo, now with wireless and bluetooth capabilities.

585274615[/snapback]

No. Apple keyboards have two USB ports on the backside of the keyboard, you plug the moust into the keyboard. Also if you've a Cinema Display too, you'll have FireWire and USB2.0 ports on the display as well. :)

Assuming you have an Apple keyboard. The Logitech they show in the picture still requires 2 USB ports.

585274649[/snapback]

get a usb hub if need be