Official Macworld Thread

Now I know which computer I will get before summer: Mac Mini !!!! :) Wonderful working computer and for games i'll just use my laptop. Now I only need to get me a 20inch apple display.

Jan 2005, iPod market share is now 65%, with the flash market share down to 29%

This was after the iPod mini.

What?s next? Go after the Flash market

current offerings from other companies

Very small dispplay

Tortured user interface

No click wheel

Most popular way of listening is Shuffle

Introducing the iPod Shuffle

Jan 2005, iPod market share is now 65%, with the flash market share down to 29%

This was after the iPod mini.

What?s next? Go after the Flash market

current offerings from other companies

Very small dispplay

Tortured user interface

No click wheel

Most popular way of listening is Shuffle

Introducing the iPod Shuffle

<levin> <applextrent> introducing the iPod shuffle

<levin> <applextrent> no screen

<levin> <applextrent> its very very tiny

<levin> <applextrent> white candy bard

<levin> <applextrent> smaller then a pack of gun

<levin> <applextrent> weighs as much as 4 quarters

One button to play / pause, volume up / down, and previous / next song. LEDs signify feedback. You can Shuffle your music in a million different ways. Or by a switch in the back you can do first to last.

Edit, Fake pic?

Looks **** :s

post-2629-1105469684.jpg

10:36am - Faster version is $599. Available January 22nd. Crowd is going wild.

10:37am - iTunes Music Store. Sold more than 230 million songs. 70 percent market share. Selling 1.25 million songs per day.

10:40am - ?As you know we have the iPod and iPod mini.? Sold 4.5 million iPods last quarter. Sold 733,000 in Q4 2003. 500 percent growth. 10 millionth iPod was sold on December 16th. Steve kept it for himself, we?re sure he?ll be ebaying it soon.

10:42am - Over 400 iPod accessories. Talking about iPod and BMW. More car adapters to come: Mercedes, Nissan, Volvo, Scion, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari.

10:44am - Cellphones. Rehashing stuff Motorola announced at CES. Will be Motorola-branded phone, out Spring 2005. No applause.

10:45am - One more thing? iPod market share last year: 31 percent. Flash had 62 percent. ?Wannabes? were 7 percent. iPod mini went after high end of the flash market. Now iPod market share is at 65 percent, flash is at 29%, wannabes at 6 percent. ?We?d like to go after the remaining 29%.?

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000477026962/

Still No Tiger Release Date~!!!!

10:47am - Attributes of current flash players: AAA battery, tortured UI, very small display, no click wheel. Needed an original idea.

10:48am - Something happened in the iPod market. They discovered a new way to listen to music: shuffle. Basing new flash-based player around shuffle. iPod Shuffle. No display on player. Looks like a little stick. Smaller than most packs of gum. Like an elegant thumb drive. Weighs less than one ounce. Button to play and pause. Volume up and down button. Previous and next song. That?s it. Nothing else.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000477026962/

> Autofill is a new feature in itunes. It selects a number of tracks which correspond in size to the ipod flash

> autofill uses a collection of most heart, best rated and new tracks to fill the list