What do you drive?

My 4 vehicles are:

1965 Olds Cutlass F-85 (not pictured. stored in heated garage)

1991 Mercury Topaz

1996 Ford Ranger XLT

2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ

^ I used to have a '05 Wrangler, rolled it off a cliff one day while off-roading, I guess I took that term a little too literally.

The car hit a tree at 70KM/H on a mountainous track, the ARB Bull-bar absorbed almost all the damage, it was dinted in about 15cm and the front grill was untouched. Anyway, we hit the tree and rolled down a couple of times then hit another tree, the car cut off and airbags deployed etc.

Amazingly the car drove back up the mountain :p

The chassis had warped and was a write off non the less, but jesus. Thats some of the most fun I've had in a car. I once tried to drive it thorough the Murray River on shrooms, luckly it wasnt too deep where we went in and we could get towed out. The car was full of water :laugh: (drain plugs are handy on it). We ended up attracting the attention of alot of campers in the area :p

Anyway my current car.

Soul & Passion.

Heck, who cares if its not even working half the time. Its sexy :p

Resized640x480_W991622607078a.jpg

I think that I will be buying a VW Kombi soon, just some cheap one. I crave a road trip.

Edited by se7en.hu

From August 28th (if GM keeps their delivery date...) onwards:

2009 Pontiac G8 w/Premium Package

tn_AS08Pontiac%20G8%201.jpg

Gorgeous car, but they are rare since they just started to trickle into Canada. I can't wait!!

My 97 Cavalier. I'm sure it won't suite everyones taste but I like it...

IMG_3023.JPG

that is a VERY nice looking Cav, its rare to see one done nicely.

From August 28th (if GM keeps their delivery date...) onwards:

2009 Pontiac G8 w/Premium Package

tn_AS08Pontiac%20G8%201.jpg

Gorgeous car, but they are rare since they just started to trickle into Canada. I can't wait!!

In the US they already have a bad rep for being terribly GTO replacements.

Just got the windows tinted

post-112234-1218588730_thumb.jpg

My 97 Cavalier. I'm sure it won't suite everyones taste but I like it...

IMG_3023.JPG

I really dislike cavaliers but this is truly done right. Great job.

In the US they already have a bad rep for being terribly GTO replacements.

Well to be quite honest, to hell with the GTO. I didn't buy the G8 because I wanted a GTO remake, I bought it because it's a gorgeous car and it's very well built. The GTO and the G8 aren't even in the same class so I don't know why people think the G8 is a GTO replacement.

Well to be quite honest, to hell with the GTO. I didn't buy the G8 because I wanted a GTO remake, I bought it because it's a gorgeous car and it's very well built. The GTO and the G8 aren't even in the same class so I don't know why people think the G8 is a GTO replacement.

Not same class? they are both "upscale" performance v8 family cars from the same maker the G8 FLAT OUT took the place of the GTO in the line up.... Hell they even have the same engine, platform and most likely same (or similar) suspension. The G8 even has the GTO's hood vents. The only change I see is a 6spd auto with no manual option and the body is less round.

My father and I each work for different GM suppliers.... about 90% of the changes are cosmetic. My company makes their websites, his makes interior parts and latches.

Edited by T. Kovacs

Not same class? they are both "upscale" performance v8 family cars from the same maker the G8 FLAT OUT took the place of the GTO in the line up.... Hell they even have the same engine, platform and most likely same (or similar) suspension. The G8 even has the GTO's hood vents. The only change I see is a 6spd auto with no manual option and the body is less round.

My father and I each work for different GM suppliers.... about 90% of the changes are cosmetic. My company makes their websites, his makes interior parts and latches.

The G8 is a full-size luxury car that replaces the Bonneville and the Grand Prix. It's not classified as a sports car, well not in Canada anyway.

face it, your argument is like trying to say the camaro and Firebird are 100% different.

FYI, the Grand Prix is still being made... The GTO wasnt classified as a Sports car either....thats even what made them sell back in the 60's

face it, your argument is like trying to say the camaro and Firebird are 100% different.

FYI, the Grand Prix is still being made... The GTO wasnt classified as a Sports car either....thats even what made them sell back in the 60's

Unbelievable :wacko: ...You need to get your facts straight. The Camaro and the Firebird along with the GTO are sports coupes/muscle cars, the G8 is a full-size luxury car, like it's predecessor the Bonneville and to an extent the Grand Prix. Speaking of the Grand Prix, GM stopped making them earlier this year.

Hell they even have the same engine, platform and most likely same (or similar) suspension. The G8 even has the GTO's hood vents. The only change I see is a 6spd auto with no manual option and the body is less round.

Huh? The GTO is based off the RWD GM V platform and the Pontiac G8 is based off the GM Zeta platform.

The GTO is an amazing car, holden quality that can be had used with a ****ING CORVETTE ENGINE for under 20k used. G8 is even better, depreciation isn't an issue..yet, but the build quality and concept is there, the power is there, sales just need to pick up. Funny how everyone on these blogs and forums beg for "IMPORTED CARS" or "RWD RWD" or "DIESEL DIESEL" but when it arrives it sells like ****. (All of the new saturns, the aussie pontiacs, mercury cougar (last gen), etc etc)

I have just recently bought a BMW 318ci M Sport and am quite happy with it!

Got some leather conditioner on order to keep the seats in shape and also a new windscreen being fitted on Monday (stone chip)

The M tech suspension is great, handles sublimely around bends of any sort though I've not pushed it yet and DSC seems to handle sliding well :)

E46 Sports coupe = best car shape ever!

I totally agree, E46 is the best pussywagon ever! Ever!

Welcome to the beemer club bro!

got me a White '07 Cobalt SS.

and AHFUNAKI.....i think your Cavalier looks nice. i had a '94 Cavalier for 14 years that i just got rid of. i shed a tear when they came to take it away.

My baby is a 2005 Accord EX V6, truly an amazing machine considering the miles I put on her. However, typical Honda, I give it the maintenance that she deserves and pamper her as best I can and she just runs.

I got the windows blacked out about 5 months ago. It was somewhat of a rush job during the guys lunch break, so we didn't have time to take off the old factory tint, so they are REALLY dark.

post-131676-1218767279_thumb.jpg

post-131676-1218767414_thumb.jpg

Unbelievable :wacko: ...You need to get your facts straight. The Camaro and the Firebird along with the GTO are sports coupes/muscle cars, the G8 is a full-size luxury car, like it's predecessor the Bonneville and to an extent the Grand Prix. Speaking of the Grand Prix, GM stopped making them earlier this year.

I was talking about how the original GTO was a family car, and my camaro/firebird comparison was to compare the GTO and the G8

1. Grad Prix is still being made... so no car out NOW has replaced it

2. the GTO makes more power

3. the G8 is out BECAUSE Holden stopped using the platform the GTO was based on, Holden stopped making a RWD 2door hard top

4. What replaced the Holden Monaro(GTO)? the Commodor(G8)