What do you drive?

I was talking about how the original GTO was a family car, and my camaro/firebird comparison was to compare the GTO and the G8

1. Grad Prix is still being made... so no car out NOW has replaced it

2. the GTO makes more power

3. the G8 is out BECAUSE Holden stopped using the platform the GTO was based on, Holden stopped making a RWD 2door hard top

4. What replaced the Holden Monaro(GTO)? the Commodor(G8)

1. GM ceased production on the Grand Prix. The 2008 Grand Prix, which came out last year, was the last model to be made. The G6 has replaced the Grand Prix in Pontiac's mid-size category lineup.

2. So...Have you seen the price of gas these days?

3. The G8 is based on the Commodore, so it's not out because Holden quit making a 2-door RWD chassis. It's out because GM wanted to reintroduce a full-size car into it's Pontiac brand, which the Bonneville filled until 2005. So GM and Holden took the current Commodore, tweaked it and released it in NA as the G8.

4. The Monaro was a sports coupe and the Commodore is a full-size car. You replace apples with apples, not apples with oranges

1. GM ceased production on the Grand Prix. The 2008 Grand Prix, which came out last year, was the last model to be made. The G6 has replaced the Grand Prix in Pontiac's mid-size category lineup.

3. The G8 is based on the Commodore, so it's not out because Holden quit making a 2-door RWD chassis. It's out because GM wanted to reintroduce a full-size car into it's Pontiac brand, which the Bonneville filled until 2005. So GM and Holden took the current Commodore, tweaked it and released it in NA as the G8.

4. The Monaro was a sports coupe and the Commodore is a full-size car. You replace apples with apples, not apples with oranges

really? cuz i remember Dodge replacing a 4door small car (neon) with a small SUV wanna be (caliber)

1. The Pontiac Grand-AM was replaced by the G6 - The Grand Prix is being replaced by the G8

That information is probably all over the Internet, check your facts. The size of the G8 is closer to the Grand Prix than to the Bonneville. Nothing has replaced the Bonneville in the Pontiac lineup.

1. The Pontiac Grand-AM was replaced by the G6 - The Grand Prix is being replaced by the G8

That information is probably all over the Internet, check your facts. The size of the G8 is closer to the Grand Prix than to the Bonneville. Nothing has replaced the Bonneville in the Pontiac lineup.

Yeah the G6 replaced the Grand Am but it also replaced the Grand Prix because both are mid-size cars. The G8 and the Bonneville are both full-size cars. So the G8 has replaced the Bonneville.

Anyway, enough arguing back and forth, we're clogging up this thread lol

My 04' BMW 325i (Dark Blue, Metallic)

DSC01431.jpg

I love that thing. Still runs beautifully. Except in the snow :p

The photo is from when I first got it, that's why it still has the dealer plate thing (couldn't find any other photos of it).

My 04' BMW 325i (Dark Blue, Metallic)

The photo is from when I first got it, that's why it still has the dealer plate thing (couldn't find any other photos of it).

Maybe you should come back with a better photo of your BMW !!! You know, without snow... It's august around here!

Still runs beautifully. Except in the snow

I'd hope so - its barely 4 years old. Should just be getting run in at that point and loosening up! :)

I was talking about how the original GTO was a family car, and my camaro/firebird comparison was to compare the GTO and the G8

1. Grad Prix is still being made... so no car out NOW has replaced it

2. the GTO makes more power

3. the G8 is out BECAUSE Holden stopped using the platform the GTO was based on, Holden stopped making a RWD 2door hard top

4. What replaced the Holden Monaro(GTO)? the Commodor(G8)

You truly have no idea about what you're talking about.

The GTO and the G8 are nothing alike... aside from being fast. Different platform/body... different segment... different everything. The G6 takes place of the Grand Prix in terms of price point and has the same interior space as the grand prix.... the g8 becomes the more upscale full size car that takes over for the Bonneville and upscale GP's (GTP/GXP etc)

The only way its similar is that pontiac may be coming out w/ a 2 door G8 to replace the gto... but given the gas prices who knows. They are coming out w/ a g8 truck which will tank... but interesting none the less.

And you do realize the grand prix ceased production.

Me too! 'More Than' I had to be 18 before I could take the policy out, and also I completed my Pass Plus driving course, which More Than treat as One year NCB, so it brought it down from ?2k+ to ?1200, which is slightly cheaper than I was paying on my old fiesta.

• 3 weeks later...

^ I still can't believe they shoved those FREAKING UGLY rims on the DX-G model (And I rarely feel so strongly about car aesthetics). I understand that those aluminum rims with that crappy plate design is done for aerodynamics (Negligible?) on the Civic Hybrid. But IMO those hubcaps were better in the 07 model. And even at that I bought a LX just so I don't have to be stuck with those hubcaps.

But seriously those are by far the worst wheels ever made. Every time I see it on the road, I throw up a little, thinking, who the hell came up with these junk? The Civic looks really nice IMO, but the wheels just ruined the car.

• 3 weeks later...

Some updates... got the grilles and tail pipe fittings done..

A few things left to do.

smoking the tail lights (not black) same with the headlights

either nismo or eibach springs for the front.. lower it an inch

OEM fog lamps.

still waiting on DMV for my customized plates...

img-2152.jpg

img-2157.jpg

• 2 weeks later...