Dream car

Some Stats from Hennessey Performance on the Venom 1000

Power Output:

# 800 - 900+ Rear Wheel HP (900 - 1,100+ Flywheel HP)

# 900 - 1,000+ Rear Wheel Torque (1,000 - 1,200+ Flywheel Torque)

Acceleration (Stock 6-Speed Transmission):

# 0-60: 2.25 sec. *

# 1/4 mile: 9.75 sec. @ 148+ mph *

Note: * Denotes Viper World Record. Times were obtained with MT "ET Street" tires.

585300311[/snapback]

HA, I've seen a 9 sec Civic with less HP.

Not to hate on domestic's or nothing, but just saying. With all that horsepower and torque it should be able to beat a Civic. :laugh:

Hmm too many to list, like less common cars than ferrari, mercedes etc..

Koenigsegg CCR: ccr_yel_blue_2_640.jpg

TVR Sagaris: 9-1313.jpg

Noble M14: 2004-Noble-M14-RA-1024x768.jpg

not to mention Aston Martin DB9/DBR9, Maseratti MC12... etc etc! :)

sti2.JPG

Subaru WRX STi

031016ecli1.jpg

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

typex180front.jpg

Nissan 240sx

sil80.JPG

Nissan Sil-80

These are my favourites.. although the 240sx/180sx/Sil-80 can be brought/modified, I'd still say it is one of my dream cars.. :cool: :cool:

DORIFUTO FOR LIFE!!!

p.s how could I forget?!!

delorean.jpg

Edited by Razorwing

Wow. Some people have some pretty ****ty taste in cars.

WRX STI?

BMW Z3? That's not even a real BMW for god's sake!

And an Evo? It's impressive but who the hell wants to own one of those?

As I said, I'll take one of these:

1020530.001.2M.jpg

460 BHP (or 500 on Plus model). Better handling than an M5, much faster, and with a WAY better interior. And just look at it! Although honestly I can't wait to see the next one built on the new A6 series platform.

Or for something a little less sane, one of these:

2005-veyron-f3q-stu.jpg

bugatti_veyron_blue_purple_concept_manu-01.jpg

That's 1001HP. Actually, it also happens to be an Audi engine. An 8.0 litre W16, to be exact. In fact it also has an Audi DSG gearbox and Quattro four-wheel-drive :)

Nevermind the fact that it consumes an estimated 1.3 gallons of gas per minute under WOT. It can still go 0-60 in under 3 seconds (with its specially made super-huge tires).

Edited by threedaysdwn

Wow.  Some people have some pretty ****ty taste in cars.

WRX STI?

BMW Z3?  That's not even a real BMW for god's sake!

And an Evo?  It's impressive but who the hell wants to own one of those?

As I said, I'll take one of these:

http://www.germancarfans.com/features/1020...0530.001.2M.jpg

460 BHP (or 500 on Plus model).  Better handling than an M5, much faster, and with a WAY better interior.  And just look at it!  Although honestly I can't wait to see the next one built on the new A6 series platform.

Or for something a little less sane, one of these:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/B/bugat...ron-f3q-stu.jpg

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Bugatti/b...ept_manu-01.jpg

That's 1001HP.  Actually, it also happens to be an Audi engine.  An 8.0 litre W16, to be exact.  In fact it also has an Audi DSG gearbox and Quattro four-wheel-drive :)

Nevermind the fact that it consumes an estimated 1.3 gallons of gas per minute under WOT.  It can still go 0-60 in under 3 seconds (with its specially made super-huge tires).

585302028[/snapback]

and don't forget the quad turbos.

to both of you fools who said you wanted 'eleanor' as your dream car, how the heck can it be your dream car if you don't even know what year car it is. One said it was '65 and the other has the name of the picture being a '69. If you split the difference you have the correct year. It's a 1967. It was the first year the GT500 was available. And a dream car to me is one I build to be my own to have straight-line performace, handling on a road course, good climate climate control, interiro comfort, and anything else i wish to add while i'm building it.

well my dream car doesn't even existe. and most likey not to

a small nuclear engine that lasts for over 50 years. in something like an aston martin and it would power an eletric engine that can go over 300 mph and 0-60 in 2 seconds.

to both of you fools who said you wanted 'eleanor' as your dream car, how the heck can it be your dream car if you don't even know what year car it is.  One said it was '65 and the other has the name of the picture being a '69.  If you split the difference you have the correct year.  It's a 1967.  It was the first year the GT500 was available.  And a dream car to me is one I build to be my own to have straight-line performace, handling on a road course, good climate climate control, interiro comfort, and anything else i wish to add while i'm building it.

585302112[/snapback]

(Y)

My ultimate dreamcar would be a '67 GT500, but I'd hardly dare to drive it.. :p

As an everyday car, it'd be the new BMW M6, sooooo smooth. :cool:

As a weekend car, the Aston Martin DB9 would own me. :drool:

But hey, I wouldn't say no to any of the cars suggested here. :D

HA, I've seen a 9 sec Civic with less HP.

Not to hate on domestic's or nothing, but just saying. With all that horsepower and torque it should be able to beat a Civic. :laugh:

585300366[/snapback]

Oh NO! A RICE BOY! The Fast and the Furious kind of 9sec Civic... I don't understand this, buying a cheap Civic and changing everything in it.... Why not just buy a Saleen Mustang GT or better a Viper instead?

:D

When I first saw this thred, I wondered how long it would take for the RICE posts.

I don't have one particular car but a few on my top list:

MClaren F1 - Super fast and sleak looking. Plus it seats 3...

Aston Martin DB9 or Vanquish - Been a big fan since the latest James Bond Movies.

Carroll Shelby's 427S/C Cobra - This car has original style since its from the 60's.

I'm not all that big into Ferraris or Porsches anymore. I am starting to see more and more of them on the road.

wtf is a Delorean  ? is that the car thats from switzerland ? :whistle:

585302083[/snapback]

Back to the Future ever see it? The Delorean was designed by John Delorean I think he was from Scotland or Ireland not sure it had an all stainless steel body the motor wasn't too powerful a V6 I think it had gull wing doors as well.

My dream car would have to be the 2006 BMW M5.

side.jpg

OH YES. :yes:

Check out these specs: http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/04/specs.htm

And you can get a supercharged Honda Civic Type R engine to give it 300BHP, on Top Gear (a really ****ing ace TV show here in the UK) it beat all the top supercars around their track by a long way.

British and Japanese Engineering at it's best, forget any other countries cars, I mean look at America, they have to have huge engines to get power, Rally Art here in the UK got over 700BHP out of a Evo 8 engine before the head blew off.

Edit:

Also this:

web_two_cars.jpg

Look at that! You can buy that, and drive it on the road, and it can get to 60 faster than most bikes.

Edited by ollie_webbuk

1965 Shelby GT500 (Eleanor)

585296563[/snapback]

^ Indeed (Y) (you mean 1967 ;)), and also an BMW M5/G55 AMG :)

That "Top Gear" episode was great, Clarkson's skin going all over the place with the awesome power of that car.

Radish?