Dream car

I thought all I'd see here is Porsche, Lambo, and Ferrari. I'm an Evo lover too.

1. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

2. Subaru WRX Sti

3. Dodge Neon SRT-4 (yes, really)

4. Chevrolet Cobalt SS

I don't need bling, blang, blou. I want a fast car with forced induction and a healthy aftermarket presence. No chrome wheels, no teak interior or leather trim. Just pure speed baby.

Jag XJ220. Been my dream car for quite some time now. Based on looks alone. I'm not a car buff I Don't know jack about whats under the hood. I know at one point it was the 2nd fastest car in the world straight off the line.

post-35193-1117721087_thumb.jpg

Mercedes CLK-LM

(not to be confused with its tamer road car)

clklm.jpg

or, I'd build my own ultimate dream car. I'm majoring in mechanical engineering in order to work as an automotive engineer, so this isn't as crazy as it might sound. What I really think would be cool would be to take the body panels off of a 2003 Saturn ION (my first and current car) and fasten them onto a totally custom tube chassis weighing much less than half as much as the original car. I'm not sure if I can find plexiglass to match the stock windows, so I might be stuck using the original glass, but they'd definitely be dark as hell to hide the fact that it wouldn't have much for an interior. (I'm going for the ultimate sleeper look... NOTHING custom on the outside but the tint. Even the ride height would have to be stock.) Right behind the front seat (lightweight racing seat), I'd probably put a 3800 supercharged powering the rear wheels for the handling of a mid-engined, rear wheel drive car. The front hood would have downforce panels underneath, with venturi tubes going to the back. I'm also considering downforce fans that blow air on the brake discs up through the wheel wells (so others can't see them).

I think this is thread refers to street-legal, commercially available mills.

586004794[/snapback]

why? you can still buy these race cars anyways, so I think they should be allowed

Well, I'm not trying to thread jack or anything. I just thought that if one of these wasn't street legal, you'd have to trailer it everywhere and drive it on the weekends on a private track.

In my book, the definition of dream car is something that I can drive everyday, runs flawlessly, doesn't require a pit crew to maintain, and is drivable on every road.

But hey, that's just me.

Edit: Just try taking one of those track monsters over speedbump and watch what happens. Or try having a kid. Hit anything larger than a shoebox and the car is totaled. Unless you know how to lay carbon fiber, that is, if you're still alive.

Audi Nuvolari

It's in Autocar in the UK, its named after 30' legend Tazio Nuvolari.

V10, 600bhp, 533lb torque, 5.0 litre twin turbo, 4.1s 0-62mph, 186mph limited to 155mph. 6 speed tiptronic auto box. 21 inch alloys, sub 1600 kg but only one inch shorter than an A8. (4.8 meters long)

nuvolari02.jpg

or bmw m6 (i am not picky)

post-3891-1117731420.jpg

Edited by panacea

Well, I'm not trying to thread jack or anything.  I just thought that if one of these wasn't street legal, you'd have to trailer it everywhere and drive it on the weekends on a private track. 

In my book, the definition of dream car is something that I can drive everyday, runs flawlessly, doesn't require a pit crew to maintain, and is drivable on every road.

But hey, that's just me.

Edit:  Just try taking one of those track monsters over speedbump and watch what happens.  Or try having a kid.  Hit anything larger than a shoebox and the car is totaled.  Unless you know how to lay carbon fiber, that is, if you're still alive.

586005286[/snapback]

If your dream is to drive a race car, or even own and run a race team, then it would make perfect sense to have a race car as your dream car, wouldn't it?

*kicking and screaming* I suppose so...ugh. :unsure:

New finding! 8/10 Neowin visitors would like to manage a race team.

Edited by raskren

i agree. keep this thread to street legal cars please. i did find some cars i never heard of before in this thread, but i am only interested in street legal cars and i am sure most people here are. thanks.

ps. formula 1 type racing cars should go into a separate thread.

*kicking and screaming* I suppose so...ugh.  :unsure:

New finding!  8/10 Neowin visitors would like to manage a race team.

586005411[/snapback]

how do you get that figure? there's only been 2 or 3 race cars posted, the rest are completely street legal with the slight exceptions of the TVR and the Ariel, which aren't legal in north america, but are legal in britain, where they're produced.

Waaa I love these American 70s muscle cars!

Although my personal fav would be the McLaren F1. Boring I know, but I love that car. Koenigsegg CC is cool too. Or the DB9. Or the brand new DB9-like Jag. Or an RS6. Or an SL55. Or the new CLS. Or an old Mustang. Or the F340. Or a Phantom. Damn I can't choose! Although I guess the Jag is out of the contest as it technically doesn't exist yet.

Oh wait I know... THE BRERA! That's an awesome car!

You have to keep in mind that cars that are made in your backyard are exotic in the US. Many of them WOULD require a race team to keep running in optimal condition and that's IF customs would let the car into the United States at all. And then you have to find parts for it when something breaks. These cars aren't designed to go 200,000 miles.

I remember a news story a few years back and it was the one and only Bill Gates who had a car siezed by US Customs and it took literally months to get through. Even the richest man in this country can't get his hands on a "dream car."

I'm not trying to troll this thread or anything. I just don't think an F1 class vehicle counts as a dream car any more than a dump truck does.

I'd like to have a Delorean because im a BTTF fan and it's one very rare car.

1981delorean102703.jpg

585296611[/snapback]

Ah, yes... That is my dream car too.

That or a Cadillac Cien.