Dream car

Finally someone said it, or maybe some others too... Yes, the Porsche Carrera GT though i'd go for a Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren simply because it has safety features and "gizmos" to keep me from doing something stupid. Otherwise, the BMW 2005 M5 (in the sig/avatar):

V10 400 or 507 HP (by the press of a button, haha)

0-60 in 4.5

7speed SMG (while the USA model is rumored to have a 6-speed Manual Option)

And ofcourse, all the sounds that go with it and that new styling by Bangle--I actually like it.

Btw, any of yall heard the SLR McLaren? My god, that thing sounds like a 747 taking off--now thats music.

• 4 months later...

ok, heres the real deal about Eleanor:

there were 11 or 13(i cant remember) built for the movie

she was a '67 gt500 in the movie but really, she was created with help from Chip Foose by modifying regular '68 fastbacks. the only thing that was really shelby was an engine, none of the cars in the movie actually made the sounds, they used a 400-somthing cu. in. gt500 motor to record the engine noises:drool:. you can actually buy eleanor body kits on ebay for a couple grand, you get the hood, bumpers, fender flares, rear deck lid, side skirts, ect...to make your very own eleanor, or you can buy a super-snake(gt500e)with a 700-something hp motor :D

for more info go to total control product's web site, (they made the suspension for the movie cars which include front and rear coilover systems and rack and pinion steering, which, yes, you can buy for your mustang)they also have info on where to buy the official body kit, numbers for the exact dupont paint colors(pepper gray metallic, metallic black), part numbers for all the lights(fog lights ect...)from PIAA, even the rims snf tires they used and any other info on Eleanor you could ever want. as for the motor, if you want to build an EXACT replica of eleanor, the motors varied depending on what the car was used for(jumps, speed, turning), so there is no one specific one, i think the biggest motor they used was a 351. for the small things in the car like the "go baby go" nitrous button, just look on ebay :)

as for my dream car,

i will be able to build some day-Eleanor('68 fastback)

i will never be able to afford-McLaren F1(go to www.cardomain.com/id/f1lm241 for my F1 info site

glad i could be given the opportunity to set things strait :D

wtf is a Delorean  ? is that the car thats from switzerland ? :whistle:

585302083[/snapback]

not sure if anybody answered you yet buy it was made by DMC, by John Delorean to be more exact. He had something to do with GMC, one of the partners or something and it was made in the US....thats all i know.

Turbo'd, cool intake, and everything else put into a black Lexus IS300.

Darkest tint available, black rims, complete monster on the inside, no rice on the outside.

:D

I'm getting a used one sometime after college :)

post-46003-1117694078_thumb.jpg

Edited by pto