Dell 2405FPW UltraSharp Flat Panel Monitor

I'm interested in the price, but I'm definitely in love with my HP L2335: http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/monitors/tft/l2335.html

Hell, HP's customer service totally blew me away enough to be a fan of them again. I bumped the screen, causing two spots to develop on it. Nothing super major, but it was mildly distracting when a white background came up. So, I sent an email to them that evening and they sent back the next day saying a new one was on the way. No questions asked, just sent it right along. I had a new one in 2 days flat from when I reported the problem! Not only that, they also paid for the shipping back of the broken one via UPS. Dropped it off at the UPS Store that's a 1/2 mile down the street and that was it! I'm super-impressed with HP now :)

I'm interested in the price, but I'm definitely in love with my HP L2335: http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/monitors/tft/l2335.html

Hell, HP's customer service totally blew me away enough to be a fan of them again. I bumped the screen, causing two spots to develop on it. Nothing super major, but it was mildly distracting when a white background came up. So, I sent an email to them that evening and they sent back the next day saying a new one was on the way. No questions asked, just sent it right along. I had a new one in 2 days flat from when I reported the problem! Not only that, they also paid for the shipping back of the broken one via UPS. Dropped it off at the UPS Store that's a 1/2 mile down the street and that was it! I'm super-impressed with HP now :)

585322948[/snapback]

What's the response time for that monitor? Didn't see it listed in the specs.

Dell > Apple.  :p

::rubs it in a bit more:::

Again!  :p  :p

585320928[/snapback]

But Dell has a lot of backlight problems ... :p

You dodged this question in other threads too. :laugh: :D

But Dell has a lot of backlight problems ... :p

You dodged this question in other threads too.?:laugh::?:D:D

585323826[/snapback]

Actually, The only thing Dell on the 2005FPW is probably the Dell Logo.

Housing is BenQ and the Panel is LG.

Hence why Dell cant do anything directly & its taking a while to sort out.

Edited by Hypoxiaicon

Actually, The onlything Dell on the 2005FPW is probably the Dell Logo.

Housing is BenQ and the Panel is LG.

Hence why Dell cant do anything directly & its taking a while to sort out.

585323855[/snapback]

Didnt knew about that, thanks for the info (Y)

$1300 is quite cheap for a 24".... i'm importing a nice sony 24" LCD TV HDTV from japan and it's gonna cost roughly around $5000-6000 CDN

dell always have cheap prices =/

What's the response time for that monitor?  Didn't see it listed in the specs.

585323133[/snapback]

the HP L2335 uses a 16ms panel, same as apple's 23"

owning such a screen I can tell ya there's absolutely no ghosting, no backlight leaks at all, nada, and I can confirm that HP's support is top notch

the 1st one I received had 2 sub-pixels stuck on, called my reseller and they replaced it without even asking to see it, 2 days after I called I had the replacement screen delivered directly by a HP support guy

Get ready for the backlight problems... lol

Though I got a 2005fpw with NO backlight bleeding  :cool:  It does have 1 dead pixel  :rolleyes:

585318447[/snapback]

BAH! You know what I'd give for that on my 2005fpw? Got it today and it has 4 dead pixels and nearly half the entire screen is covered in back light.

Consider yourself lucky, 1 dead pixel is nothing!

This 2405 looks cool assuming it isn't plagued with the same problems the 2005fpw has had.

The 2405FPW should not be plauged. It probably will not use an LG or BenQ Panel. It will probably use the Samsung one and everyone (hopefully) will be really happy.

The one monitor that is really good that came out of Dell is the 2001FP. It is a solid TFT from Dell. It really sucks to see so many people with problems with the 2005FPW.

I'm glad I have no interest in the 2005FPW. I do have alot interest in the 2405FPW because of tis 1920x1200 resolution. Basically this monitor will add even more space to my screen and I will not lose any screen space coming from a Dell 2001FP (1600x1200).

Lets hope for the best. Try not to expect the worst ;)

Dell > Apple.  :p

::rubs it in a bit more:::

Again!  :p  :p

585320928[/snapback]

The funny thing is that they use teh same manufacuter of the LCD Panel :p LG! :laugh:

I've been enjoying Apples 30' for quite some time now :whistle:

585335513[/snapback]

Thats brilliant, nobody cares! TROLL!

• 2 weeks later...

The info below is direct form the source of the raw panels themselves at Samsung Engineering:

The 24" panels are NOT in stock as of today at Dell. They may be by mid month. The cost of the new 24" panels should be WAY below the cost of the 243T especially the Dell ones, but there is obviously a mistake on the Dell site. But then again pre ordering one of these systems may just get you one and then whether they honor it or not is the question. You may end up with a 20" switch. The Samsung models will be out after the Dells and they may not be quite as inexpensive.

The specs on the "raw" panels are as follows:

Up to 1000 Contrast Ratio

Up to 500 nit brightness

16ms response time

8ms response time for grey to grey

They also said that they are able to correct dead pixels in the fab now, so there should be very few if any.

Nuf said, who doesn't want one. :D

What would be the use of a memory card reader in the monitor? Would you be able to transfer files to it through the comp? or just view pics off it on the monitor?

What would be the use of a memory card reader in the monitor? Would you be able to transfer files to it through the comp? or just view pics off it on the monitor?

585390042[/snapback]

view

(Y)

But I cant see anything on the Dell website about this monitor.

585390062[/snapback]

It's sort of hidden on a Precision desktop option on the Med to large business dell page and shows up when you try to check out. Dell doesn't even acknowlege the sku # listed for it yet.