Dell 2405FPW UltraSharp Flat Panel Monitor

Ordered a new Dell 19'' 1905 monitor several weeks ago. It came without any advance notice, it had huge backlight problems, it was bright as hell (even in the lowest setting for brightness), and finally colours were washed out. Had to send it back and waiting for refund two weeks already... :angry:

Currently testing Philips 190B5 (actually LG) and it looks so much better! :yes:

It just came out today.

Im gonna do everything I can to get this.

585552739[/snapback]

Like picking up the phone and calling Dell?

Im going to get one of theses ASAP!

i hate you guys... so damn lucky!!

once you get that crap put a review in the readers review so we can discuss it outside of bpn... which gets not much traffic by the hardware hangout guys.

Just called Dell Sales in the UK.

:) Its is available. Just ordered it for ?862.45 inc del. Est delivery date 12/3. Now to get a sound bar off E-Bay:))

I note that the warranty for the UK is 3-year replacement service. What is the warranty for other countries?

Cancelled mine and reordered using hte coupon.

New shipped price is $1066.00 and the ship date is now the 17th instead of the 23rd. Wish they would go ahead and ship it already.

Just called Dell Sales in the UK.

:) Its is available. Just ordered it for ?862.45 inc del. Est delivery date 12/3. Now to get a sound bar off E-Bay:))

I note that the warranty for the UK is 3-year replacement service. What is the warranty for other countries?

585557301[/snapback]

?862:(:(

I only paid ?480 for 2005FPW...

Damn... nearly double.. I want the 2405 :cry:ry:

Edited by Hypoxiaicon

?862?:((

I only paid ?480 for 2005FPW...

Damn... nearly double.. I want the 2405 ::cry:y:

585558217[/snapback]

Yeh, I wanted the 1920x1200 resolution and I might find a use for the component input too.

The issues with the 2005fpw panels frightened me a little though I understand they have been resolved with the 01 version. There's still a lot of traffic from unhappy people though - when Dell stuff up they do it properly - I know I've got an Inspiron 8500 with a QWERTY trampoline.

Whoo-hoo, just looked at order tracking. Should be here by weekend.

I'll try and do a bit of a review when I get it.

Tony.

Yeh, I wanted the 1920x1200 resolution and I might find a use for the component input too.

The issues with the 2005fpw panels frightened me a little though I understand they have been resolved with the 01 version. There's still a lot of traffic from unhappy people though - when Dell stuff up they do it properly - I know I've got an Inspiron 8500 with a QWERTY trampoline.

Whoo-hoo, just looked at order tracking. Should be here by weekend.

I'll try and do a bit of a review when I get it.

Tony.

585558872[/snapback]

I have a Rev A01 Feb and its still not right... infact its terrible.

I want a free upgrade to a 2405, Please. :pinch: