Dell 2405FPW UltraSharp Flat Panel Monitor

i have no need to surpass my 17" screens, i might upgrade to a 19" soon enough, but a 24" i dont see why i would need one? square monitors are better, wide screen is still too new for me to get use to.

Nice... I want a UK Pounds Sterling Price....

I want... badly...

'Dear Dell...

I love you... Can you upgrade my 2005FPW to a 2405FPW due all the problems and trouble it has caused me getting it replaced twice.............'

Heh, the 2001FP Vs. 2005FPW battle can be closed now. This is without doubt teh best monitor in the market :D Priced $600 under Apple's 23" Cinema, this is a 'bargain'. Now if we can just get Dell to give it a look similar to the Cinema Display's.... :shifty:

Now if we can just get Dell to give it a look similar to the Cinema Display's.... :shifty:

585472304[/snapback]

I'd bet thats on the cards too, especially considering Dell's new laptops have started sporting a brand new silver look. :whistle:

i have no need to surpass my 17" screens, i might upgrade to a 19" soon enough, but a 24"  i dont see why i would need one? square monitors are better, wide screen is still too new for me to get use to.

585471749[/snapback]

two square monitors make a rectangle... :whistle:

i hope this brings down the price of their other lcd's. i need one.

1000:1 contrast ratio. DAYYUM!!!

So it's out but it's weird, the RTS for the 2405FPW was supposed to be today and on Feb. 21 for Europe but they moved it to March, hmm, probably last minute fixes for bleeding and dead pixel problems. Now who said the picture I posted is photoshoped and the tech specs are not right. You people really like Dell's flat panel monitor, do you?

Here's some added specs:

Faceplate coating: Antiglare with hard-coating 3H.

Backlight: 6 CCFLs U-type backlight.

Video input signals

Analog RGB: 0.7 Volts +/-5%, 75 ohm input impedance.

Digital DVI-D TMDS: 600mV for each differential line, 50 ohm input impedance.

S-video: Y input 1 volt(p-p), C input 0.286 volt(p-p), 75 ohm input impedance.

Composite: 1 volt(p-p), 75 ohm input impedance.

Component: Y, Pb, Pr are all 0.5~1volt(p-p), 75 ohm input impedance.

Synchronization input signals: Separate horizontal and vertical, 3.3V Cmos or 5V TTL level, positive or negative sync. SOG (Sync on green).

Here's the pic for the connections:

post-13614-1108430756_thumb.jpg

So it's out but it's weird, the RTS for the 2405FPW was supposed to be today and on Feb. 21 for Europe but they moved it to March, hmm, probably last minute fixes for bleeding and dead pixel problems. Now who said the picture I posted is photoshoped and the tech specs are not right. You people really like Dell's flat panel monitor, do you?

Here's some added specs:

Video input signals

Synchronization input signals: Separate horizontal and vertical, 3.3V Cmos or 5V TTL level, positive or negative sync. SOG (Sync on green).

585472785[/snapback]

I know it has component but does it have HDCP over DVI for HDTV? :unsure:

Here's some added specs:

Video input signals

585472785[/snapback]

ok these are some stupid questions... what is that little hole next to the power cord plug? it looks like another power input! What are the red, blue and green inputs? why is there a VGA input as well as a DVI input. i would think that people withgout DVI would have to get an adaptor...

ok these are some stupid questions... what is that little hole next to the power cord plug? it looks like another power input! What are the red, blue and green inputs? why is there a VGA input as well as a DVI input.  i would think that people withgout DVI would have to get an adaptor...

585477062[/snapback]

RGB is for COMPONENT. (HDTV, TiVO etc)

There's a VGA and DVI so you can hook it up two two different computer sources.

That little whole is probably the Media Card Reader Power Plug or the USB Hub Power Connector (or both).

I Think this is correct :p (made by me :))

585477152[/snapback]

I would say the first is the power for the monitor, the 2nd is probably the power for the AS500 speakers (which you can attach to the monitor).

This looks like the perfect monitor for long term because even if they come out with some decently priced monitors larger than 24 inches they will probably be to big for most people. 24 inches is just right!

Just wondering since the DVI is not HDCP compliant, is there ANY possibility to add a adapter or anything like that to allow devices that requires HDCP compliancy to work?

585478746[/snapback]

as far as I know HDCP is necessary in both pieces of hardware to function properly...BUT YOU'RE IN LUCK, HDCP only works if you're attatching your cable box to the monitor via DVI, so if you just sacrifice a little in quality and use the component cables to watch HDTV, you should be fine and dandy.